Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help from orange sim users in the UK with US iphone

Default help from orange sim users in the UK with US iphone
    hi to all
    i have an unlocked us iphone running 1.1.2 firmware & all is working great.
    the only thing bugging me is that i never seem to get an edge signal at all.
    the square is either constantly white or blue depending on what page you are on. I can surf the internet using gprs(sloooowww) & check emails too.
    i would like to be able to use edge for youtube when there is no local wifi connection. i also tried my iphone with orange sim outside the 02 store in manchester who have some iphones on demo, when you switch off the wifi on the demo iphones they hook up to edge straight away.
    my phone didnt hook up to edge.
    anyone managed to get an edge signal on orange?

Pretty similar situation for me. US phone running 1.1.2. I have noticed the edge icon come on now and again but usually its off. Im using APN - orangeinternet with the username and password blank

interesting, heres a side note, I am using usa unlocked 1.0.2 iphone and hve ornage sim card but it doesnt work in my phone over here in the UK? it worked in the states but not here? works in other phones though? any suggestions?
    thx
    later

hi
    when i use the name APN orange internet some websites dont work so I use the orangewap settings.
    On another note I tried a 02 pay as you go sim card in my unlocked phone & the E symbol popped up pretty much straight away, I guess the orange edge coverage is pretty poor is all I can think.
    Have you tried this?

I'm having the same problem as reported earlier. No EDGE signal whatsoever, no matter where I am (London or in the country). I only get the full or white blue box indicating GPRS.

I've tried all sorts of set ups (orangeinternet, orangeworls, paygwap, orangewap) but none seem to sort this out.

Am on Orange PAYG sim, thinking about getting a contract but afraid that the internet connection will be too slow!

An yhelp is much appreciated.
    xnx04