Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Iphone Work In S.korea??

Default Does Iphone Work In S.korea??
    (if this belongs in another forum please redirect)

I've read loads of inconsequencial jibberish on this subject but still nothing definitive. Even one guy said he visited S.Korea for a day and his phone didn't work, maybe he didn't have it setup right??

I'd just like to get to the bottom of this because I bought and unlocked my phone recently and now I'm moving to S.Korea in January. People are saying it won't work there but has anyone given it a good try? with the correct SIM card? Maybe the appropriate GSM network is still in place but most people don't use it?? WCDMA is what the new phones use but what about all the dinosaur phones people still have? Perhaps an old throw back data network still supports them and could also support the 1st gen. iPhone?

Also, is it conceivable that you could still use Wi-Fi and other apps even if it can't be
    supported by any carriers there?

Please weigh in on this if you have any thoughts, ideas, questions and especially if you have any substantial proof either way.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

call AT&T man...its not a matter of the iPhone working...its a matter of the provider you have and how much its going to cost you. If you are with AT&T its something absurd like 20 bucks a month for 2.99 a minute...anyway call your provider.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.