Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rogers info and the 3G iPhone

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Rogers info and the 3G iPhone
    Just wanted to keep you up to date on information I have gleened.

I read somewhere online (iphoneuser.ca) that a person (and 6 others) had been able to put a pre-order in at a Rogers store on the iPhone.

I was willing to do the same, so I called pretty much every Rogers store here in Edmonton, AB and was told they were specifically told NOT to offer pre-order on the iPhone.

I called a Rogers dealer that my company deals with and he said in no way, shape or form are they supposed to allow pre-orders at this point.

He told me to call him though on July 9 or 10 if there has been no news and he would tell me what the plan is and maybe possible put one aside for me (mainly due to our business relationship).

My suggestion is if you know someone well in a Rogers store, put a bug in their ear to see if you can get one, because you know there will be line ups planned once Rogers gives more information in the weeks to come.

Just some info I though I would share.

And by the way, Rogers does confirm in a press release on the webpage that the $199 and $299 prices are legit. Only crappy thing is those prices are on a 3-year contract.
    Last edited by Hyperextension; 2008-06-11 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks

wrong forum.

3 year contract. ouch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i wonder if there is an option for a 2yr and 1yr contract like with other phones.

everyone is so happy that its coming but rogers dosnt want to get screwed over like at&t so you will probably have to buy the contract before you can take the phone home. so its smarter just to buy the first iphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

will we be able to use our edge iphones with the data plans rogers offers or will they say no cause its not the 3g iphone?

Does anyone know how it's going to work if you buy it from Apple? Will Rogers do the same policy as AT&T and force you to sign up for a new contract if you buy it from the Apple store? Also, any information on what the prices will be without a contract?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jekyoo_style View Post
    Does anyone know how it's going to work if you buy it from Apple? Will Rogers do the same policy as AT&T and force you to sign up for a new contract if you buy it from the Apple store? Also, any information on what the prices will be without a contract?
    I am guessing Rogers will do what ATT is going to be doing...not sure yet about the Apple Stores but since there are not that many, I would assume the ATT plan of substations as well (or maybe the original register/activate via iTunes??

I don't think there will be a price without contract. That's what I have been reading in the ATT news forums..looks like that's the price, mandatory contract like when the 1st gen iPhone came out.

I wonder if that data will be $30...I highly doubt that but we'll see.

Thanks

The story so far. The iPhone will be available on a 3yr contract only. No 1 or 2 year, no option to purchase without a contract. Both Rogers and Fido will be carrying it, since Rogers owns Fido.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

bjlawrence11 (2008-06-18)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

that sucks.. i want to buy the phone and have an open contract. thats what im on now. its easier that way.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    i talked to the rodgers in edmonton city center mall and they are taking deposits on iphones
    Yah some of them are. I just put down a deposit on an iPhone at a Rogers location in Edmonton too.

what's the big hurry with putting down a deposit? are you worried you'll miss out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The woman at the Fido store gave me little to no help and said "you'll have to wait until the 11th to find out.."

Sad to say I pretty much knew more information about it than she did.

I will be purchasing a 3G on the 11th, but I plan on keeping my 2G close by for travelling purposes (I use a T-Mobile pay as you go sim card when I'm out of the country)