Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Canada + iphone

Default Canada + iphone
    1.I would like to see how many of you guys got an iphone and whats the price to get the phone working?

2. Do i need to have my phone activated to go on the internet???(this way i would like to know if the phone is not activated, do I have access to internet everywhere - I live in quebec, Canada)

3. I have a 8gb Ipod Touch that I'm actually trying to sell to get an iphone. You can mod them by the same way.

4. If i don't activate my phone can I send FREE SMS with the new app released about a day ago.

5. If you got more infos I should know tell me because it is kind of tricky when you live in Canada, Quebec

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wil32 View Post
    1.I would like to see how many of you guys got an iphone and whats the price to get the phone working?

2. Do i need to have my phone activated to go on the internet???(this way i would like to know if the phone is not activated, do I have access to internet everywhere - I live in quebec, Canada)

3. I have a 8gb Ipod Touch that I'm actually trying to sell to get an iphone. You can mod them by the same way.

4. If i don't activate my phone can I send FREE SMS with the new app released about a day ago.

5. If you got more infos I should know tell me because it is kind of tricky when you live in Canada, Quebec
    I live in Canada (Ontario) and there was nothing tricky at all. I picked mine up through a dealer for $700 (back in Aug when the prices were up). I unlocked it via IPSF soon after and been flyin ever since.

If your phone is not activated with a carrier, you cannot use it as a phone at all, no calling, no SMS, no internet via EDGE/GPRS. You could access the internet via Wifi just as you can with the iTouch, but nothing more. So in short, unless you activate your phone with a wireless carrier, you may as well keep the iTouch because it would amount to the same thing.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

wil32 (2007-11-29)

so i better stick with my ipod touch right???

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Munzo For This Useful Post:

wil32 (2007-11-29)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i bought mine in seattle for $399USD/CAN (hahaha) and i'm using it with Fido here in Vancouver.
    I payed $70 to unlock it at the beginning of October the day after the 1.1.1 hack was announced.

i got mine for 450$ and i did unlock by myself....thanks....modmyi.com

Thanks
    hi there! bought my iphone last month for 510$ plus shipping and duties etc. got 1.1.1 BB but updated recently via hacktheiphone... hehehe... anyway, i am also living here in quebec and the phone is currently working just fine. all features except visual voicemail. you dont really need to activate it to any network, all you need is a pre-unlocked phone to start with. that said... hope it would make you decide.

by the way... internet via edge or via a router is an option you will have to make. i'd rather not use edge coz it would be too expensive. any place offering a wi-fi connection would work. i've tried it.
    Last edited by carrie0227; 2007-11-30 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how much do you pay per month for the phone service???(with which carrier)

$299 baby when 4 gb's were still around

i love RFD

do it yourself! it's pretty straightforward

Very happy with mine in Vancouver using Fido PAYG,very simple to unlock the 1.1.1 firmware.
    $399 is worth every penny.
    Go get one,make sure is 1.1.1 or less.

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

$399

Unlocked 1.0.2 and have upgraded up to 1.1.2

Hi guys i am new and reading your post,just bought iphone from usa and i am in vancouver,please any body tell me how to check the software version and how to unlock to work with fido.thanks

wow, there a few of us vancouverites here eh? (<-- meant to say that )

If I helped you in anyway, show some love! hit the thanks button!

Toronto, Ontario here...

bought mine in Buffalo when the Canadian dollar was par ($399). Unlocked it myself.

Why are people paying more than that? Insane.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    Toronto, Ontario here...

bought mine in Buffalo when the Canadian dollar was par ($399). Unlocked it myself.

Why are people paying more than that? Insane.
    The Apple Store let you buy it without a contract?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Yep!

I paid by credit card, so they needed to see ID and when I showed him my Ontario driver's license, he did give me a hoot and a holler about "how this phone doesn't work in Canada... if you try to unlock...blah blah...you'll have a $400 brick."

But he sold it to me no problem... which leads me to believe that Apple doesn't care regardless... they are making their money.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I'm from Edmonton and was in Chicago recently and I purchased 2 from the Apple store in Schaumburg, IL.

I paid debit, they noticed a "strange looking card" (what bank is that from). Told them I was from Canada and they were gifts for family that lived in the USA.

They were happy as all heck to sell them to me.

Spent maybe 10 minutes in the store.