Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Windows Based File Transfer Program (iPhoneBrowser)!

Unfortunately I think the i.unlock.no source is down, but someone has added the fix to their source.

If not, in File Mods there are instructions for manually adding afc2 - personally I use MobileTerminal and vi, but I am a masochist

With the loss of i.unlock.no, and the fix not working across firmware versions, I think I will write a simple program to add/remove afc2 which will be useful (hopefully) in 2.0 as well.

Can someone running 2.0 tell me what the afc service looks like in the plist file?
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Cool, well thanks for the help. I'm stuck, so if that afc2 thing works out, that would be great. Thanks again.

Pocket-sized Development

Hello cranium and thank you for your great work.
    I downloaded the .exe file and installed it but ended up with same error message others received " ... unable to load DLL 'iTuneMobileDevice.dll' ...specified model could not be found ...
    Any suggestions?
    Thanx again!

Can you try the test version of iPhoneBrowser 1.60 attached in the test thread?
    Pocket-sized Development

Im jealous.....It looks really really sweet....but I get "An error has occoured during load...." or "iPhoneBrowser has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" no matter how I try it.

Then again I have a 4 day old hacked phone so I am really really new at this.
    Either way it looks friggin awesome =)

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Im jealous.....It looks really really sweet....but I get "An error has occoured during load...." or "iPhoneBrowser has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" no matter how I try it.

Then again I have a 4 day old hacked phone so I am really really new at this.
    Either way it looks friggin awesome =)
    Did you install .net first?

Guys someone please help. I have iPhonebrowser set up and working just fine (jailbroken and everything) and I just wanna drag/drop photos & music from PC to iPhone but I can't seem to do this using iPhonebrowser. Please help. Where can I find the folders to transfer music and photos?

You cant add music and photos this way but for photos it would be Private/Var/Mobile/Library/Media/DCIM
    Last edited by tommy202; 2008-07-26 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy202 View Post
    You cant add music and photos this way but for photos it would be Private/Var/Mobile/Library/Media/DCIM
    Then what is the point of iPhonebrowser if u cant transfer photos or music? Thanks in advance tommy.

The other things you can transfer

Some examples:

Pull your calls or notes or SMS messages database for backup or to use in desktop programs.

Replace the system sounds such as unlock and mail received with custom sounds.

Modify the Wifi icons to have color or the AT&T logo to be the deathstar.

Pull the Weather.app plist and undo the special Weather icon setting that makes it ignore SummerBoard.

Modify the icons for web clips.

Transfer program code to the phone for development testing.
    Pocket-sized Development

Any ideas on the applications folder being an unknown type after installing bosstool? It seems the symlinking of the BSD subsystem is messing with iPhoneBrowser. Any ideas?

I think it is symlinking the entire Applications folder, not just the BSD subsystem.

Without testing personally, it seems that Apple may have changed the afc service to not follow symlinks. I will try to figure out more when I upgrade to 2.0.
    Pocket-sized Development

It worked before I started screwing with apps, so it may be BossPrefs doing the symlink. Not sure. As I posted in the other thread it appears there may be a reliable location.

iPhoneBrowser 1.7 works on x64 vista.
    Last edited by Adplaya; 2008-07-31 at 11:12 PM.

i dont work for me either im running vista h b 32bit

Have you tried version 1.7?
    Pocket-sized Development

Getting the same as some of the others. Program crashes. Running VISTA on an Acer Apsire notebook. Tried several times.

NetMage, I am getting the same error. Running 32 bit Vista. Any thoughts?

Reako

Darn!!!! I downladed what was supposed to be version 1.8 of iPhoneBroswer from this site http://iphonebrowser.software.informer.com/, only the download come up as 1.5. So once again I am back to square one as this too came up with an error. It states version 1.8 will work without jailbreak. The first is, how do I dowload version 1.8 if the downloader is only handing out 1.5?

OK, I went back to this site, iphonebrowser - Google Code, and found the 1.8 version. Now everything works, except what are the files names? WHy don't they relate to something I can understand? Why can't I view my video folder? So many qestions and no answers?
    Last edited by awparran; 2008-10-06 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast