Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edge/GPRS Differences in 2.0 firmware?

Default Edge/GPRS Differences in 2.0 firmware?
    Hi, I have an original iPhone and have upgraded to version 2.0 firmware.

The whole jailbreak, unlock etc has gone very smoothly, but now i notice that instead of having an Edge/GPRS area under Settings>General>Network, there's now just a 'Data Roaming' toggle button. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to configure APN details. As such, my internet seems to be failing when on GPRS.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm on Optus in Australia...

You fire up itunes , it will asking you to update your carrier.
    just click download and update .

Again going to setting > general > (new Columm will appear) Cellular Data Network
    and just setup just like before

Quote Originally Posted by uniphone View Post
    You fire up itunes , it will asking you to update your carrier.
    just click download and update .

Again going to setting > general > (new Columm will appear) Cellular Data Network
    and just setup just like before

Thanks for the update. Tried your suggestion - it updated the carrier but no change to my iphone? still cannot access EDGE

Do I need to restore again?

try looking under Settings -> General -> Network...
    there i have Cellular Data Network where i can input my apn and stuff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giskard View Post
    Hi, I have an original iPhone and have upgraded to version 2.0 firmware.

The whole jailbreak, unlock etc has gone very smoothly, but now i notice that instead of having an Edge/GPRS area under Settings>General>Network, there's now just a 'Data Roaming' toggle button. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to configure APN details. As such, my internet seems to be failing when on GPRS.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm on Optus in Australia...

Hi mate, SSH into your phone files navigate to:

private>var>mobile>library>Carrier Bundels in there you will see Optus bundels, delete file 50502. restart you phone and all should be aok again, worked a charm for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nickh For This Useful Post:

I <3 My Iphone (2008-10-17)

Hi,

I had the same prob., 1st Gen upgraded to firmware 2.0 and no Edge settings found in General > Network etc etc. If you have Cydia installed check out the Tweaks category, there you will find a fix for Optus/Vodafone carriers to install the Edge functions! Good luck

Thumbs up Vodafone AU works for Vodafone IN
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star View Post
    Hi,

I had the same prob., 1st Gen upgraded to firmware 2.0 and no Edge settings found in General > Network etc etc. If you have Cydia installed check out the Tweaks category, there you will find a fix for Optus/Vodafone carriers to install the Edge functions! Good luck
    Hi,

I upgraded my 2G iphone to 2.0.2 yesterday and noticed that the Edge setting wasn't there in its earlier place. I tried my hand with using the Vodafone Australia fix and luckily it worked .

So any other ppl in India who may be stuck with the same problem can give it a try as well.

Cheers,

Nishit

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Hi mate, SSH into your phone files navigate to:

private>var>mobile>library>Carrier Bundels in there you will see Optus bundels, delete file 50502. restart you phone and all should be aok again, worked a charm for me.
    Sorry for the BUMP but just wanted to say THANKS as i was having the same problem and this worked awesome! I'm also a aussie lol