Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iphone doesn't work with O2?

Default Unlocked iphone doesn't work with O2?
    hi guys, i tried asking in the other forum but no getting much headway. (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...t-another.html)

just hoping to see if any of you guys have similar situation.

i've a 1.1.2 OTB 8 GB (AT&T) iphone that's upgraded and unlocked with various pieces of software (ziphone, iliberty and winpwn) to 1.1.4

it works with a SIM card from a Singapore carrier (Starhub) but when I insert an O2 Pay-as-You-Go (basically a prepaid SIM card), it says No SIM card installed no matter what I do. I tried all those unlocking software and it's jailbroken but just won't recognize the SIM card.

If I re-insert the Singapore SIM card, it recognizes and works. Also, if I put the O2 SIM card to a Nokia phone, it works too. Just won't work when I insert the O2 SIM card into the iphone. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Default Me too
    My prepay O2 sim didnt work in the iphone 1 my dad gave to me so i did all the unlocking and it still didnt see it - said NO SIM. I tried my sim in my dads Iphone 2 and it did see it. I then noticed that the shape of the chip on my sim and the shape of the chip on my dads sim was different, mine was kind of oval, his was square; maybe this is somethin to do with it ? Did you get yours sorted yet ?

I too tried, but not working, i unlocked with Yellowsn0w 0.9.5 but its not working, can any one sorted it, help me TIA

i upgraded my iphone to 2.1 from 1.1.4 3 months ago.I was reminded that when restoring from backup in itunes after unlock that you dont let itunes activate your iphone, as soon as restore is done from back up you exit itunes at the point where itunes says something like" leave iphone attached it will restart in 10 seconds".Dont let itunes restart iphone.Now any sim can be used.
    Last edited by soooyq; 2009-01-19 at 10:29 AM.

My 3G iphone :
    the scren bacome white,I can not reboot it.if some one know help please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigru View Post
    My 3G iphone :
    the scren bacome white,I can not reboot it.if some one know help please.
    Just restore from iTunes.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

have a question. will my unlocked iphone 2nd generation iphone running version 2.2 worked with a boost mobile sim card? and why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Killz View Post
    have a question. will my unlocked iphone 2nd generation iphone running version 2.2 worked with a boost mobile sim card? and why or why not?
    No.

Boost mobile is not GSM. They operate on the Nextel Network which is IDEN.

Or so I believe.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Mine works fine, but I bougt my legally.

Quote Originally Posted by HDshot View Post
    Mine works fine, but I bougt my legally.
    Yours works fine with which carrier in which country?

I bought mine legally off eBay and it works fine ion T-Mobile in the UK.