Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Configuring voicemail account number

Default Configuring voicemail account number
    Hi guys! Greet's from Finland, I've been using JB/UNL 1.1.1 iPhone with Sonera carrier succesfully for about a month now - working fine thanks to the threads of MMi and all you guys giving in an effort to solve things out!!!

Just figured out how to configure my voicemail tel.number in i.e. when pressing Voicemail -button on the Phone app it calls my voicemail account. Had to gather the info from several threads so I thought to sum it up here, maybe to help somebody with no visual voicemail or such things out.

Easy as it goes:

1. Launch Phone app and go to Keypad

2. Type in: *5005*86*your voicemail accounts number# (for example *5005*86*+358123456789#) and hit Call button.

That's it. Now you can call your voicemail account just by hitting the Voicemail button. Had to get this out 'cause most voicemail accounts at least here in Finland are working by calling in them and listening and configuring settings remotely. If anyone has a way of getting Visual Voicemail working with such carriers please let me know. And also I can't figure it out, where you guys get these "secret" number#* etc. commands?

P.S. Of course you can just save your voicemail account number as a contact and call it, but it wouldn't be that nice whatdoyouthink..

Check here for a complete solution

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19794

post in that thread if it helps you, it will keep it alive for others to read, I see a lot of posts like this but the answers are already there...............
    Last edited by ericidle; 2007-12-19 at 09:02 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Yeah, you're right - I feel like a f*ing idiot.. Can I totally erase this thread somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by phirvonen View Post
    Yeah, you're right - I feel like a f*ing idiot.. Can I totally erase this thread somehow?
    yes just dial: *5005*86*# call