Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help me upgrade my hacked iphone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3!!

Default please help me upgrade my hacked iphone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3!!
    i have a hacked (any gsm carrier) iphone with firmware version 1.0.2 and i want to upgrade!!! the problem is i dont have any idea how to do it without bricking it!! if anyone can point me in the right direction or give me the steps i would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks a bunch!!!

You mean you have an "unlocked" iphone.

Go to www.ziphone.org

Ziphone will unlock any firmware version for you in a matter of minutes. Just upgrade then use that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

squab_on_deck (2008-03-11)

thanks!!!!!! so i just downloaded ziphone so i should upgrade through itunes??? to 1.1.4 and then run the ziphone software?? do i need to restore it first???

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm almost 100% sure you need to restore, then upgrade or you'll brick your phone.

hello guys, i bought an iphone which works only on O2. its version is 1.0.2(1C28). i want to unlock this phone to any network and i also want to install latest firmware and third party software. can anyone help me in this matter?
    Cheers.

just do what teh guy above said.... use iTunes to RESTORE your phone to 1.1.4
    then download ZiPhone and use that to JAILBREAK, ACTIVATE and UNLOCK your phone.

Not that hard people.

BTW, RESTORING will remove all your contacts, music, movies etc, so make sure you have those backed up to your Mac or PC.