Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwned Iphone on Orange...Internet connection?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Pwned Iphone on Orange...Internet connection?!
    Hi,

I have an original 8gb O2 UK Iphone....

Upgraded to 2.0 and Pwned........With Orange Sim....

It works great....no problems..

My questions is... I can connect to any WiFi internet such as home and work etc as long as I have the encryption key as you would expect to with any computer etc. If I am out of WiFi signal range I still want to be able to connect to the net as you would be able to if still with O2 etc...

I have not adjusted any settings on the phone since its pwnage.

Can anyone help me please??

Plus I would like to know if this is possible will I be charged by Orange for the data AND today I was in Birmingham, there is a city wide WiFi signal called 'birminghamfiz', free to connect. I did and it showed up as a wifi signal. iphone would connect but allow me no data at all...phone or signal issue?

Many Thanks, k

I have now done much more researh and it is clear that I do not have an option for EDGE in the newly pwned Iphone. There doesnt seem to be a definative answer for the 2.0 Iphone on how to make EDGE reappear in the general network settings of the phone?
    Last edited by kristo; 2008-08-05 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you have edge activated
    go to apple site and
    download iphone configuration utility
    create a new profile
    add o2 settings
    email them to ur phone
    open the file
    install the profile.
    Simple
    Last edited by ywnmmsb; 2008-08-07 at 03:22 PM. Reason: format

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great!!! but before I do this how do I know if I have 'EDGE' activated? My Orange contract allows me 'unlimited' evening and weekend internet? The phone shows nothing for edge at all in any of its settings folders.
    I spoke to orange today and told them that I have a 'sim free' iphone and explained the problem, the advisor said that the only way to do it would be to contact Apple (or 02 I guess) and ask them to text the Edge settings to the phone. they would have done it but obviously their systems do not have the software for Iphone until it is released on them in a few months....

oh I should add that the phone had all the correct settings before it was pwned. Everything else is fine

PLUS and a BIG PLUS..........................Will this Brick or reset the pwned Iphone?
    Last edited by kristo; 2008-08-07 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Call orange and check if they have it activated, dont tell them about iphone
    get those settings and enter them in the config utility.This utility doesnt brick or reset pwned iphone. If you have a jailbroken iphone there are better ways to key in the settings, do a search on this forum for updating carrier list.
    The above method is only option for jailed iphones.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ywnmmsb For This Useful Post:

kristo (2008-08-07)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ah, mine is pwned, jailbroke, unlock, even microwaves my food!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

u can use it on all phones locked unlocked jailed unjailed.

Hi,
    I've got an issue with my iphone on orange but it's not with EDGE its with wi-fi.
    I can get it to connect to wi-fi networks that don't have a password no problem, but my home wi-fi has a password and I can't access it.
    I'm sure I've already put the password in, but could anybody help a novice out with where everything goes exactly?

Cheers