Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rogers Long Distance

Default Rogers Long Distance
    I tried looking on the Rogers website, and too lazy to call the support hotline.

I know that Rogers Home Phone get unlimited free long distance calling in Canada to any other Rogers customer (home phone+wireless)...

but do Wireless customers get the same deal? Can they call any other Wireless/homephone customer in Canada and it be considered "local"?

Unrelated:
    Toronto --> Oakville ... long distance?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    I tried looking on the Rogers website, and too lazy to call the support hotline.

I know that Rogers Home Phone get unlimited free long distance calling in Canada to any other Rogers customer (home phone+wireless)...

but do Wireless customers get the same deal? Can they call any other Wireless/homephone customer in Canada and it be considered "local"?

Unrelated:
    Toronto --> Oakville ... long distance?
    Unlimited free long distance does not apply to Wireless customers. You can call from Home Phone to Home Phone free or Home Phone to Wireless for free (if they're also Rogers customers) BUT this doesn't work in reverse.

There's a number of packages you can get for your wireless service. $12 monthly for 100 long distance minutes or $4 for 40% off all long distance calling. There's also an international package, $7 for "up to" 70% off international calls.

Easiest tip to follow using a wireless phone (at least with Rogers), when you're calling a number within in Canada, don't enter the prefix "1". Just enter the areacode + phone number. If your call is going to be long distance, you'll receive an automated message telling you it's long distance before it starts dialing. That way, you have the chance to hang up without being charged.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

MattOnDemand (2007-12-12)

Thanks. Guess I just misunderstood all the ads and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Unlimited free long distance does not apply to Wireless customers. You can call from Home Phone to Home Phone free or Home Phone to Wireless for free (if they're also Rogers customers) BUT this doesn't work in reverse.

There's a number of packages you can get for your wireless service. $12 monthly for 100 Long Distance minutes or $4 for 40% off all long distance calling. There's also an international package, $7 for "up to" 70% off international calls.

Easiest tip to follow using a wireless phone (at least with Rogers), when you're calling a number within in Canada, don't enter the prefix "1". Just enter the areacode + phone number. If your call is going to be long distance, you'll receive an automated message telling you it's long distance before it starts dialing. That way, you have the chance to hang up without being charged.
    Thanks for the info. I've been wondering the same thing for a while now.

-jim