Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Name Display on Rogers Not Working in Canada?

Thanks
    Unhappy Name Display on Rogers Not Working in Canada?
    Could anybody out there shed some light in this? I could really use an honest opinion right now and I really appreciate it.

I have iPhone version 1.1.2 updated and unlocked, using my Rogers sim card on it. It seems that the Name Display feature is not working. Name Display is a feature from Rogers that sends the not only the phone number but also the name that the phone number is listed even though its not saved on your contacts list.

I would really appreciate if someone out there could at least answer me, because if iPhone does not support this, i might as well remove it from my plan since i cannot use it anymore.
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

Thanks

I'm also on 1.1.2 with Rogers and my Name Display is working correctly. Which Wireless essential pack are you on?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

carrie0227 (2007-12-03)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I'm also on 1.1.2 with Rogers and my Name Display is working correctly. Which Wireless essential pack are you on?
    Im on the 20$ wireless package. Forgot what its called. Am i doing something wrong with my phone that's why its not working? I tried changing the Phonebook format etc... But my name display is still not working. I only get the standard phone number but there's no name, although the location from which the call is coming from is there.
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carrie0227 View Post
    Im on the 20$ wireless package. Forgot what its called. Am i doing something wrong with my phone that's why its not working? I tried changing the Phonebook format etc... But my name display is still not working. I only get the standard phone number but there's no name, although the location from which the call is coming from is there.
    The $20 Communicate package does include Name Display, if the person is in your contacts and they call you, does their name show up then?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

carrie0227 (2007-12-03)

Thanks
    The $20 Communicate package does include Name Display, if the person is in your contacts and they call you, does their name show up then?
    Yes they do. Everything on my phone seems to be working fine except the Name Display feature on my Rogers account. It works perfectly fine with my Sony Ericson. But not with my iPhone.

By the way, thank you for replying.
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have Fido in Canada, and pay for name display, but it doesn't work for me.
    I thought it was just not capable on the phone - because that's what I was told about my old unlocked phone a sony ericsson.

now i'm wondering though. if it works on rogers, it should work on fido...??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by annaj View Post
    now i'm wondering though. if it works on rogers, it should work on fido...??
    Same towers, different network servers. Sorry.

Yes they do. Everything on my phone seems to be working fine except the Name Display feature on my Rogers account. It works perfectly fine with my Sony Ericson. But not with my iPhone.

By the way, thank you for replying.
    Sorry carrie. There's no reason why it shouldn't be working, however you won't get any help from Rogers as they don't support phones they don't sell.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-12-04 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

carrie0227 (2007-12-05)

I was offered free name display for 1 month also, i am with rogers and have the iphone v1.1.1 and noticed the name display isnt working for me either. normal call display works fine but for some reason name display isnt.

Thanks
    Hmmmm... it seems like there are a lot of us experiencing the same problem

Eurisko, thanks for the infos... I wonder now how come it works for some and not for others?

Oh well, i guess i just have to change my wireless package into something more suitable and go back to my previous 10$ Communicate package since i cannot send MMS messages and the name display is not working either! As for text messaging... Its a tedious task to do from an iPhone!!

I have no complaints other than the name display though... Rogers is still great when it comes to service and signal. I've been to Philippines, New York and Mustique and the service and signal is great. So no complaints when it comes to roaming, although the charges are pretty steep, its better than nothing. Hehehehe...

Thanks a lot for the replies!!!
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

Thanks

Call Rogers Customer Care and ask to speak with their WCTS (Wireless Care Technical Support) to troubleshoot the feature Name Display. It's possible there is a missing inclusive soc code for the package which is not allowing Name Display to work properly. Though in most cases the issue of not seeing the other party name is due to the carrier for that person has not added the username to the subscriber's CTN (Cellular Telephone Number). Just because their name is on their billing statement doesn't mean someone has set up their account properly to display the name. Also keep in mind that some people intentionally block their name as well remember that name display does not work with out having Call Display enabled.
    Last edited by imagine engine; 2007-12-05 at 04:12 PM.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

14. The Following User Says Thank You to imagine engine For This Useful Post:

carrie0227 (2007-12-06)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imagine engine View Post
    Call Rogers Customer Care and ask to speak with their WCTS (Wireless Care Technical Support) to troubleshoot the feature Name Display. It's possible theirs a missing inclusive soc code for the package which is not allowing Name Display to work properly. Though in most cases the issue of not seeing the other party name is due to the carrier for that person has not added the username to the subscriber's CTN (Cellular Telephone Number). Just because their name is on their billing statement doesn't mean someone has set up their account properly to display the name. Also keep in mind that some people intentionally block their name as well remember that name display does not work with out having Call Display enabled.
    If you want to do this, you can't tell them you have an iPhone. As I said before, Rogers does not support phones they don't sell.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

carrie0227 (2007-12-06)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine engine View Post
    Call Rogers Customer Care and ask to speak with their WCTS (Wireless Care Technical Support) to troubleshoot the feature Name Display. It's possible there is a missing inclusive soc code for the package which is not allowing Name Display to work properly. Though in most cases the issue of not seeing the other party name is due to the carrier for that person has not added the username to the subscriber's CTN (Cellular Telephone Number). Just because their name is on their billing statement doesn't mean someone has set up their account properly to display the name. Also keep in mind that some people intentionally block their name as well remember that name display does not work with out having Call Display enabled.
    I did call Rogers already and talked to an from technical support. They tried to remove the feature and put it back on my account. But still, name display does not seem to work... Tried it a couple of times before I finally decided to remove the whole 20$ Wireless Package. Since I won't be needing MMS anymore and since txt messaging is a hassle its the most logical thing to do. I still have my voice mail, call display and a package on txting that allows me to send 125 txt messages. Name display is nice to have, but i could live without. Thank you very much for replying!!!

If you want to do this, you can't tell them you have an iPhone. As I said before, Rogers does not support phones they don't sell.
    Yup, I didn't mention anything about having an iPhone!!! Thanks!!!
    Last edited by carrie0227; 2007-12-06 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

As for text messaging... Its a tedious task to do from an iPhone!!
    Really? You find it's annoying/tedious?

I actually find it's the most simple phone to do any sort of typing on. About 200 million times better than my old MotoRIZR.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post

I actually find it's the most simple phone to do any sort of typing on. About 200 million times better than my old MotoRIZR.
    I agree. Even better than my Treo. I just keep typing haphazardly and the iPhone just keep correcting my mistakes. it's a breeze!

Thanks
    Lets just say I am more used to the multi-tap system of my Nokia and Sony Ericson phone. I am not saying its annoying... Just that I'm not used to it, but getting the hang of it!

125 sent messages on my wireless package for now will do because in my previous package, there was more. Until i fix the problem with name display there's no use for me to be paying 20$ when i couldn't use some of the features that comes with the package. Right?

Im starting to reconsider since there is a new 3rd app which allows sending MMS, now that is great!!!

Still wondering why my name display wouldn't work though....
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

off topic

i find it to be really easy... the auto correct is amazing..

i never thought i would get used to it after T9 but this is much better.. i can write essays ; > haha

i agree with those who say, just don't pick up if u do not know the.. or just pick up and ask who it is.. i find name display and who called and those type of features useless...

if people call and it's important they will either leave a message or call back!

good thing u took it off your plan.. even if it did work it'd be useless ; >

any progress on getting name display working on the iphone?

Does it work for US Members?