Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: best fido iphone data package?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default best fido iphone data package?
    share your iphone 3G fido plans..im looking to change mine and not sure which plan i would get with what value pack
    Last edited by sukar; 2008-07-15 at 08:00 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

To me it doesn't make sense to get anything except the $30 / 6GB plan. Sure, it's a 3 year commitment, but you have to sign a 3 year commitment to get the iPhone anyway. It will cost you a maximum of $100 to cancel the data plan early if you decide to. In comparison, if you sign up for the flex rate, it will cost you a minimum of $50 / month. So after 6 months, you have paid more for your flex rate plan with only 500 mb then you would have to just get the $30 / 6 GB and cancel it.

The value pack you want is the $15 pack that includes visual voice mail. If you want visual voice mail, and don't want to sign up with one of their *cough* "high value plans" then you have to get this value pack. It includes visual voice mail, 2500 text, call display + name display and who called.

And the voice plan... well, just pick whichever one works best for you!
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

Hi! I have an unlocked iphone 3G. I tryed to activate my iphone at a Fido store without having the phone on my hand... They said that it is possible to add, (without a global contract) the 30$/6Gb, but not the visual voicemail package! After that, the customer service say that i can add this package(VVM) but i have to give my IMEI's number. 2 questions... 1)Where can i find my IMEI number on the phone? 2) By giving this IMEI, do they will detect that it is a AT&T phone..? (Because it is... :S)

Hope to have an answer to my questions..

Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by tazzz436 View Post
    Hi! I have an unlocked iphone 3G. I tryed to activate my iphone at a Fido store without having the phone on my hand... They said that it is possible to add, (without a global contract) the 30$/6Gb, but not the visual voicemail package! After that, the customer service say that i can add this package(VVM) but i have to give my IMEI's number. 2 questions... 1)Where can i find my IMEI number on the phone? 2) By giving this IMEI, do they will detect that it is a AT&T phone..? (Because it is... :S)

Hope to have an answer to my questions..

Thank's
    To find your IMEI number go to Settings > General > About

No, they can't tell that it's an AT&T phone. I also have a 2G iPhone and they didn't mention anything.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ASar08 View Post
    To me it doesn't make sense to get anything except the $30 / 6GB plan. Sure, it's a 3 year commitment, but you have to sign a 3 year commitment to get the iPhone anyway. It will cost you a maximum of $100 to cancel the data plan early if you decide to. In comparison, if you sign up for the flex rate, it will cost you a minimum of $50 / month. So after 6 months, you have paid more for your flex rate plan with only 500 mb then you would have to just get the $30 / 6 GB and cancel it.

The value pack you want is the $15 pack that includes visual voice mail. If you want visual voice mail, and don't want to sign up with one of their *cough* "high value plans" then you have to get this value pack. It includes visual voice mail, 2500 text, call display + name display and who called.

And the voice plan... well, just pick whichever one works best for you!
    dam you guys are lucky in Australia i pay 30 bucks a month for 200MB
    some of the cariers charge 5 bucks for 5 meg and the bigest data plan is 3gb and costs 130 bucks a month
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs