Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: question about edge service

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default question about edge service
    Iv just ordered the edge bolt on/ package with o2 and after I recieved a SMS saying it will be active within 48 hrs. Sweet can't wait, but my question is when it gets activated does o2 automaticly send the settings needed to the phone, as I don't see anywhere for me too put the settings myself..

Thanks

my guess is you are using 1.1.2 so the settings options should be preset to o2 if you bought the iphone in the UK recently

If not give some details on version and which country, also search MMi for a solution to change default setting in 1.1.2 if they dont work I read it sometime back
    Last edited by ericidle; 2008-01-09 at 08:20 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

sorry should have given more details, but yes its a uk iPhone with 1.1.2 using a o2 payg sim.. So everything is preset ??

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    sorry should have given more details, but yes its a uk iPhone with 1.1.2 using a o2 payg sim.. So everything is preset ??
    I dont have 1.1.2 myself but a mate has an o2 shop bought and activated one and his settings were preset and hidden in that they did not display as they do in 1.1.1, one thing I notice is he cannot use grps where I can which suggests his iphone is looking for true edge which is a rare thing outside major cities

there is a guide to enabling the settings and changing them in 1.1.2 jailbroken iphones you will need to find the payg settings elswhere on this site. I'm on o2 contract using:
    APN mobile.o2.co.uk
    faster
    web

I'm no expert here just offering a little advice based on my own experience
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked