Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ADVICE: Need European SIM card for travel

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default ADVICE: Need European SIM card for travel
    I will be travelling to Germany and France at the end of March to early April.

I will be in and around Dusseldorf and then in and around France for 3 weeks.

I was wondering if anyone knew of good deals on prepaid SIM cards that I could use while I was there. Either something for each country or something I can use throughout the EU.

Obviously want something low priced, but not sure who offers the best rates.

Also would it be best to order them online before I leave, or just pick them up at the airport when I am in Europe?

If anyone has info that would be great.

Hi Hyperextension!
    I realize that it’s already July and you needed the advice for March, but better late than never! I’m once a month in Europe for a short period of time (usually it is France and Italy) and I always take my CallinEurope sim card with me! I ordered it once before I left (it’s better to have it beforehand) and is still available(for one year). I think it’ll meet your needs-it’s cheap and with very competitive rates.
    Last edited by Travel_addicted; 2008-08-11 at 09:02 AM.

Thanks

I remember seeing sim cards for sale in the münchen airport and at some train stations.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

With Rogers and Fido, you can have them turn international roaming on. We had this in France and Spain and all calls within those countries were local...and it would be long distance to call Canada. You can call them for details. If you are not constantly calling people, then this is an easy way to do it. We used our phones to keep in touch between two cars. Check both options out and see which suits you better.