Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone problems with 3g network on orange uk

Default iphone problems with 3g network on orange uk
    I have an iphone 3g (apple unlocked) it works with any sim and any network recently I have purchased an orange uk sim with enabled mobile internet - problem is that I have no 3g network just an small circle where the 3g icon should be. I have full internet access but slow - can anyone help me -thanks

Thanks

Your area doesn't have 3G for Orange UK, just GPRS which is represented by the blue circle. Orange's 3G coverage is miniscule in comparison to networks like O2 and Vodafone- I suggest you move to either of those networks, or try another area.

y the way-
    Wrong Forum.
    Moved.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2009-07-07 at 07:40 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

baron724500 (2009-07-07)

thanks for your help - im in central London thought id at least get a 3g network here

just found another issue - when I put in a different sim card from a non uk country I can roam on orange and get the 3g network immediately - it just doesnt make sense
    Last edited by baron724500; 2009-07-07 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    in london there are hundreds of orange masts, however as there is many high buildings, or masts on sides of buildings, that is y you are not getting 3g coverage, regards