Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: orange sim card iphone 3g settings

  1. #1
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    manchester, uk
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default orange sim card iphone 3g settings
    hey guys i just did the ultrasnow worked great and now i got my orange sim card in my uk o2 iphnoe, but i need the setting for the 3g connection any1 know this for orange uk please

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cf125 View Post
    hey guys i just did the ultrasnow worked great and now i got my orange sim card in my uk o2 iphnoe, but i need the setting for the 3g connection any1 know this for orange uk please
    Hi,the 3g settings are apn- orangeinternet
    username-orange
    password-password
    Thats for a orange contract im not sure what the settings are for a payg,
    hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Darlington,UK
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    the apn is orange internet, all one word lowercase, no need for password, or username, same for both payg and contract, regards

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dicobhoy View Post
    Hi,the 3g settings are apn- orangeinternet
    username-orange
    password-password
    Thats for a orange contract im not sure what the settings are for a payg,
    hope this helps.
    these work for me BUT I cannot get MMs to work on orange contract!! any ideas?

    sorted it.....hard reset phone by holding power and home button together for 10sec...mms,3g and teathering all working now .... whoohoo
    Last edited by tl1000sy; 2009-07-04 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w

  5. #5
    Default 3G not working now!
    for some strange reason my 3g has stopped working completely also if I switch 3g off I get no edge either!!!

    help
    Let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w

  6. #6
    How did you get tethering to work and when you have 3G connection does the 3G symbol show. I've never yet seen that on my orange iPhone. If I swap my 02 sim in it works no prblem. Very confusing.

  7. #7
    Hi, I don't know about tethering my phone not tried but my 3g does show on orange.

  8. #8
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Darlington,UK
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1000sy View Post
    these work for me BUT I cannot get MMs to work on orange contract!! any ideas?

    sorted it.....hard reset phone by holding power and home button together for 10sec...mms,3g and teathering all working now .... whoohoo
    i must admit unless you know a hack i dont think it is possible until you have an iphone account, i used my o2 contract sim in the iphone , which would not let me use mms till i changed the account to a iphone plan, regards

  9. #9
    got it all working now...3G,MMS and teathering all on Orange UK
    Let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w

  10. #10
    Default unlock to orange
    tl1000sy please can you run through in simple terms how you managed to unlock as I have the same iphone 3g version 3.0 firmware and mac osx and want to use my orange uk sim as well. Tried installing redsn0w but can't find ultrasn0w from cydia. Any help greatly appreciated been trying to unlock for weeks without success.
    Last edited by baileysappho; 2009-07-25 at 09:12 PM.

  11. #11
    Default Partial success
    Managed to jb with redsn0w 7.2 and load ultrasn0w and orange sim now working for two days. Only trouble is that I lost signal and can't seem to get it back! Any ideas from the experts amongst you??? Thanks

  12. #12
    You can re-use redsn0w v0.8 we released a few weeks ago to jailbreak today’s 3.0.1 update. Just let iTunes update or restore you to official 3.0.1 then run redsn0w. The only “trick” is that when redsn0w asks you to identify the IPSW used, point it at the 3.0 IPSW instead of the 3.0.1 one. After the jailbreak, reinstall ultrasn0w 0.9 if you need the unlock.
    Got this from the Dev team website just do this and you will get orange on your iphone i did and its working perfect.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    How did you get tethering to work and when you have 3G connection does the 3G symbol show. I've never yet seen that on my orange iPhone. If I swap my 02 sim in it works no prblem. Very confusing.
    Same for me I have a 3Gs, Jailbroken & unlocked to Orange UK (Contract with data plan)but never had the 3G symbol unless I put an O2 sim in.

    Am I missing something?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitone View Post
    Same for me I have a 3Gs, Jailbroken & unlocked to Orange UK (Contract with data plan)but never had the 3G symbol unless I put an O2 sim in.

    Am I missing something?
    To be honest I'm wondering if this is more down to the SIM. I know with O2 sims part of the id code on the back specifies that the sims is 3G. I'm just wondering if 1. I have a 3G sim but crap 3G signal where I live or 2. My sim isn't a 3G sim.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitone View Post
    Same for me I have a 3Gs, Jailbroken & unlocked to Orange UK (Contract with data plan)but never had the 3G symbol unless I put an O2 sim in.

    Am I missing something?
    Well sorted mine out - sim wasn't 3g!!!!

    Also Orange will not provide one, suggesting I buy a PAYG and transfer old number to it.

    Got round that by digging in my old phone box and found 3g sim I hadn't used or activated - quick call to Customer ervices and 3g up and running

  16. #16
    So when I jailbreak my iPhone 3gs so I can use my orange sim will I lose all programs e.g tom tom and contacts? + can I use iTunes?

  17. #17
    Back everything up prior to JB but everything should work exactly as it was before JB including iTunes.

  18. #18
    Hi guys do you know what the outgoing smtp setting are if your'e on Orange in the UK for the iphone. I am jailbroken on 3.0 using ultrasn0w?

    Thanks.

  19. #19
    Hi, outgoing settings are,smtp.orange.co.uk hope this helps.

  20. #20
    Jailbroken my PAYG o2 iphone 3gs today, so so simple to do...

    Up and running on my 3G orange contract sim. Everything working except MMS, any ideas folks?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •