Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help with Rogers APN Settings!!

Default Please Help with Rogers APN Settings!!
    I just screwed up my APN settings in the iPhone 3.0 OS. I changed the settings to media.com to try and get my mms working but then I changed it back to the original settings and they seem too not work. Here are my current settings. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

apn: rogers-core-appl1.apn

Username: Blank

Password: blank

Thanks

internet.com
    wapuser1
    wap

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

Couldn't you just reset network settings?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imagine engine View Post
    internet.com
    wapuser1
    wap
    Those settings are for non-rogers devices.

@luc_luxton: PM me with your email, I'll send you my .ipcc with both Tethering and MMS working.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

Hyperextension (2009-04-03)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

internet.com
    wapuser1
    wap
    If he changes to that, won't it affect his regular iPhone internet data?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luc_luxton View Post
    I just screwed up my APN settings in the iPhone 3.0 OS. I changed the settings to media.com to try and get my mms working but then I changed it back to the original settings and they seem too not work. Here are my current settings. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

apn: rogers-core-appl1.apn

Username: Blank

Password: blank
    Actually I confirmed the internet settings I first gave you will work but may cause issue with not being able to connect to a third party carrier network when roaming outside Canada with the iPhone. The correct APN iPhone 3G settings provided by Rogers is:

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
    User: *blank* (don't enter anything for this field)
    Pass: *blank* (don't enter anything for this field)

Then restart your iPhone 3G and test the data connection by turning off WIFI if enabled and open a website page via Safari. Also to clarify for an iPhone user to use firmware 3.0 the user must be a registered iPhone developer for iTunes to properly activate 3.0. The QuickPwn/PwnageTool team that released the jailbreak doesn't provide activation for 3.0. Due to it's only a Beta 2 release it would be better to wait till Apple officially releases a final version before using this buggy firmware.
    Last edited by imagine engine; 2009-04-07 at 04:08 AM.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

Also to clarify for an iPhone user to use firmware 3.0 the user must be a registered iPhone developer for iTunes to properly activate 3.0. The QuickPwn/PwnageTool team that released the jailbreak doesn't provide activation for 3.0. Due to it's only a Beta 2 release it would be better to wait till Apple officially releases a final version before using this buggy firmware.
    It would be better to wait for the Dev Team to release pwn tools rather than trust some dodgy Russian hacker with a Hex editor!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

can i please get help on unlocking my iphone 3g using firmware 2.2.1 and modem is 02.30.03 please. i have tried everything using the winpwn and the quickpwn and none of them seems to work for me.

You can't without a piggyback SIM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

maddee33 (2009-05-08)