Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone and Vodafone Italy

Default iPhone and Vodafone Italy
    Hey folks... just wanted to pass along some info for the Italy iPhone users out there.

I live in Napoli, and was just up in Firenze doing some vacationing and all of a sudden my iPhone buzzed and dropped the BING! you have mail sound. I was not in any WiFi zones, the hotel was kind of old and outdated with technology, so the only explanation is that I had an EDGE connection.

Up until this past Saturday, the EDGE has NEVER worked. Seems as though Vodafone is prepping for July 11.

The next morning, I woke up excited to check email again, but nope... no worky worky. I checked my balance, no problems, I never changed EDGE settings so that wasnt the problem (always been blank). So, I walked to the nearest Vodafone store and in broken Italian asked what was up. The guy said July 11 it would be fine, but not until then... there are no "iPhone" settings yet.

Here are my thoughts:

1. They were opening the EDGE connection at midnight Satruday to try it out, and I happened to be in the right place at the right time.

2. Vodafone Italy will be supporting the iPhone as early as July 11.

What do you think?

what firmware and iphone do you use?.. i live in sicily.. Ciao..
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

Well, Currently I am on 2.0.1 on my 8GB Original iPhone. I just used the update carrier settings on iTunes (my phone is Pwned) and it worked fine, and didnt fail.

My new iPhone 3G, yes I signed up with a vodafone contract, out of the box is on the newest (2.0.2) and it works. The prepaid SIMs and the regular SIMs that vodaphone uses... same. So I think that any iPhone will work with a Vodafone chip now without an unlock/jailbreak required.