Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Rogers / Fido data plans confirmed!! $30 for unlimited data on iPhone 3G!!!

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts

    Default Rogers / Fido data plans confirmed!! $30 for unlimited data on iPhone 3G!!!
    Well, to anybody who hasn't seen it yet, check it out!!

    Canadian iPhone User - iPhoneUser.ca

    UNLIMITED data for personal use added to your existing plan for $30!!!
    UNLIMITED data for enterprise use added to your existing plan for $45!!!

    Wow, now I can keep my City Fido plan and add data on for $30. This is MUCH better than I had expected from Rogers / Fido, and is probably the absolute best case scenario we could have hoped for here in Canada!! Now I'm REALLY excited for July 11!!
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ASar08 For This Useful Post:

    Ezra (2008-06-20)

  3. #2
    who says it's real?

  4. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts

    I say it's real
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

  5. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ASar08 View Post
    I say it's real
    LOL! Why do ppl think something is true without looking to see if it's on the official page?! LOL

  6. #5
    AWESOME!

    Its real

    but is it only for the 3G? can I use it on my regular iPhone?

  7. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    AWESOME!

    Its real

    but is it only for the 3G? can I use it on my regular iPhone?
    from this same website today:
    New options for current iPhone users
    Posted on June 20th, 2008 by ruffdeezy


    Rogers and Fido have both released their new data plans today. They are somewhere deep within the Rogers website which is hard to navigate through and they havenít shown up on on Fidoís website yet. But they are here and you can add them to your plan now. They will work on an unlocked iPhone. Many people have confirmed that they have added the plans to their unlocked phones or unlocked iPhones on Rogers and Fido. Just call in now to add it, although there may be a lot of people calling in so you may have a bit of a wait.

    Here they are:

    - $30 for 300MB
    - $60 for 1GB
    - $80 for 3 GB
    - $100 for 6GB

  8. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Don't make the mistake of getting suckered in... again.

    Read the fine print people, that's what the asterisks are there for. Rogers does not offer unlimited Data. On the Data plans, they offer, and I quote "Data for Email on Select Servers - unlimited". That means if you're checking email on these domains, and these domains alone "Windows Live E-mail (Hotmail, Live, MSN), Yahoo.ca, Yahoo.com, Gmail, Sympatico, Videotron, Rogers Yahoo, Telus, Shaw and Cogeco" You can do it all you want. That's it, that's all she wrote. The rest is normal everyday Data usage. And Chillypbear is correct on the pricing.

    PS: These plans are only available on Blackberry or Windows Mobile compatible devices (including iPhone G3)
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

    chillypbear (2008-06-20)

  10. #8
    The plans announced today are not iPhone 3G plans, they are for blackberrys, windows mobile, and unlocked phones.

  11. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    I see you missed my PS. There will no iPhone 3G plans. iPhone 3G is considered a Windows Mobile compatible device, just like the Treo, HP PDAs, et al... For a company to create individual plans for a particular device is costly and pointless.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  12. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada Ontario
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    **** I knew it was to good to be true to have unlimited data in canada! Well ill beleive it when i see it I heard you have to get a data plan when you buy the iphone 3g whether its unlimited or you get only so much we will have to wait till july 11th i guess.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I see you missed my PS. There will no iPhone 3G plans. iPhone 3G is considered a Windows Mobile compatible device, just like the Treo, HP PDAs, et al... For a company to create individual plans for a particular device is costly and pointless.
    Really, no offense but, Why would all the carriers that have released their plans are specific... iPhone plans *gasp* yeah so I'm gonna have to say your wrong on that one.

  14. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic.Fox View Post
    Really, no offense but, Why would all the carriers that have released their plans are specific... iPhone plans *gasp* yeah so I'm gonna have to say your wrong on that one.
    Since I work for Rogers, I'm going to have to say I know a little more about it than you. But if you want to wait around for iPhone data plans, please, be my guest.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-06-23 at 03:51 PM.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Since I work for Rogers, I'm going to have to say I know a little more about it than you. But if you want to wait around for iPhone data plans, please, be my guest.
    Of course! You work at rogers there for your always right and know everything about the iPhone.

    I never once said unlimited data was true or false, but just cause you work there doesn't mean your right, doesn't mean your wrong either, but neither of us have soild proof of anything, so either show me some proof or I'm assuming everything you say is speculation, like everyone else.

  16. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic.Fox View Post
    Of course! You work at rogers there for your always right and know everything about the iPhone.

    I never once said unlimited data was true or false, but just cause you work there doesn't mean your right, doesn't mean your wrong either, but neither of us have soild proof of anything, so either show me some proof or I'm assuming everything you say is speculation, like everyone else.
    My my, aren't we touchy

    I never claimed I knew everything about the iPhone, but I will claim I have a greater insight into Rogers marketing and strategies than you. Neither did I mention anything about unlimited data plans re: your comments. You stated there will be Rogers data plans specifically aimed at iPhones, and that's incorrect. That's all there is to it.

    I could of course echo the copy of the email I received from the lady in charge of iPhone marketing, but that would hardly constitute proof as you'd simply imply I wrote it out myself. So I guess it's a wait and see game.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    My my, aren't we touchy

    I never claimed I knew everything about the iPhone, but I will claim I have a greater insight into Rogers marketing and strategies than you. Neither did I mention anything about unlimited data plans re: your comments. You stated there will be Rogers data plans specifically aimed at iPhones, and that's incorrect. That's all there is to it.

    I could of course echo the copy of the email I received from the lady in charge of iPhone marketing, but that would hardly constitute proof as you'd simply imply I wrote it out myself. So I guess it's a wait and see game.
    Sorry if it sounded that way to you.

    But honestly, from what I know, all the other carriers have iPhone have iPhone plans. I cant see Rogers doing different, But thats just my speculation.

    And since i have no proof rom you still only an excuse why you wont post proof, im still assuming that for all i know you dont even work at rogers.
    Therefore in my eyes what you say is still speculation, and I'm going to assume that you know about the same as me and everyone else, absolutely nothing.

  18. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada Ontario
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    I too think Rogers would have a specific iphone plan, i mean blackberries had there own data plans and every carrier out there has iphone specific plans, AT&T, O2, ect ect ect I know Rogers likes to give shitty plans but if there going to follow suit the way I think they are they are going to do what every other company is doing for the iphone.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to iChopPryde For This Useful Post:

    Arctic.Fox (2008-06-25)

  20. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts

    I agree and disagree...yes if Rogers WANTS to follow suit with the other international carriers, they will introduce a separate plan, but if it costs them extra money to impliment, probably not. Rogers has already said they don't believe in "unlimited" data plans which is what the other carriers are offering. Rogers has no incentive to offer such a lucrative plan IMHO because "most" ppl will sign the 3 year contract, pay the crazy fees just to have the phone 'legally'.

    Also, IMO (no "evidence" so pls don't quote me) the only reason they even have a separate Blackberry plan is because BB technology compresses all emails into 3kb each (I think?) so the plans have to reflect that since it will be different the their "mobile mail" plans for all other smart phones. Also, the BB network I would assume works differently so their users can PIN eachother/bb messenger etc.

  21. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iChopPryde View Post
    I too think Rogers would have a specific iphone plan, i mean blackberries had there own data plans and every carrier out there has iphone specific plans, AT&T, O2, ect ect ect I know Rogers likes to give shitty plans but if there going to follow suit the way I think they are they are going to do what every other company is doing for the iphone.
    This is an easy enough logic to follow. Please go to the Rogers.com website, and provide some links where there is information on Treo Data plans, HPPDA Data plans or HTC Touch data plans. These are all unique devices made by separate companies, therefore under this logic they should all have their own plans right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic.Fox View Post
    And since i have no proof rom you still only an excuse why you wont post proof, im still assuming that for all i know you dont even work at rogers.
    Therefore in my eyes what you say is still speculation, and I'm going to assume that you know about the same as me and everyone else, absolutely nothing.
    LOL. This is all just words on a page my friend. Exactly what kind of "proof" would meet your requirements? Tell you what, you give me your Wireless phone number, and I'll tell you what your last months bill came to.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-06-25 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    This is an easy enough logic to follow. Please go to the Rogers.com website, and provide some links where there is information on Treo Data plans, HPPDA Data plans or HTC Touch data plans. These are all unique devices made by separate companies, therefore under this logic they should all have their own plans right?
    ummm O.o hmm i think you need to call AT&T O2, Vodafone, ect. and tell them their logic is off cause they have an iPhone plan. Show me on all those company's sites where there are specific plans for all those phones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    LOL. This is all just words on a page my friend. Exactly what kind of "proof" would meet your requirements? Tell you what, you give me your Wireless phone number, and I'll tell you what your last months bill came to.
    Sorry im on Telus, atm at least. I'll tell you what print out that email or what ever it was and take a picture with your username, and i'll believe that enough. well at least till rogers releases what there doing.


    On a side note if rogers already decided what there doing why are they being so secretive =/

  23. #20
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic.Fox View Post
    ummm O.o hmm i think you need to call AT&T O2, Vodafone, ect. and tell them their logic is off cause they have an iPhone plan. Show me on all those company's sites where there are specific plans for all those phones.

    Sorry im on Telus, atm at least. I'll tell you what print out that email or what ever it was and take a picture with your username, and i'll believe that enough. well at least till rogers releases what there doing.

    On a side note if rogers already decided what there doing why are they being so secretive =/
    Why do you think Rogers is a Lemming? Because of bunch of American companies have iPhone data plans, good ole Teddy thinks he better follow suit?

    And what exactly is Rogers being secret about? The iPhone will be released July 11th, available on a 3 yr contract, $199 for 8GB, $299 for 16GB. What more do you need to know?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

    chillypbear (2008-06-26)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •