Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDemocracy 2.0 coming ou tomorrow...thoughts??

Banned
    Thanks

Default iDemocracy 2.0 coming ou tomorrow...thoughts??
    i don't know about u but i am pumped for the new iDemocrarcy comign out tomorrow....jailbreak...activate...unlock 1.1.2
    sounds like heaven to me

"Heaven" is right...

Though, an important note I'm trying to get out there: There was a little misunderstanding on the site about unlocking 1.1.2. I meant that it unlocks iPhones upgraded to 1.1.2, or 1.1.2 iPhones bought that still had the old bootloader. It *cannot* unlock iPhones with the new 4.06 bootloader because this is simply impossible at the moment. A fix will be implemented ASAP.

However, you can still totally jailbreak and activate them, I believe.

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Drakenza For This Useful Post:

JMIGUELES (2007-11-16)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenza View Post
    "Heaven" is right...

Though, an important note I'm trying to get out there: There was a little misunderstanding on the site about unlocking 1.1.2. I meant that it unlocks iPhones upgraded to 1.1.2, or 1.1.2 iPhones bought that still had the old bootloader. It *cannot* unlock iPhones with the new 4.06 bootloader because this is simply impossible at the moment. A fix will be implemented ASAP.

However, you can still totally jailbreak and activate them, I believe.
    theres the man that made it all happen

Drakenza,
    Will your jailbreak in iD2 involve downgrading to 1.1.1 and installing oktoprep or is it easier than that? I have tried that with the touchfree method but it didnt work for me so i have been waiting for the release of iD2 in hopes that it will have a simpiler method.

Thanks

Drakenza i had a mishap yesterday. I had to restore my phone and it updated to 1.1.2...now i stuck with 1.1.2 before it was updated, it was unlocked with anySim1.1p
    on tmobile USA....does that mean i have the new bootloader??? and will id2 work. hopefully you can help with your release

@Hackme: Sorry, the only way available so far is OktoPrepping... iD2 will walk you through the whole downgrade/upgrade process, and will finish the jailbreak for you with the Dev Team release.

@JMIGUELES: What FW did it have when you bought it? If it came with 1.1.2 chances are you have the new bootloader. If it came with any other firmware, it likely doesn't have the new bootloader (even if you upgraded to 1.1.2, etc, etc). Downgrade to 1.1.1 and you should be better than fine

Anshu Chimala

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Drakenza
    ok. I have an orignal iphone, had 3rd party 'apps-a-plenty" on it for awhile. Then I updated the firmware to 1.1.2 (don't ask why). Will iDemocracy 2.0 jailbreak my iphone again? Please tell me yes. Thanks.

@soup35: So what is the condition of the iPhone now? Can you even get to the springboard or are you bricked, or locked out, or whatever? iD2 can help you downgrade and upgrade with Oktoprep and do the whole jailbreak and all that wonderful stuff, so don't worry.

Anshu Chimala

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    wow! quick response! nice.

my iphone is in normal "Apple" 1.1.2 condition. Everything works, it's just not jailbroken.

Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

awesome, I can't wait for the release!

quick question please
    i have a fw 1.02 running itunes 7.43 or 7.45 i want to upgrade to 1.1.1
    will democracy upgrade me to 1.1.1 fw and unlock and jail break it for me or just jailbreak it
    i also forgot to mention im using a tmobile sim card that was unlocked with any sim 102 i believe
    thnx

@soup35: Ok, you can downgrade and upgrade and do the whole oktoprepping thing then. iD2 will guide you through this with more detail, if you can wait about 6 hours

@kaspereli: iD2 features a new jailbreak method which is Wi-Fi-less and doesn't require a downgrade. If you are running 1.0.2, you have two options: You can upgrade to 1.1.1 now and then wait for iD2 to do a quick jailbreak; or you can grab iD1.1 or wait for iD2 and do the old symlink way.

Anshu Chimala

i upgraded to 1.1.2 and i was wondering if its necessary to have WiFi to use iD2 for the jailbreak...........

With iD2 you don't need WiFi, just connection via cable.

Anshu Chimala

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

release the APP already! haha. the wait is killing me!!!

I'm looking forward to this, even though I'm on 1.1.1 jailbroken and unlocked, lol. I don't really see the point of 1.1.2, since it doesn't offer really any additional features that I need .. but still .. in case I decide TO upgrade, this is sweet. Can't wait until 6, your time .. wherever you are .. lol

I have an iPhone that is jailbroken and activated on 1.1.2. Will this unlock my iPhone?

Just wait a little while longer! 1hr 50min to go!!

@jdbmac20: Depends on the bootloader. If it's not 4.6, then you're good.

Anshu Chimala

[QUOTE=Drakenza;97175]Just wait a little while longer! 1hr 50min to go!!

Sweet Your Awesome!

Countdown just added two hours, whys that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast