Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itunes 7.5

Default itunes 7.5
    is itunes 7.5 patched in any way to stop iphone hackery? does anyone know?

Can anyone confirm if iPhonebrowser 1.4 still works with iTunes 7.5. I assume it does since it's using the Manzana DLL and not iTunesMobileDevice...but wanted to check.

Why don't you try it yourself??

Reako

Reako,

Unfortunately, I don't have a safe dev platform with which to test. Not suggesting that everyone here does or that folks w/o one take the risk instead of me.

Rather, if folks DO have a low impact means of testing, then I was simply asking the result.

I took the plunge yesterday and installed 7.5 after some research on various sites indicated that it dod not effect the iphone. Can advise that after install I do not have a problem with the iphone. Everything works fine.

I only said that because if you looked in the News section so conveniently placed on the home page there is a thread discussing this exact topic. Do a little research in there and you'll find your answers.

Reako

Hmmm...especially when I'm new to a site, I try to do what you suggest. I thought I scoured the News section pretty well before posting. I saw that folks were successfully able to sync with 7.5 and that Independence no longer worked.

The reason cited for Independence breaking was "changes to the private functions of the mobile device DLL." Since iPhonebrowser also uses this DLL, I thought it might have been affected as well, which is why I posted in the OS Apps section.

As I said, I'm relatively new here so probably missed the post you mentioned...can you pls point me in the right direction to where iTunes 7.5 and iPhonebrowser were discussed?

tks,
    rwr

You will not get far that way.rwr

Quote Originally Posted by rwross View Post
    Hmmm...especially when I'm new to a site,

As I said, I'm relatively new here so probably missed the post you mentioned...can you pls point me in the right direction to where iTunes 7.5 and iPhonebrowser were discussed?

tks,
    rwr
    Here you go RWROSS hope this helps,

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14482

^ Beat me to it. Cheers! Atleast you post in the correct forum looking for an answer.

Reako