Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2g unknown caller id

Default iphone 2g unknown caller id
    Jailbroken iphone 2g with Optus in Australia. When someone calls me it reads unknown caller, if or isnt in my contacts. I've tried downloading cydia programs to fix this but when i recieve calls no matter who calls me i still get unknown caller, please help very annoying.

Thanx in advance

Sounds like a service provider issue, try giving them a call.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to doughboy2 For This Useful Post:

broncos88 (2009-07-09)

Not to sound overly simple, but since you are using it with a non-Apple approved plan, do you have the Caller ID feature from the cell company? You do need the service in order for it to work on the phone. I don't mean to sound silly, but of the 3 phone in my family, mine is the only one that has caller ID, it isn't always standard in all cell plans.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you also need to tell your friends to stop calling you on blocked numbers lol

it has nothing to do with the iphone. it works fine, has caller ID out the box. but if someone calls you on a private/blocked number, you will get unknown caller on the sceen. regardless if you have the number saved, it needs to be unblocked for your contacts list to catch it
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

iPhones don't have caller ID out of the box. It needs the functionality turned on at the provider level. I had my son's SIM in the phone for a while and it works, but doesn't have EDGE access or caller ID function or Voice mail because he doesn't have any of those features on his line. All those function are addons to MY line at the provider level. We have a basic cell plan so those things are not on unless I pay for them. A lot of basic cell plans don't have those included to keep the costs lower.
    Last edited by jedavis1; 2009-07-14 at 02:24 PM.