Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rogers iphone-Not eligable for upgrade

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Rogers iphone-Not eligable for upgrade
    Ive been with rogers for a year and a bit now, but im not eligable for the upgrade to the iphone at advertised price, the lady told me if i want it, i would have to pay $366 with tax. Is there any other way off getting it withought paying 100$ extra?

I paid $449 - $50 mailin rebate... but after yelling at them on the phone for my 3 hour wait AT THE SERVICE COUNTER (because of how the servers crashed) they knocked it down to $299 for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ah well, what can i do.

i might as well pay the 366,
    Can anyone help me find the cheapest plan i can get with the phone including the 6GB 30$ thing? i have a 30$ 150+50minutes unlimited weekends+evening plan now i would have to give that up right?

if this can help, here's my story : i ordered mine by internet last friday, on Fido.ca, not knowing that i wasn't eligible. During the weekend i realised while reading a little bit more that i wasn"t, in fact, eligible (one more month to go until the pre-14 month for a 3 year contract). So this morning i called Fido CSR, who confirmed to me that i was'nt eligible, and that my order wasn't going to be processed. I asked if i needed to cancel my order and CSR told me it wasn't necessary. This evening, to my surprise, my phone reception signal went dead, so i called again Fido, and after 45 minutes of waiting on the phone, CSR told me my new iPhone 3G was on its way, hence my unusable SIM card on current phone. I then made sure they would'nt charge me an early cancellation fee because i felt like they did a mistake, as I tried to cancel the order on the same morning, and was told it wasn't necessary....so now i"m just waiting impatiently, with CSR's name and extension number in case anything goes wrong...worse comes to worse i'll send the precious back to where it came from and i'll wait for my eligibility date.
    As for the cheapest plan, i'm still thinking about it...on the internet, they would only propose one of the 4 iphone value packs + additional options. So i just hope they will let me change my mind. I still have to calculate a little bit.

Green Apple
    Thanks

currently iam in the same position as you and leopod
    i have a 3 year agreement with fido and i cant buy the iphone through fido
    however i called today and explained them my situation, since i can only renew my contract in nov ( 14 months before the contract expires). The guy told me not to worry since they are tons of ppl in our situation. He said fido will be announcing something on july 24 for us so we can get an iphone through fido.
    So just be patient and call rogers/fido on the 24th

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Good to know I got the current iPhone but I want that 30$ 6 gig plan but I still have a year left on my contract I just want to be able to use Visual voicemail and want the 3g iphone since its pretty cheap and its faster internet.

I'm using the:
    $25 MY5
    $15 Smartphone Wireless Essentials
    $30 6GB data plan
    -----
    $70 + 6.95(SAF)+0.50(911)+Taxes

Green Apple,

You can keep your $30, 150 minute + 50 w/e plan and..
    - add the $15 Visual voicemail plan which also includes call display and 2,500 SMS
    - add the $30 6GB data plan

That's all you should need.
    Note: that the $30 data plan includes a separate 3-year commitment. That means that you can't change or drop the plan for 3 years or you'll have to pay $25-$100 in fees depending on where you are in the comittment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moeshou View Post
    Ive been with rogers for a year and a bit now, but im not eligable for the upgrade to the iphone at advertised price, the lady told me if i want it, i would have to pay $366 with tax. Is there any other way off getting it withought paying 100$ extra?
    This isn't iPhone specific. Hardware upgrades through Rogers are based on a bunch of criteria, eligibility, tenure, revenue... and keep in mind the advertised price is for new activations only.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    so if i buy the iPhone, it extends my plan for 3 years, then when i get the 30$ plan it extends it for another 3 years?

no you'll have your voice plan for 3 years and data plan for 3 years... they are separate from each other.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    soo i got it, just now they added the 30$ 6GB data plan to my account, and i didn't even have a voice plan, i guess they messed up, there was a mistake made by rogers, it went around that there was suppose to be a 50$ rebate for the iphone that never actually existed, kinda sucks for me cause i went yesterday and they where sold out and they told me 275$, then i went today, and they realized the mistake so it went back up to 325$,
    i felt kinda bad for this kid, maybe 10years old was about to buy the iPhone, had his dads credit card ready lol, then the guy told him it was going to be 700$ with tax cause his dads cooperate account wasn't eligible for upgrades, the kid was kinda sad..

what does a 10-year old kid need with an iPhone?