Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rogers Data Plans?

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Rogers Data Plans?
    Okay I spent a few months on the $10/10mb plan and found it just isn't enough data and is still costly.

I just signed up for the new $20 Unlimited Data plan before realizing it's only tied to specific rogers phones...so I'm going to have a nasty bill because I already used 10mb.

Does anyone know the best deal for data on rogers?

Thanks

Watch out for the $20 unlimited plan, and keep in mind its unlimited Navigate, not Data. This means email checking and web browsing. It does not cover watching youtube videos, downloading from installer.app, tethering your iphone, and anything similar. You will be charged data usage, and Rogers can tell the difference.

The best option may sound a bit pricey, but the alternative is much worse. There is a $65 plan for 1GB of data, that means anything you do on your iPhone. To give you perspective, I once had the 5MB plan, and actually used 12MB, that's a measly 7MB over. It raised my bill by $358 bucks.

There is also a $60 30MB plan, but for $5 more bucks, my not go all out.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

doogee (2008-02-06)

Thanks

Sooo...my bill is going to go up $512 :s

Do you think there is anything i can do about that? They didn't ask anything about having the specific phone or limitations...I don't want to owe them that much money. Especially when I just had a 10mb plan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doogee View Post
    Sooo...my bill is going to go up $512 :s

Do you think there is anything i can do about that? They didn't ask anything about having the specific phone or limitations...I don't want to owe them that much money. Especially when I just had a 10mb plan.
    Tell em you weren't told about the distinction. If its a first time notice, they'll wipe the charge (or should if following policy)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

doogee (2008-02-06)

Thanks

thanks a lot for the encouragement I'll give them a call today.

Made sure i thanked you!

yeah i have the $65 for 1GB plan and it is the best deal rogers has right now....i only use about 20MB a month on edge and the rest is wifi because there is wifi everywhere in halifax so i looked into a cheaper option and the only other choice they gave me was $85 for 500MB...doesnt make any sense eh??? whatever i can live with $65, it always beats the alternative of possibly going over your limit :s

Thanks

Ok so I ended up being signed up with a $7 Unlimited WAP Browsing plan.

I made sure the Rogers rep told me that no matter what, I was safe from any charges and he even knew I was on an unlocked iPhone and said I had nothing to worry about and that as long as that service was on the plan, any internet usage will be wiped off.

Any thoughts?

Ok so I ended up being signed up with a $7 Unlimited WAP Browsing plan.

I made sure the Rogers rep told me that no matter what, I was safe from any charges and he even knew I was on an unlocked iPhone and said I had nothing to worry about and that as long as that service was on the plan, any internet usage will be wiped off.

Any thoughts?
    Uh, I thought it was confirmed that this $7 unlimited plan did NOT work with iPhone or other smartphones... careful dude, you might have gotten punked.

Thanks

Ya I'm a little scared, but they insured that it will work no matter what phone I have, unlocked or anything. So if I end up being charged the regular 5cents/KB, they'll have to void it.

Thanks

Ya I'm a little scared, but they insured that it will work no matter what phone I have, unlocked or anything. So if I end up being charged the regular 5cents/KB, they'll have to void it.
    I'll let the legal text on Rogers.com explain:

Important: This plan includes unlimited on-device mobile browsing only. Plan is available on select phones only (PDAs such as Blackberry or Windows Mobile devices, PC cards and non-Rogers certified devices are not eligible). Data usage incurred on ineligible devices, incurred while tethering (using device as wireless modem for laptop) or incurred using non-Rogers (3rd party) applications downloaded to your device will be subject to pay-per-use charges of 5 cents/KB.

So, in short. Unless you're accessing a Rogers website, you'll be charged data. If you download from installer, use Maps, Weather, Stocks, or any non-Rogers website, you'll be charged data.

I'm looking out for your best interests man. Switch to the 1GB plan, or don't use the net.

EDIT: Check it

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...e_mobile#start

And give me the name of the Rep who gave you that crap answer. Their *** is grass.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-02-07 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks

I sent Rogers an email this morning to verify even further before I start using it. I don't recall the name of the rep but I think 80% of them don't know what they're talking about. I wish I could get a good one on the line sometime.

Yes...their customer service knows little, unless you're lucky and find a good one. But don't worry, their computers will never miss a chance to bill you! They're pretty smart.
    I would not count on getting a refund once you've been billed, or at least, don't expect a simple process.
    I've already investigated the $7 plan and it's not for us, and you're hanging on to a pie in the sky.
    The 1 gb plan is the way to go with the iPhone.
    If you have lots of time to spare, go ahead, and you'll probably be able to reverse the charges for your first bill and save some money by starting your 1gb plan a month later. for me it wouldn't be worth the headache.
    on the positive side, the 1 gb plan is not THAT bad, and is at least a viable choice. nothing of course like what our neighbours to our south have.
    and if you think Rogers call centers are disorganized and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, try calling Bell, they make Rogers look almost competent.
    thought i'd add a little rant.

Thanks

Well im putting some thought into this $65 for 1GB thing.

Problem is my voice plan is $47, I have a $10 txt plan and $11 value pack for voicemail and such.

Its so hard to completely enjoy the iPhone without unlimited or a lot of data but I don't think I can afford a $150 cell phone bill at only 19 years old.

I just got my phone bill and Rogers did NOT charge me for using EDGE.

I'm running the $20 Communication Value Pack w/ 5MB Mobile Internet and only used 200 KB--but since I was using Safari/Google Maps most of the time, I figured the 5MB was not allowed on iPhone and that I was going to be charged 5cents per KB.

So, what I want to know is, if THEY change my plan to the unlimited one, what do you think will happen?

Well im putting some thought into this $65 for 1GB thing.

Problem is my voice plan is $47, I have a $10 txt plan and $11 value pack for voicemail and such.

Its so hard to completely enjoy the iPhone without unlimited or a lot of data but I don't think I can afford a $150 cell phone bill at only 19 years old.
    i am in the same boat as you....19 years old, love my iphone and i want to take full advantage of it but its soo damn expensive, i pay $65 for data $35 for voice plus another $20 for call display txt and voice mail...it really sucks to have such a great phone and be so poor like me, but hey gotta bite the bullet i guess

Default Best Data Plan for iPhone
    I talked to Rogers last week and told them I had an iPhone. They said they have an "iPhone plan", and said it was 80 dollars for 500 mb. You'd be hard pressed to exceed that if you are using your iPhone on the go.

If you want to avoid bills in the hundreds, go with that and just monitor your usage. They told me it works with the iphone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjsummer View Post
    I talked to Rogers last week and told them I had an iPhone. They said they have an "iPhone plan", and said it was 80 dollars for 500 mb. You'd be hard pressed to exceed that if you are using your iPhone on the go.

If you want to avoid bills in the hundreds, go with that and just monitor your usage. They told me it works with the iphone.
    Another clear example of talking to an idiot. Rogers doesn't have an iPhone plan, because Rogers doesn't carry or support the iPhone.

Thanks

Wow this is such a shame, they don't know much do they. I think I better call and ask for a DATA rep. I need to find something that will work for me but it seems the only reasonable thing is 1gb for $65. Might just have to sign another 3 year term and downgrade my voice plan.

Must be nice in the states having a $60 plan for almost unlimited everything. So unfair

$7 unlimited plan!!!

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...ndevice_mobile

but... "on-Rogers certified devices are not eligible"

Quote Originally Posted by velkr0 View Post
    $7 unlimited plan!!!

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...ndevice_mobile

but... "on-Rogers certified devices are not eligible"
    lol this is old news man, where have you been? haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast