Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrade in canada

Default upgrade in canada
    so im in canada on rogers using a 1.1.1 OTB, now upgraded unlocked and jailbroken 1.1.2....i used anysim 1.1.2 and all is well with my iphone now. The question is can i safely upgrade to 1.1.3 and maintain the unlock and will it still accept the rogers sim card and what not?

thanks in advance

tangle

i started with 1.0.2, went ro 1.1.1, and 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 all good , I am in London on rogers aswell.

1.1.2 if you were jailbreaked and anysim'd, then once you upgrade to 1.1.3 you ROGERS Sim card WILL WORK. it keep the anysim unlock all good

let me know if you need any help

awesome, thanks for the info...i took the dive and upgraded, it took 2 hours and froze but after a reboot of the phone it worked! However, i cant use my custom ringtones, google locate, and installer crashes most of the time....any suggestions?

check the jail break thread for whichever method you used.

If you used the installer method, and did not have the newest installer, you'll be SOL for a while. Locate me has a couple of fixes available too.

good luck

pry

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey tangle i am in the exact situation as you (otb 1.1.1--->unlocked 1.1.2) and i upgraded to 1.1.3 with my Rogers Sim, but everything is working fine. Are you or windows or mac?

mac, but that shouldnt really matter i dont think because i just used the softupdate from the DevTeam in installer.app

mac, but that shouldnt really matter i dont think because i just used the softupdate from the DevTeam in installer.app

Quote Originally Posted by tangle View Post
    awesome, thanks for the info...i took the dive and upgraded, it took 2 hours and froze but after a reboot of the phone it worked! However, i cant use my custom ringtones, google locate, and installer crashes most of the time....any suggestions?
    installed locate me = google locate works, until reboot.
    ringtones still work.
    installer works.

I haev done a few of these adn teh best way , was to restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak 1.1.1, okoprep, upgrade to 1.1.2, jailbreak, use dev team manual install SUPER EASY more successful than installer version.
    I am on a mac aswell and this method worked great set it and forget it, came back all ready in 1.1.3!!!

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/OsX113devjailbreak

and MiM works so i can change my carrier logo again, but contact syncing was not working until i ran the "syncfix.sh" from terminal thanks to the DEV Team

thanks for the input, but restoring is my last resort right now...i got my ringtones to work and google locate to work, the only thing now is installer to stop crashing...i am looking into using bosstool v.35 to fix this problem as i realized that i simply ran out of room in my applications directory...i have read some bad things and good things about this tool...any suggestions about it? does it affect future firmware updates? or should i not bother and simply restore as stated above?

again, thanks a lot for all the input, always a huge help

tangle

****never mind any of that, i was just using my phone to send an sms and in the middle of typing it froze, rebooted twice and then went straight into recovery mod, wtf. soooo, it looks like i am taking your suggestion after all BTW i didnt use boss tool so that couldnt have caused it, im kinda pissed though***
    Last edited by tangle; 2008-01-30 at 12:15 AM.

You're on a mac. You can use Garageband to make ringtones. Easiest way to do it