Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone iSync - via WiFi!

I see it now... Had to install itoggle, since the Network Services app isn't seeing it.

francis
    Oh no not the iPhone app. Look in the iSync app dir. theres an app there called Toggle. By the way, don't use iToggle to unload cron lol, thats a system process and I'm pretty sure its impossible to disable, in any case, thats not necessary since theres a mac app that does all the work for you. Probably should have called it Uninstall or something lol...

Do you know anything about shell scripting by the way? Or know anyone with shell script experience? The features u guys have suggested are actually not as easy to implement as they seemed at first glance (very difficult for the app to actually check if install worked or not lol... it would have to go into the ipod and do the crontab -l command but also relay that back to the mac and grep check the result - would be quite easy to implement if everything was being done on the local mac, but not so easy over ssh....)

In any case, the userguide should be pretty easy enough to write once I get the time

I don't know much about scripting, to be honest with you. But I'll volunteer to alpha/beta test your scripts for ya.

francis
    That would be awesome! I've only got access to 3 macs here, a powerbook running leopard and 2 imacs running Tiger, and they're all PowerPC lol...

Anyways, I'm tinkering with 0.6 right now and I'll pm u a link of the alpha when its ready

I think I'll make MMi my dev base now instead of the other forums considering the input I've been receiving here is nothing short of amazing, this is an extremely active community and I'm proud to be a member

Quote Originally Posted by francisois View Post
    DigOX

That means it worked

you can verify this by doing the following:

open terminal and type the following:

ssh [email protected]
    type ur ipods pass
    type: crontab -l

(thats 'l' as in 'L')

you should see a list of the sync processes added to ur crontab, ur crontab should be empty if this didnt work, but if u get a result, then it worked, and now u just have to keep ur ipod on the same network with wifi on and it will sync on the designated times

clemclone:

did u see the edit to my last post? if not, here u go:
    -------------------------
    ok, first, clem-clone, have you changed your ipods root pass to anything else? If not, make sure you type it exactly as 'alpine' without the quotes. Also note that you will not see the password being typed - this is a UNIX security measure - if you type alpine and hit enter, it should work - unless of course uve changed the password or the pass is different for some reason. If thats the case then do the following:

open Terminal on your mac
    type: ssh [email protected]
    when prompted for the pass, type alpine and hit enter, if it works then you should be fine...
    ------------------------------
    OK, Now I see what had to happen.
    I needed to assign the 'Pashua' app to the 'terminal' program too.

francis
    oh wow u weren't even getting the GUI to appear? this is absurd, as u can see it worked on Digital_Oxygen's comp, but given his screenshot, Im guessing hes using Leopard (customizable terminal window) which might mean that this is a 10.4.11 issue (my imacs are running 10.4.10). I hope it works for u now? Sorry about all the trouble u had to go through...

what about windows? will there be one out for it soon?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

francisois - welcome to the boards. Always good to have more dev's around. I have a MBP running Leopard, am hitting the rack now, but will be able to test for ya in whatever way you need.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

francis
    poetic_folly:

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it! I'd like to host the app on your downloads section but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I would prefer if MMi members didn't have to go to a different site (googlecode) to download iSync, but I also understand if you're not willing to host beta apps in active development (at one point I was releasing 2 versions a day lol).

I'd also like to announce that we have an experienced coder on board now, and it looks like the app will make leaps and bounds in terms of user friendliness and ease of use. The only thing I'm missing at the moment is someone with a bit of free time who would be willing to write up a nice HTML user guide, possibly even manage the new project website. The person will of course be given full credit for the app, aside from my eternal gratitude This is something I should be doing myself, but as you know, I'm in the middle of a horrible bunch of exams at the moment and I really can't find the time to write up a userguide of any sort :P

ultimatexpka:

For now, this is a unix-only app that runs first and foremost on macs (could be ported to linux/freebsd very easily). But if, as I'm hoping, the new coder on board can get an iPhone native app running, then windows synchronization will definitely work because all the unix scripts can run inside the ipod.

You will be the first person to know once this happens

I successfully set both Toggle and iSync to open with Terminal, and I saw the GUI for both. However when I attempted to install, it asked for my password repeatedly... I'm guessing that it just wouldn't take alpine. Moreover, when I try to type something in the GUI text fields, nothing appears within them; rather, I see the typed text mirrored in the Terminal. I can't figure this out at all, and I'm feeling really dumb.

Now I'm seeing this in the Terminal when I launch the Toggle GUI:

Code:
    2007-12-05 07:28:22.494 Pashua[772] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Library/InputManagers/Ecamm/Ecamm Plugin Loader.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Ecamm Plugin Loader for bundle /Library/InputManagers/Ecamm/Ecamm Plugin Loader.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())
    2007-12-05 07:28:22.500 Pashua[772] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Users/mymacname/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle/iGetterIMBundle.bundle/Contents/MacOS/iGetterIMBundle for bundle /Users/mymacname/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle/iGetterIMBundle.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())
    2007-12-05 07:28:22.503 Pashua[772] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Users/mymacname/Library/InputManagers/Smart Crash Reports/Smart Crash Reports.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Smart Crash Reports for bundle /Users/mymacname/Library/InputManagers/Smart Crash Reports/Smart Crash Reports.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())
    Last edited by Randy; 2007-12-05 at 03:30 PM.

francis
    Try installing version 0.7. You have a weird issue here and I have no idea why this is happening to you honestly. There is no reason why the text should be mirrored into the terminal window, and absolutely no reason why you should get error messages related to other apps when you load Toggle (your posted errors include safari download plugins). If version 0.7 still gives you the same difficulty, PM me and I will give you the exact commands to type in terminal to run the apps, and then we can at least exclude a few things as the reason for these errors..

Reply to this thread with your mac's setup, including OS version and processor type. I need to know as much as possible in order to help you troubleshoot.

EDIT:

One user suggested also setting the Pashua executable to run in terminal. But first, get version 0.7, give that a shot, and then come back here if it doesnt
    Last edited by francis; 2007-12-06 at 03:04 PM.

Francisois,

I noticed in your .7 version you've included an iPhone app to enable/disable this service. I will gladly add service access to the NetServices program.

Please PM me so that we can work out what it take to turn this service on & off.

Thanks,

Greg Hartstein

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by francisois View Post
    poetic_folly:

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it! I'd like to host the app on your downloads section but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I would prefer if MMi members didn't have to go to a different site (googlecode) to download iSync, but I also understand if you're not willing to host beta apps in active development (at one point I was releasing 2 versions a day lol).

I'd also like to announce that we have an experienced coder on board now, and it looks like the app will make leaps and bounds in terms of user friendliness and ease of use. The only thing I'm missing at the moment is someone with a bit of free time who would be willing to write up a nice HTML user guide, possibly even manage the new project website. The person will of course be given full credit for the app, aside from my eternal gratitude This is something I should be doing myself, but as you know, I'm in the middle of a horrible bunch of exams at the moment and I really can't find the time to write up a userguide of any sort :P
    Any users can upload files to our downloads section, we'd love to host your app for you.

We can set up a page for you and a fully detailed guide, if you like.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12