Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone carrier choose

Thanks

Default iPhone carrier choose
    So i try to turn on just wifi on airplane mode, but turn airplane mode off. Then a new button pops up under wifi.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1242183568

i click on it and get this...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1242183417

The first on of the AT&T options gives me four bars, the other gives me no service or one bar.

Later (that day) I go back to settings and its gone.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1242183636

Anyone get this before?

UPDATE: Somehow I get it back, but this time I can go and click on T-Mobile. Full Service and was able to make a phone call but I'm on the AT&T simcard and don't have an account with T-Mobile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0124.png   -img_0125.png   -img_0126.png  

So you are talking about AT&T and T-Mobile in a forum called 'Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)'
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So you are talking about AT&T and T-Mobile in a forum called 'Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)'
    I didn't know were to put it because its on both.

Angry Iphone 2G 2.1
    Hello everybody
    i really need help with this i bought an iphone 2g at christmas and still havent been activated
    however it worked when i first set it up and ti was activated then i plugged it into itunes and it said update availabe for (2.2) as i thought it would work if apple have released it i downloaded and updated it it has not worked since tried upgrading to (2.2.1) made no difference now im back to (2.1) nothings happening just says waiting for activation this may take some time and its on firmware 04_05_g.

Pleasee can some one help im desperate

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This usually happens when you are on the fringe of a network or one network is overpowering another. Unfortunately since you are in the U.S. you cannot have this option all of the time. I know some other iPhone countries get this stock with their phones, but when I asked AT&T about this no one knew what I was talking about. I sent some screen shots to a techie and never heard back from them.

I really need this for where I work, but have not found a way to keep it as a default selection.

Since I have upgraded to the second generation phone I have never seen the selection menu again.

Can you help me with my post the one above yours

Can you help me with my post the one above yours
    Last edited by mikem09; 2009-05-20 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2Gs can be unlocked whatever the FW - go to iClarified and follow the tutorials
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikem09 View Post
    Hello everybody
    i really need help with this i bought an iphone 2g at christmas and still havent been activated
    however it worked when i first set it up and ti was activated then i plugged it into itunes and it said update availabe for (2.2) as i thought it would work if apple have released it i downloaded and updated it it has not worked since tried upgrading to (2.2.1) made no difference now im back to (2.1) nothings happening just says waiting for activation this may take some time and its on firmware 04_05_g.

Pleasee can some one help im desperate
    Here is a direct link It's a tree menu that will give you everything you need. No worries, no panic, easy............O.o