Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Windows Based File Transfer Program (iPhoneBrowser)!

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    What features are you looking for in a new version?
    I noticed that trying to backup the /var/root/Library/Recordings (where all the recordings from VNotes go) causes an error because it doesn't like the format of the file path......

Here is a typical file name:

2007-09-13_19:35:15.amr

It seems rather cumbersome to have to rename these files on the iPhone (I have about 50 files recorded in this folder) just to make a backup. If this is a result of the characters found in the file name not being allowed (I think the problem is with the ':') then it seems like it would be simple enough to do a reg expression inside the substitution command that would substitute a valid character for an invalid one. If you need an example of the code I'm talking about just ask and I'll write something up really quick.

here is the dump from the error dialog

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.Canonical izePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateLis tFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPa thList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor (FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at iPhoneBrowser.frmMain.copyFromPhone(String sourceOnPhone, String destinationOnComputer)
    at iPhoneBrowser.frmMain.backupFileFromPhoneAt(String sSourcePath, String sSourceFile, DateTime aTime)
    at iPhoneBrowser.frmMain.BackupDirectoryAt(String sPath, DateTime aTime)
    at iPhoneBrowser.frmMain.BackupDirectory(String sPath)
    at iPhoneBrowser.frmMain.BackupFolderToolStripMenuIte m_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Obje ct key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(Eve ntArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(Eve ntArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventIntera ctive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(Event Args e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEven tArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    iPhoneBrowser
    Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/iPhoneBrowser/iPhoneBrowser.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    AxInterop.QTOControlLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/iPhoneBrowser/AxInterop.QTOControlLib.DLL
    Interop.QTOControlLib
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/iPhoneBrowser/Interop.QTOControlLib.DLL
    Manzana
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/iPhoneBrowser/Manzana.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I modified the latest version to replace characters illegal in Windows filenames with % followed by the hex code of the character (like a URL encoding) and to replace % with %% (hopefully that isn't too irritating).

I'll try to produce a version over the weekend for distribution.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

blast7 (2007-12-14)

What features are you looking for in a new version?
    I modified the latest version to replace characters illegal in Windows filenames with % followed by the hex code of the character (like a URL encoding) and to replace % with %% (hopefully that isn't too irritating).

I'll try to produce a version over the weekend for distribution.

Thanks NetMage!!!! You rule!!! I look forward to the new version with great anticipation.

i click on exe file! but nothing happen! help me!

i just got a unlocked iphone fr ma bday. it was unlocked using anySIM
    i want 2 upgrade ma cell 2 V1.1.2 now but the store people said ma iphone could crash or get locked.
    and i already found a anySIM unlock for V1.1.2
    what shoul i do ?
    oh n real nice work on iphone browser, bt i still cant get how 2 add files onto the phone bcuz it js gets hanged every thime i tryed 2 drag-n-drop
    please help me =!

Is this program significantly different than winSCP or Total Commander?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sorry a bit of a nub.

What .NET libraries are necessary and where can I DL them?

Thanks.

"An error has occured during load. Error text: Unable to load DLL 'iTunesMobileDevice.dll':The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESTULT:0x8007007E). The program will now exit, sorry. Please report this online.

Isn't this included in the full install of the program? if not, shouldn't it?
    Last edited by triton_hall; 2008-01-03 at 12:25 AM.

That is an Apple copyrighted DLL. It is part of iTunes.

The program is set to pull the DLL from the standard (US?) iTunes location on your PC.

Can you search your PC for the file and tell me where you found it?

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    Sorry a bit of a nub.

What .NET libraries are necessary and where can I DL them?

Thanks.
    The .Net 2.0 Framework you can install from Windows Update or download from Microsoft is all that is required.

Quote Originally Posted by runningwild View Post
    Is this program significantly different than winSCP or Total Commander?
    iPhoneBrowser uses a special version of the AFC service (AFC2) running on the phone that was the basis for the original jailbreak.

It does not require installation or running of SSH on the phone.

Because it is iPhone specific, it has certain functionality tailored towards iPhone file manipulation - it converts PNG to from iPhone to Windows (close enough) format when copying files. It has a replace command to replace a file on the phone with a different file from your PC. It has a list of stock file locations for easy uploading of books, or NES games, or SummerBoard themes.

Because it is a quick and dirty app (ultimately) with a specific audience, it has some shortcomings as well. Drag and drop only works to the phone. The tree refreshes too often. The program pauses when copying files to the phone. It tends to make lots of backup copies of files.
    And I am sure there are others...
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-01-03 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Exclamation Copying & Pasting files
    Hi. I have just installed iPhoneBrowser and slowly discovering its excellent features. It makes a lot of tasks easier as compared to another SSH program (like WinSCP).

I have one question: Is it possible to copy & paste files (like mp3's and photo jpeg's) into the iphone directory directly from the PC? At present I have to use iTunes for transferring even a single mp3 or photo which is very tedious. I tried thru WinSCP but was not able to figure out how to. Also since there are 2 iPhones in my house it makes the task even more cumbersome with each owner's music choice & photo albums being different and having just a single iTunes software to handle them.

Therefore, it wud be really great if it wud be possible to just drag & drop such files to the iphone. Please tell me if iPhoneBrowser allows that and the extension of the directories to which these files shud go to (if allowed). Thanx a lot.
    Last edited by saifeeab; 2008-01-03 at 02:10 PM.

I'm sorry, but Music and Photos are synced in a special format that iTunes understands and is undocumented.

I doubt if I will be supporting it soon.
    Pocket-sized Development

That is an Apple copyrighted DLL. It is part of iTunes.

The program is set to pull the DLL from the standard (US?) iTunes location on your PC.

Can you search your PC for the file and tell me where you found it?
    I have a same error and i can't open the program. I find that DLL file on the this locatian ;

how can i fix that problem?

I see you are on a non-US version of Windows. By default, iPhoneBrowser uses the localized version of Common Files to locate the .dll. It appears that iTunes does not correctly install the DLL in this location.

Attached is a debug app to help me verify that. Can you run this and post the output?

Also, I have modified the next version of iPhoneBrowser to use the US location if the localized location does not contain the DLL.

Since the DLL search is done by adding a location to the Path, if you copy the dll into the iPhoneBrowser program folder, or add the location to your path, the old version of iPhoneBrowser should find it.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-07-31 at 05:41 AM.
    Pocket-sized Development

Here is the output ;

Hmmm. That looks ok.

I released iPhoneBrowser 1.5 - you can download it here or from
    http://http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser

Can you try that?
    Pocket-sized Development

Hmmm. That looks ok.

I released iPhoneBrowser 1.5 - you can download it here or from
    http://http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser

Can you try that?
    It works great , thanks a lot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"Hi! I am just new here. I also did what the others did, dowloaded the iphone browser exe and the mandana.dll package (thanks to cranium!) and ran the program, but it crashed and showed the microsoft send or don't send error report. And I read that you should put these on the phonedmg directory. Can anybody help me where is it? Is it in the phone or in the itunes files or, i don't really know it. or is phonedmg an abbreviation? Thanks a lot! :-)"

Sorry, I did not read very well. my apologies.. thanks for the great program! :-)
    Last edited by thick; 2008-02-18 at 07:24 AM.

Hi, i'm new to the jailbroken iphone.. i have a otb 1.1.2, upgraded to 1.1.3, then jailbroken with ziphone.

The installer is on the screen, already download couple of stuff.. and now i'm getting into modding my iphone, customizing the screen.. so, i downloaded the iphonebrowser 1.52 and installed, i open and i can see the root of my iphone, but when I click on summerboard it says that cant find the folder, and asks if i'm sure that my phone was jailbroken.. and I've summerboard installed with some themes..

can somebody help me? Thanks
    Last edited by innevada; 2008-02-18 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneBrowser looks for its preset locations in the 1.1.2 /var/root folder instead of checking the 1.1.3 /var/mobile folder first.

I'll work on it after I upgrade my phone
    Pocket-sized Development

Hi. I have to say first that thanx for this great app. has really helped me a lot managing my files for the iphone and comparatively easier than other SCP programs.

But i got a problem now. i recently upgraded to 1.1.2 and since then iphonebrowser doesnt detect my iphone. it gives a message saying that the 'iPhone detected but it is not jailbroken'. I even installed 1.52 but still the same error even though the phone works fine with WinSCP and i got a whole load of apps installed via installer.

Any ideas?? plz help.

My iphone specs: 1.1.1 > 1.1.2
    Modem: 4.02G
    Bootloader: 3.9L (i think)

(sorry if this is a double post )

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast