Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rogers VM/SMS FW 1.1.2

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Rogers VM/SMS FW 1.1.2
    I have a bit of an issue. More of a pain in the butt actually.

When I get a new voicemail, the phone will notify me with the "1+" in the badge on the phone icon, which is fine, but I am also getting an SMS message for each VM.

When I was on 1.0.2 I only got the "1+". 1.1.1 I never received anything until I fixed it and then was only getting the "1+".

Now on 1.1.2 I get "duplicate" notification of VM. I have since turned off the VM notification sound, because with it on, both the VM and SMS sound plays and sounds bad.

Anyways, anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix? I previously had a BB and the SMS is how you were notified of new VM. Maybe it is something that Rogers can turn off if I ask them?

I currently have message waiting indicator ON and outcall notification OFF in my VM settings with Rogers. (What the hell is outcall notification anyways?)

Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks

I'm going to sound like Microsoft here, but it's not a bug it's a feature. Call up Rogers and ask them to block your "Who Called" feature.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yah tried that but no go. It isnt the WhoCalled SMS that comes in. It is one from VM, so I have no clue.

Thanks

I get the same thing, it's all part of the package. If I miss a call, I get an SMS. If they leave a message, I get an SMS for the missed call and another SMS for the voicemail. There's different components to each package, they may have blocked the wrong one. Customer service isn't the most brilliant of occupations.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I get the same thing, it's all part of the package. If I miss a call, I get an SMS. If they leave a message, I get an SMS for the missed call and another SMS for the voicemail. There's different components to each package, they may have blocked the wrong one. Customer service isn't the most brilliant of occupations.
    you are wrong, this is not part of any package or who called package. If i put the sim card on my MOTOROLA phone and someone leaves me a voicemail i get the voicemail notification icon , if i put it on my iphone i get the voicemail notification icon along with a txt message.

Before VM notifications stopped workinng on 1.1.1, it used to work just fine, someone leaves a voicemail you would get a dot on the voicemail icon. ( no txt msg )

I am not signed up with "who called" either. You keep telling people this is a result of who called or is normal , truth is it is not.
    Last edited by The Punisher; 2007-11-29 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default how did you fix the VM notification in 1.1.1
    I currently do not get VM notification in 1.1.1 and would like to fix it..... how did you fix it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    you are wrong, this is not part of any package or who called package. If i put the sim card on my MOTOROLA phone and someone leaves me a voicemail i get the voicemail notification icon , if i put it on my iphone i get the voicemail notification icon along with a txt message.

Before VM notifications stopped workinng on 1.1.1, it used to work just fine, someone leaves a voicemail you would get a dot on the voicemail icon. ( no txt msg )

I am not signed up with "who called" either. You keep telling people this is a result of who called or is normal , truth is it is not.
    Thanks for your opinion friend, however I work for Rogers and I think I know a little more about the issue than you. And before you blatantly call someone a liar you better be damn sure you know what the hell you're talking about. If you have Voicemail, you have Who Called, whether you realize it or not, since its a component that comes with the package. If you'd like to give me your cell number I'll be glad to show just what can and can't be blocked on your phone.

i have voicemail on rogers, and when i hooked it up i had the rep turn the who called feature off - meaning i have voicemail on rogers, and not the "who called" feature. so you are wrong mr I work for rogers.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I've always gotten a txt msg and a voicemail notification depending on the device i was using. Even my blackberry I get a txt and voicemail icon. There was a bug in 1.0, 1.02, 1.1.1 that stopped us from getting txt's from 4 digit #'s this has been resolved with 1.1.2 and there is a fix for the previous versions that has the 1.1.2 framework that fix's these issues. This is just how some devices handel the notification because rogers does send out both txt, and voicemail waiting icon.

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kennylevere View Post
    i have voicemail on rogers, and when i hooked it up i had the rep turn the who called feature off - meaning i have voicemail on rogers, and not the "who called" feature. so you are wrong mr I work for rogers.
    Thanks for defining yourself as a typical Rogers customer. You know everything, and employees know nothing. If you're not willing accept that help that's given, don't ask for it in the first place. Thanks for coming out.

Is there any place in Toronto i’ll be able to buy an iPhone?

Thanks

Try Craig's list. I saw an Ad for a store on College/Spadina once, they were selling "unlocked" iPhone's for $1400. Not worth it imo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the exact same problem! Ever since the update to 1.1.2! It has nothing to do with "WhoCalled"

If I miss a call with a voicemail, i get the voicemail notification, the "WhoCalled" text message and then another random
    "Voicemail" text message which I never got before 1.1.2 or with any other phone.

Don't know of any fixes though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doogee View Post
    I have the exact same problem! Ever since the update to 1.1.2! It has nothing to do with "WhoCalled"

If I miss a call with a voicemail, i get the voicemail notification, the "WhoCalled" text message and then another random
    "Voicemail" text message which I never got before 1.1.2 or with any other phone.

Oh man, let's all be clear we're talking about the same thing. Are you referring to a text message sent from Rogers (server +4444) telling you that you have voicemail waiting. Or are you talking about the iPhone's internal text notice (not a text message) that tells you you have "Voicemail: New 1 0 Urgent"? These are not the same thing.

Thanks
    I've never notice these notifications.. i guess it never bothered me before, even after reading this thread, its still not bothering me. Anyway... i do get 3 notifications, a txt message from Rogers that notifies me about a new voicemail, the message goes like "Voicemail 3 New 0 Urgent", a default notification tone from the iphone , and i also have the who called feature that sends me a message about the calls that i missed whenever my phone is out of reach. So after reading your posts i am now currently experimenting on notifications on my phone... I just TURNED OFF the sound notification for the new voice mail notification on the SETTINGS of my iphone and it works. Now, i'm only receiving the txt message notification from Rogers which tells me that i have a new voice mail. Its a default feature for us voice mail users, for how are we to know of a new voice mail if we are not being notified right? Hehehe...

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by doogee View Post

I've been receiving the Voicemail txt message from Rogers since I activated it even on my previous phone, SEw810i. It comes with the voice mail feature from Rogers. By the way, i'm also using 1.1.2 got my phone unlocked on 1.1.1 and recently updated to 1.1.2

Hope my other post helps you.
    Last edited by carrie0227; 2007-12-03 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh man, let's all be clear we're talking about the same thing. Are you referring to a text message sent from Rogers (server +4444) telling you that you have voicemail waiting. Or are you talking about the iPhone's internal text notice (not a text message) that tells you you have "Voicemail: New 1 0 Urgent"? These are not the same thing.
    I have been reading these posts and could really use some help.

I have a similar problem in that I get an indicator of missed calls (+1 on the phone icon and listings on the "Recents" screen) but no indicator of voice mail waiting (just a blank red dot on the voice mail icon). I am on Rogers and have iPhone V1.1.2 but problem also existed on V1.1.1. I called Rogers Tech Support and Customer Service to ask them to turn off the "Who Called" feature on voicemail but they couldn't find it turned on with my account. I have a corporate plan that seems to roll things up into a bundle that Customer Service didn't fully understand. The usual flag for this feature was not turned on with my account.

I am not sure I understand the terminology well here so please excuse me. However, I do not get normal "text messages" that tell me someone has called or that I have voice mail messages (normal or urgent) waiting. I only get the indicator in the "Recents" screen that shows who called. I don't get any text messages (in the SMS) at all for missed calls or voice mail. However, I can use SMS to send and receive text messages from other subscribers.

Putting all this together leaves me wondering if I have a different problem. Any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Looks like I started a barn burner here! HAHA.

This is what I get when I get a VM:

- Missed call notification with VM on the iPhone (badge over phone icon shows 1+ (or however many), as well as badge over the VM icon in the iPhone phone interface
    - On top of that, I get an SMS message showing "Voicemail: New 1 0 Urgent" (this is the one I want to get rid of if possible, as there is no need for me)

So when I get a VM, I simultaneaously get notification of VM and SMS (both sounds and vibrations at the same time)

I never got these before on 1.1.1, but on 1.1.2 I do. I don't like the duplication. The latter item is how I was notified of VM on my BlackBerry (it came as a text)

As far as Who Called, I do not subscribe to that service, so I do not get an SMS indicating this. Only the 2 mentioned above.
    Last edited by Hyperextension; 2007-12-03 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post

- Missed call notification with VM on the iPhone (badge over phone icon shows 1+ (or however many), as well as badge over the VM icon in the iPhone phone interface
    - On top of that, I get an SMS message showing "Voicemail: New 1 0 Urgent" (this is the one I want to get rid of if possible, as there is no need for me)

So when I get a VM, I simultaneaously get notification of VM and SMS (both sounds and vibrations at the same time)

I never got these before on 1.1.1, but on 1.1.2 I do. I don't like the duplication. The latter item is how I was notified of VM on my BlackBerry (it came as a text)

As far as Who Called, I do not subscribe to that service, so I do not get an SMS indicating this. Only the 2 mentioned above.
    For me, the big issue is the missing 1+ badge over the VM icon. Didn't have it with V1.1.1 and still don't have it with V1.1.2.
    Last edited by Geoff Suddard; 2007-12-03 at 06:38 PM. Reason: missed word

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Suddard View Post

I have a similar problem in that I get an indicator of missed calls (+1 on the phone icon and listings on the "Recents" screen) but no indicator of voice mail waiting (just a blank red dot on the voice mail icon). I am on Rogers and have iPhone V1.1.2 but problem also existed on V1.1.1. I called Rogers Tech Support and Customer Service to ask them to turn off the "Who Called" feature on voicemail but they couldn't find it turned on with my account. I have a corporate plan that seems to roll things up into a bundle that Customer Service didn't fully understand. The usual flag for this feature was not turned on with my account.

I am not sure I understand the terminology well here so please excuse me. However, I do not get normal "text messages" that tell me someone has called or that I have voice mail messages (normal or urgent) waiting. I only get the indicator in the "Recents" screen that shows who called. I don't get any text messages (in the SMS) at all for missed calls or voice mail. However, I can use SMS to send and receive text messages from other subscribers.

Putting all this together leaves me wondering if I have a different problem. Any ideas?
    Hmmmm... Do you have voice mail activated on your account? I mean, does your wireless package include voice mail? To be honest with you, I don't really know if you have the same problem since I have voice mail on my account and its only logical for me to receive notifications. But if you don't have voice mail on your account on rogers and still getting the notification balloon, well i guess its the default action of the iphone that gives you this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Suddard View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post

As I've said, the text message is default notification from Rogers, i think 1.1.1 have a bug that fails to receive this text messages and 1.1.2 fixed it. The text message comes with the voice mail feature from Rogers, i honestly don't know if you could opt out of the messages, try calling and asking a customer service agent. As for the badge sound notification, just turn it off! Go to SETTING - SOUNDS - NEW VOICEMAIL and turn it off if the sound notification bothers you so much. Okidoki? I hope this helps you.
    Last edited by carrie0227; 2007-12-03 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

Carrie0227, I do have voicemail on my Rogers account and am NOT getting the VM notifications. (I would really like them though!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast