Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3 network on iphone 3g

Default 3 network on iphone 3g
    My friend is looking to buy a pay-as-you-go iphone 3g but has a contract with "3", will the "3" sim work in the iphone 3g if it is unlocked and jailbroken, any response would be much appreciated.

Never heard about that carrier but if it uses GSM network it should work without problems. Unlocking will enable the iphone to use the network of your choice. Why don't you just call your carrier and ask them?
    Beware, the iphones with 2.2.1 and new modem firmware (AKA baseband) can be unlocked only with a sim card like this one Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1 If you get an 2.1 iphone you could unlock it with software (yellowsnow).
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"

Default Jailbroken unlocked iPhone 3g works great on 3 in Europe.
    I am visiting Italy and I Jailbroke my iPhone 3g v2.2 and unlocked it with yellowsnow, it works GREAT on the 3-Network, not only that but I only Pay like 3 Euros per week for 100meg of data per day, incoming calls are free and so are incoming texts, on the other side I think it costs me like .20 euros (cents) per minute for outbound calls, but the network is really fast. I wish 3 exsisted in the USA for my return.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

I use a 3 sim on my 3G Iphone unlocked and pwned version 2.2 works great
    My signiture? Whats that...............