Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After unlocking 1.1.4 Carrier name changed

Default After unlocking 1.1.4 Carrier name changed
    Did the all at once unlock by Ziphone, and all is good bu the carrier name says CAN Rogers Wireless Ltd, and of course when it settles, all that shows is CAN. How can I change it to say Rogers or just Rogers Wireless?
    Anyone know how?

download "make it mine" from installer and it will let you change the carrier name to whatever you want

Question Any other way?
    Thanks, i had been looking at that program, and I will try it but I was hoping to change it in the phone itself. Obviously its not the network sending that name, so it must be something in the unlock software I used. Somewhere in a database, someone put CAN Rogers Wireless Inc. so that when it unlocked it gets the correct parameters. The CAN obviously refers to CANADA, and the rest is the offical carrier name. I would like to go in with a Hex editor or something and change the listing in that database to just say Rogers. Maybe its not that simple and Im way off base here. That's why I was hoping someone who understood the unlock software could indicate how to modify it.

Thanks

It should show CAN Rogers Wireless and only change to example USA AT&T when roaming on another GSM carrier network. This is a feature of the new firmware for those traveling or residing close to another country boarder such as those living in Windsor, ON or such as Victoria, BC customers that sometimes pick up the USA tower signal bouncing across the water. If you're one of these customers you can call Rogers Customer Care to add an international roaming block on your line and remove it when traveling.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

That might be out of your control. I think it might be your SIM card.
    My SIM card says "ROGERS" as my carrier in all capital letters.

A friend of mine with also with iPhone, with his Rogers sim card, it says "Rogers Wireless", just like how i written it.

Try your SIM card in another GSM phone and see what it says then.