Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best iPhone Carrier (Pay and Go) to use in UK?

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best iPhone Carrier (Pay and Go) to use in UK?
    Hi all,
    I'm leaving for England on Thursday, to stay for a month. My Phone's unlocked, so I'm looking to just buy a SIM and swap it in, and use a "pay and go" type plan, where I can just purchase a certain amount of minutes and texts, etc.
    I've looked around all the certain websites - Orange, O2, Vodafone, 3, T-Mobile, etc.. But they are all confusing haha!

I'd like to know if anyone has some personal experience with these. I'm looking for one that has
    • Unlimited Data,
    • Unlimited Texts
    • around 500-600 minutes.

However, I can't find one that has unlimited data for sure.

Does anyone use a pay and go plan with their iPhone? If so, what carrier and which 'plan' do you use? (for the UK)

Any help would be appreciated, even if you only know a little!

Anyone?
    Last edited by IvanPK; 2009-06-23 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sorry for the shameless bump but does anyone use a PAYG sim with their iPhone in the UK

Yes, Use either O2 (Official Carrier over here) or use T-Mobile. If you go Tmobile then get the 30 day rolling contract called "Solo".

o2 offer their Simplicity Sim only plan, while technically it is a contract the contract is only 30 days (ie 1 month) so you could get a simplicity sim, run it with the unlimited data (going to cost around £21) and cancel the contract at then end of the month (so you only pay for the 1 month you are over here. The issue you would have is they want it paid by direct debit and I suspect they would want UK bank details for that so you would need a friend in the UK willing to basically do the paperwork for you and you give them them cash.

Tariffs - O2 pay monthly SIM only tariffs

Your tariff / Change
    Online simplicity 15 SIM Only
    Pay Monthly contract
    600 texts / 300 mins
    Includes Unlimited O2 to O2 Calls £14.69 Your extras
    Unlimited Web Bolt £7.34
    Monthly cost£22.03 One-off costfree

Quote "Enjoy the flexibility to cancel with just 30 days notice" from the simplicity choice page, you can choose a 1 month contract or 12 month contract, as I read it if you choose the 1 month contract you can cancel it a few days into the contract and the 30 days notice will be the first month you paid for which is all you need?
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Thanks

Thanks guys. I got a o2 payg sim from the store, and topped up 40 pounds. 20 went to unlimited data and the other 20 to my balance. since i topped up more then 30 pounds i got unlimited texts as well. i still have 13 pounds to spend and i leave sunday!!

btw i got this about 3 weeks ago.. but thanks for the effort! I really appreciate it. (make sure to always read post dates )