Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone in europe. 1 prepaid SIM for multiple countries?

Default iPhone in europe. 1 prepaid SIM for multiple countries?
    I will be going to europe for 2 weeks in June. I'd like to bring my unlocked 3GS. Are there any providers that offer service in several countries?

I will be going to:

Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice)
    Switzerland (Lucerne)
    France (Paris)
    Netherlands (Amsterdam)

I'd like an unlimited data plan if possible.. probably not possible for all these countries with ONE prepaid SIM?

What are my options? Thanks in advance!

i don't think so as each have different telecoms regulators etc, but you can pick up pre paid cards fairly cheap you just might not be able to get a data plan, but there are plenty of free wifi zones in major cities, most cafes, bars and hotels would have some sort of free wifi

yeah, that's what i figured.. I thought i read somewhere that orange had a unlimited prepaid sim plan for ~$11 for a month... that seems too good to be true

For wifi hotspots, what would be a good app that can scan for these hotspots? I don't have any experience with these apps. I also remember reading that apple removed several wifi scanners from the appstore.. are they in cydia now?

yeah there are a few in cydia, but most connections should pop up in your normal wifi on the phone

Thanks

It is possible.
    For a "normal" account you MUST have an "EU country" equivalent to the US social security number to sign up.
    However, there is a workaround - buy a prepaid account...(but it will be expensive with roaming charges between countries, but you can "recharge" the account via the web).
    I would go for a prepaid in each country - can be bought in virtually any store.
    Your choice.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sursture For This Useful Post:

keyztolope (2010-05-06)