Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why is tethering not working on O2_UK? (HELP)

iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Why is tethering not working on O2_UK? (HELP)
    Hi People

i am new at this so please go easy,
    i updated to the 3.0 GM firmwire on monday and have MMS working 100% but juts after that tethering option was lost in my settings i am using the 4.0 O2 UK Carrier file, does anybody know why tethering is gone and/or how to get it back? (i am using iTunes 8.2)? i have some settings down below for PAYANDGO o2 users to get mms working (if its not been done already) :-

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME GET TETHERING BACK IN MY SETTINGS AS I AM TRAVELING IN A WEEK THANKS IN ADVANCE. Here is some info:-

Thanks.

Oliver Jones

[email protected]

Talking Solved!!!!
    It's quite complicated but here goes.....

1. Get the O2_UK.ipcc file

2. Uninstall iTunes 8.2 for the moment and install the 8.2 Beta pre-release

3. Hold shift and click update iPhone software and navigate to the .ipcc file

4. Once you restart MMS won't be there but Tethering will

5. Send a text to O2 to 1010 saying 'MMS' (without the apostrophes)

6. Done!

Both Tethering and MMS will now work ...

You can install 8.2 back again now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to windowsdan For This Useful Post:

OLIVERJONES (2009-06-12)

Thanks

Smile Thanks
    Thanks WindowsDan sooooooo much for that i haven't tried it but will when i get back one from work i will leave a reply letting you know how i get on many many thanks.

Oliver

P.S. I am on mac does it matter if i do it there ?? But doesn't matter because i have a windows laptop as well but juts wondered. Thanks Again.
    Last edited by OLIVERJONES; 2009-06-12 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks

Thumbs down Nope.
    Hi
    Surprisingly it did not work i followed all the steps correctly and when it said the itunes library was created by a newer version i just copied it away to a different location then it showed me this it did this on both windows and mac:-

Anyone else got any ideas ????

Hi ya,

Best thing to do for the Mac is to completely delete iTunes which you do by opening Applications and moving it to the trash ... then opening Go and Utilities and Activity Monitor and then ending the process to iTuneshelper .... then going to system preferences and clicking Accounts and then Login Items and deleting iTunes from that .... then opening your usser folder and going to lbrary and deleting the iTunes folder .... then going to Library/Preferences and deleting all com.apple.itunes files ....the same in the ByHost folder too

Once you have done this empty the trash and restart ...

Install this version of iTunes .. http://www.sendspace.com/file/25lpd4

Then use this Carrier file ... http://drop.io/hidden/wok80eo2s2d0cf...ItdWstaXBjYw==

and complete what I explained earlier...

But make sure once you have installed the new itunes you go into the music/iTunes folder in your user folder and delete everything that isn't your applications folder or Album Artwork or iTunes Music .... maybe move it to the desktop so you have a backup.

That should work fine as I have done this now on several iPhones ... hope it all goes well
    Last edited by windowsdan; 2009-06-13 at 01:27 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to windowsdan For This Useful Post:

OLIVERJONES (2009-06-13)

Thanks

Thanks Windows dan i am just trying that now and i will let you know how i get on.

Thanks For your help but it is still saying it cant read the contents of my iphone so i am going to restore it using that version then update do the carrier file thing then update to 8.2 non prerelease then restore from a back up and sync. But thanks for your help.

Well after restoring and updating the carrier file and entering the correct settings as said in my first post for MMS and cellular data network it said "To set up internet tethering contact o2" then i sent the message 1010 and it didn't activate my MMS it said i need to wait to the 17th June but it still works. Then after restart i saw tethering disappear from my settings>General>Network so i am back to the start anyone got any other ideas ???
    Last edited by OLIVERJONES; 2009-06-13 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost