Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Windows Based File Transfer Program (iPhoneBrowser)!

Default sounds?
    i'm using version 1.2 and i am getting a "unhandled exception has occurred in your application...." error quite frequently. any reason why?
    Last edited by shawnhale05; 2007-08-23 at 10:07 PM.

great program everything works great for except putting up the background.where is that located? demo app?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm00 View Post
    I am running Vista. Do I need to Jailbreak my iPhone? Or is it only Mac's that need to? I broke out before, but had to restore for iTunes/IPhone update and lost ALL contacts and sh*t. So now I'm afraid to jailbreak it again. And if I DO jailbreak it again, will it have to restore for the next update? Or did I have to restore because I changed the version when I broke out?
    Yes, you have to jailbreak. Otherwise you do not have access to all of the files, only a select few in the sandbox area. To help with the restoring, follow this sequence:
    1. Sync your phone normally
    2. Restore your phone without downloading the new update and re-sync.
    3, Download and install the update.

This is the cleanest way to get the updates and ensure Apple doesn't try to detect something in your phone prior to restoring.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnhale05 View Post
    i'm using version 1.2 and i am getting a "unhandled exception has occurred in your application...." error quite frequently. any reason why?
    Do you get any sounds at all? When does it happen? Only when you click sound files? This may be due to your quicktime plugin version. Make sure you put all the files you download in the same location. if it says something about the event log, check the other posts about clearing your event log.

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy View Post
    great program everything works great for except putting up the background.where is that located? demo app?
    The background is complicated...you would think it is just a layer behind the icons, but you have to jump through hoops to get one in place properly. There are some guides above, but I just gave up...it wasn't that important for me.

Default PNG's
    is there a reason why iPhoneBrowser, iBricker and windows in general cant view or make a preview of any of the iPhone's png's? it CAN view the png images in any of the unofficial programs like the NES emulator and stuff. but not the official iphone images. is there a driver or something that windows needs to view this kind of PNG?

Example of my problem...
    http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=helphm9.png

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    is there a reason why iPhoneBrowser, iBricker and windows in general cant view or make a preview of any of the iPhone's png's?
    Yes, APple uses a special format for PNG's, against the spec. I tired to convert them in windows, but it is too complicated for my little VB mind to do. I didn't want to spend hours on it. If someone could port the OS X code to a windows DLL, I'll reference it and preview the PNG's.

See this WIKI: http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Iphone_PNG_images

hey, love the prog. could you consider chmodding of files in a future version?

Cranium,

Have you notice a bug when you minize the app. Whenever, I minimize the app, the upper-right grid is cutt-off when you maximize.

Quote Originally Posted by mgt View Post
    Cranium,

Have you notice a bug when you minize the app. Whenever, I minimize the app, the upper-right grid is cutt-off when you maximize.
    Yes. Same thing when maximizing. I can't seem to find the event that is triggered. Resize is called in the middle of the movement, but not at the end. To fix it, just move one of the dividers or resize the window.

See post re: iPhoneBrowser 1.3 fixes this issue.

im trying to change my carrier logo and cant get it to work? help?

This Program is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Saved me alot of time!

Quote Originally Posted by boxpimp View Post
    im trying to change my carrier logo and cant get it to work? help?
    Consider installing and using customizer on the phone itself...

Would be nice if we could transfer many files at once from the iphone to the PC and the contrary of course. Including folders copy.
    it is quite annoying when you select one music file, it first tries to download it, before being able to actually do a save_as...

The download is done for the preview. I suppose I could add an option to disable preview. Or to cache the transferred file, but that could be risky if you are changing your phone from two browsers or inside the phone at the same time.

The next version handles multi-file copy in both directions.

is there a way to transfer music and movie files from you're iphone to you're pc using this app?

Quote Originally Posted by cranium View Post

I didn't add the ability to delete folders (or create them), I'll add that in a future version. For the new install, make sure the itunesmobiledevice.dll is in the same directory you put the executable in, and make sure your itunes is installed ont he same machine you are trying.

Looking forward to be able to delete folders...

Great job with the app.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ericdraven View Post
    Looking forward to be able to delete folders...

Great job with the app.!!!

This is in version 1.2. Right click the folder, select delete.

I did put in some restrictions, where you have to delete all the files out of the folder first. I did that just to help prevent deleting the wrong folder.

See post for version 1.4 release.

Handles files and folders in most cases (in either direction). Previews and converts Apple PNG to standard PNG (with bad checksum right now, but Windows doesn't care).

Allows deleting folders with files (warns and backs them up).

Creates folders from phone for Summerboard Themes and Customize Themes.

Has options for PNG conversion, skipping Thumbs.db, turning off preview, changing preview background color and turning off delete confirmation.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

vinodis (2007-10-04)

Thank you. Awesome App. If I copy the <application>.app directory in to the /root/applications directory of iPhone, does it mean my native application is installed?. If so, it would help install 3rd party apps which are not found in Installer.app. Please let me know.

You need to copy it into your /Applications folder, not /var/root/applications (?).

However, it is not (yet) possible to set permissions when copying, so you would still need to set executable permissions on the file using something already on the phone (like tapp or MobileTerminal or ssh/dropbear).

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast