Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Rogers VM/SMS FW 1.1.2

  1. #21
    What's Jailbreak? carrie0227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Suddard View Post
    Carrie0227, I do have voicemail on my Rogers account and am NOT getting the VM notifications. (I would really like them though!)
    Hmmm... You have voicemail but Rogers is not sending you the txt notification? I don't understand. Have you tried calling Rogers and ask them about this. Like what i've said. I am also in 1.1.2 and i am getting both the VM text message and the notification from the phone itself. As for the WhoCalled feature, its way different from voicemail. It notifies you via text message of the calls you've missed and of the numbers who tried to call you while your phone is out of signal. Have you tried inserting your sim card to another celphone and check if the text notification will work? I really wish i could help you... The only thing i could think of right now is for you to call Rogers and ask them why you're not receiving a text message notification for your voice mail.
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

  2. #22
    I am also not getting any notification for VM. If someone calls and leaves a VM there is no notification for it, no badge (1+), no text, nothing. I am on 1.1.1

  3. #23
    I'm getting both the SMS text (Voicemail 1 New 0) in conjunction with the VM badge indication.

    This only happened after upgrading fro 1.1.1

    I'd like to get rid of the SMS notification, but dare not call and wait the typical 15 minutes in frustration with Rogers clowns only to be served by someone who knows jack about the service.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by carrie0227 View Post
    Hmmm... You have voicemail but Rogers is not sending you the txt notification? I don't understand. Have you tried calling Rogers and ask them about this. Like what i've said. I am also in 1.1.2 and i am getting both the VM text message and the notification from the phone itself. As for the WhoCalled feature, its way different from voicemail. It notifies you via text message of the calls you've missed and of the numbers who tried to call you while your phone is out of signal. Have you tried inserting your sim card to another celphone and check if the text notification will work? I really wish i could help you... The only thing i could think of right now is for you to call Rogers and ask them why you're not receiving a text message notification for your voice mail.
    I finally solved the problem with not getting VM notifications from Rogers. I purchased a new SIM card and the problem went away after installing it. I am now getting the extra SMS message and the VM notification badge.

  5. #25
    This SMS (Voicemail 1 new 0 Urgent) is really anoying. But it does not come with 1.1.2. I'm on 1.1.1 and I started getting it about 2-3 weeks ago (pretty much when 1.1.2 came out, but I did not upgrade). So my guess is it's either something I installed, or Rogers that changed something on their network.

    Funny thing is last summer I was using a MotoQ GSM and I would also get these anoying SMS. It stopped when I started using my iPhone... then it just started to do it again.

    I think it might have something to do with the app called "SMS Fix" that I installed a little while ago... I'm making some tests right now.

  6. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fragznet View Post
    This SMS (Voicemail 1 new 0 Urgent) is really anoying. But it does not come with 1.1.2. I'm on 1.1.1 and I started getting it about 2-3 weeks ago (pretty much when 1.1.2 came out, but I did not upgrade). So my guess is it's either something I installed, or Rogers that changed something on their network.
    Don't know what you've heard, but the (Voicemail 1 new 0 Urgent) does continue with 1.1.2, it would be nice if someone knew how to stop it.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  7. #27
    Well, I thought that this SMS/VM issue was not related to 1.1.2 but I just found out I was wrong. The reason that I'm getting it even though I'm on 1.1.1 is that what that SMS Fix application that I installed actually did is installed the 1.1.2 version of the phone app on my 1.1.1 iphone...

    I uninstalled it, and now I don't get ANY kind of VM notofication...

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Don't know what you've heard, but the (Voicemail 1 new 0 Urgent) does continue with 1.1.2, it would be nice if someone knew how to stop it.
    Is this the "Voicemail Notification" option listed in the actual Rogers Voicemail options? Has anyone just tried to turn their notifications off and see if this solves it? Just curious :P
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

  9. #29
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sony311 View Post
    Is this the "Voicemail Notification" option listed in the actual Rogers Voicemail options? Has anyone just tried to turn their notifications off and see if this solves it? Just curious :P
    As discussed previously in this thread, its two separate messages. The VM text message that comes from Rogers, tells you you've got voicemail waiting. The iPhone itself will also give you a text notification (1 Voicemail 0 Urgent), this is not a text message.

    The one from Rogers can be turned off, the one from the iPhone can't, or no one has found a way.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    As discussed previously in this thread, its two separate messages. The VM text message that comes from Rogers, tells you you've got voicemail waiting. The iPhone itself will also give you a text notification (1 Voicemail 0 Urgent), this is not a text message.

    The one from Rogers can be turned off, the one from the iPhone can't, or no one has found a way.
    So if you turn of the Rogers Indicator OFF, would that affect the Red dot on the Voicemail icon in your phone? Cause if it doe not and it only disables the SMS text from Rogers, wouldn't that be a solution? :S
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

  11. #31
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Milton, Ontario
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 43 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    As discussed previously in this thread, its two separate messages. The VM text message that comes from Rogers, tells you you've got voicemail waiting. The iPhone itself will also give you a text notification (1 Voicemail 0 Urgent), this is not a text message.

    The one from Rogers can be turned off, the one from the iPhone can't, or no one has found a way.
    Yes it can be turned off.

    I just turned off outcall notification AND message waiting indication through my voicemail settings and now I do not receive EITHER indicator, so this tells me the (1 Voicemail 0 Urgent) message is NOT a message from the iPhone.

    Outcall notification (on or off) seems to do nothing and serves no purpose as far as I can see. If I turn on my message waiting indicator, I get both messages. If I turn it off, I get neither message.
    Last edited by Hyperextension; 2007-12-21 at 08:10 PM.

  12. #32
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    Yes it can be turned off.

    I just turned off outcall notification AND message waiting indication through my voicemail settings and now I do not receive EITHER indicator, so this tells me the (1 Voicemail 0 Urgent) message is NOT a message from the iPhone.

    Outcall notification (on or off) seems to do nothing and serves no purpose as far as I can see. If I turn on my message waiting indicator, I get both messages. If I turn it off, I get neither message.
    That's easy enough to verify, what SMS Server number did the (1 Voicemail 0 Urgent) indicator come from?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  13. #33
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Milton, Ontario
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 43 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    That's easy enough to verify, what SMS Server number did the (1 Voicemail 0 Urgent) indicator come from?
    There is no server number so I don't know what, where or who it is from. iPhone or Rogers or both.

  14. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    There is no server number so I don't know what, where or who it is from. iPhone or Rogers or both.
    Then it doesn't come from Rogers.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    Yes it can be turned off.

    I just turned off outcall notification AND message waiting indication through my voicemail settings and now I do not receive EITHER indicator, so this tells me the (1 Voicemail 0 Urgent) message is NOT a message from the iPhone.

    Outcall notification (on or off) seems to do nothing and serves no purpose as far as I can see. If I turn on my message waiting indicator, I get both messages. If I turn it off, I get neither message.
    I am having the exact same problem - carrier voicemail notification works perfectly, except the iPhone is also showing me as having received a new SMS message from a no-number caller saying "1 new 0 urgent", etc.

    The same SIM in a Motorola PEBL or Razr does not produce this behaviour - I believe the voicemail-notifcation SMS is not being processed 100% correctly by the iPhone - it displays the "1+" and the dot on the voicemail correctly, but it also seems to think this is a voicemail.

    Hyperextension, are you using enhanced or basic voicemail? I used to have basic voicemail on my first (software-unlocked) iPhone (1.1.1) and never had a problem with this. I sold my iPhone, then got enhanced voicemail, and THEN got a 1.1.2 w/StealthSIM, and have noticed this problem since. Also, are you on a software-unlocked iPhone, or are you using a SIM card solution (TurboSIM, StealthSIM, etc.)?
    Last edited by dalton voss; 2007-12-25 at 09:28 PM.

  16. #36
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Yeah I think that's a feature of the enhanced voicemail which in my opinion is totally useless since you already see who called :P Someone mentioned something about voicemail settings... where can I find that setting? I've been happy tapping trying to find it for the past few minutes and to no avail! lol

    By the way, first post here, great forum, expect me to contribute here as much as I love learning new things about the iPhone (have had it for about 2 months) :0

    Cheers!

  17. #37
    I have had the same problem getting text messages whenever I check my voicemail or get new voicemail (with a small GSM carrier in the U.S) I get a text telling me I have a new message, or if I don't and just go in to listen to my old voicemail, i get text saying "message waiting off). I talked to several people and the most common answer is this:

    The "message waiting off" is a text message that the carrier sends to our phones to activate/deactivate the MWI (message waiting indicator) on GSM phones. It's a special kind of text that the phone uses to let you know of you have a voicemail waiting or not. Since you have an iPhone, and the iPhone doesn't seem to support the MWI, the phone is just showing you the text any other phone would just use to turn the indicator off.

  18. #38
    Someone asked if iPhones are for sale in Toronto. AFAIK, Sonnam Computing on Spadina (East side, just North of College) was and may still be selling 8GB iPhones. The price: about $600 (CAD).

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by bouda View Post
    I have had the same problem getting text messages whenever I check my voicemail or get new voicemail (with a small GSM carrier in the U.S) I get a text telling me I have a new message, or if I don't and just go in to listen to my old voicemail, i get text saying "message waiting off). I talked to several people and the most common answer is this:

    The "message waiting off" is a text message that the carrier sends to our phones to activate/deactivate the MWI (message waiting indicator) on GSM phones. It's a special kind of text that the phone uses to let you know of you have a voicemail waiting or not. Since you have an iPhone, and the iPhone doesn't seem to support the MWI, the phone is just showing you the text any other phone would just use to turn the indicator off.
    Anyone have a fix for this? So sick of getting these text messages!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •