Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Help!!!!!!!!!!!
    i bought a new iphone and am not sure wht version it is..can i find out b4 opening the box..
    and can i downgrade it and use it as 1.1.1 if it is 1.1.2?
    plz reply asap....

Thanks

If you just bought it from a Store, it very likely a 1.1.2 which means you won't be able to unlock it. But you will be able to jailbreak it using the OKtoPrep method.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

first of all am very new at this...
    i dnt no wht oktoprep is... and i am not using at&t or t-mobile, so i need alot of help plzzzzz as soon as possible!!!!!!!!! and the serial no. for my iphone is 847506***** does anybody no wht version this is?

Thanks

It's a week 50 phone, which means it has the new 1.1.2 bootloader. You can't unlock it. You'd need to get a TurboSIM or the like if you want to use it as a phone.

There are several guides (in the Guide section) which give you step by step instructions on how to jailbreak your phone (make it writable) by downgrading it to version 1.1.1, installing a script called OKtoPrep and then updating back to 1.1.2

This will only jailbreak your phone however, there is nothing currently available which will unlock it for use with other carriers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

daredevil9691 (2008-01-03)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    It's a week 50 phone, which means it has the new 1.1.2 bootloader. You can't unlock it. You'd need to get a TurboSIM or the like if you want to use it as a phone.

There are several guides (in the Guide section) which give you step by step instructions on how to jailbreak your phone (make it writable) by downgrading it to version 1.1.1, installing a script called OKtoPrep and then updating back to 1.1.2

This will only jailbreak your phone however, there is nothing currently available which will unlock it for use with other carriers.
    is it possible for me to just downgrade it to 1.1.1 and use it as a phone while it is still 1.1.1?... i dnt want to ugrade it to 1.1.2

Thanks

tap emergency call and type *3001#12345#*
    you'll be able to find any info you need. If its 1.1.2, you cannot use it as a phone, even if you downgrade.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil9691 View Post
    is it possible for me to just downgrade it to 1.1.1 and use it as a phone while it is still 1.1.1?... i dnt want to ugrade it to 1.1.2
    No. Guess I need to clarify, no matter what you do or what firmware version you downgrade to, you cannot unlock an out-of-the-box 1.1.2 phone.

ok am dead.... thnks anyways... so my only chance to use it as a phone is to get a turbosim?

Thanks

Yeah, but it's not a true unlock and they're rather pricey. I would put away the phone for a few weeks and keep your fingers crossed for a new unlock.

SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME?
    Sorry about my terrible english, I am a brazilian.
    Hi. I did the accidentaly upgrade in my iphone 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. I follow every steps to downgrade in this site. After this my iphone is very slow and stopping. I tryied to restore and upgrade agian to downgrade again, but the itunes shows me this message:
    "an unknown error occured (-50).

Help me please