Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: International 3G Coverage

Default International 3G Coverage
    Hey, I have a unlocked iPhone 3G, I am going to Poland for a week and then Israel the following week. I was thinking is it possible to get a prepaid SIM card with the Poland and Israel providers, or just a International prepaid SIm card, and put it into my unlocked iphone? If I do, and get a 30$ of talk time with prepaid SIM card, can I then go to my edge/3G settings and type in the APN settings and connect to their internet without a plan? (Ive seen lists of APN username and password settings for both israel and poland) I was thinking to get something like this...
    Go-Sim - Prepaid No-Contract International SIM Card - GS1252 SIM
    or do I need to buy the prepaid from Orange, the company in Israel and make a data plan with them? Leaving in 3 days so don't have the luxury to get anything shipped. Thnx

You have to have a data plan to have data.

I understand that, I was curious if there was a way to setup my prepaid SIM card with their data plans in both those countries using the APN codes. Or do I have to call up the carriers and ask to add it to my SIM because their websites just show minutes and SMS charges.