Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to install apps on an ijailbroken iphone?

Default how to install apps on an ijailbroken iphone?
    i jailbroke my 1.1.1 iphone using ijailbreak.

i jailbreak installed "installer" on my phone, but it only lists a limited number of apps available for installation. i know there are many, many more, but how do i get them from the intarwebs to my phone?

also, i installed an NES emulator via installer, but when i open it, it promts me to upload ROMs to /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES.

this implies, of course that i'm supposed to have some sort of access to the directories of my iphone, which, using ijailbreak, i don't see that i have that sort of access.

what am i missing here?

Oh man. You must be missing this!

Reako

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

aamodr (2007-11-29)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

dm_hawk (2007-11-04)

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Oh man. You must be missing this!
    If I knew what to search for, I wouldn't have bothered to post.

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Thanks for the link!

It appears there are (quite?) a few steps I need to take before switching the .plist files to gain read/write access.

1. iPhoneBrowser and iBrickr are windows-only - I'm in OSX.
    2. MobileFinder: I tried to install MobileFinder by using iNdependence, but iNdependence requires an IP address to install apps. I don't have wi-fi. In the thread you linked, someone suggests installing MobileFinder via Installer.app, but it isn't named in the (relatively short) list of apps available via Installer.app.

So it seems that in order to install apps which are not listed in Installer.app, I must first be able to install apps which are not listed in Installer.app.

...which brings me back to the original post - what am I missing here?

ok, i figured out what i was missing...

in Installer.app, i had to install the source package "community sources" version 3.0.

installer only displayed a few apps before because it was only showing apps from nullriver.
    once i installed "community sources," a whole plethora of software was available.
    Last edited by dm_hawk; 2007-11-04 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sorry, I must have been too sleepy.

iFuntastic or iNdependance are OS X programs for browsing...
    Last edited by NetMage; 2007-11-05 at 06:21 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

aamodr (2007-11-29)

[QUOTE=dm_hawk;83233]i jailbroke my 1.1.1 iphone using ijailbreak.

i jailbreak installed "installer" on my phone, but it only lists a limited number of apps available for installation. i know there are many, many more, but how do i get them from the intarwebs to my phone?

also, i installed an NES emulator via installer, but when i open it, it promts me to upload ROMs to /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES.

[QUOTE]

Add these sources to installer and you should get more apps for your phone and I think but not sure big boss or 1 of the source has the roms for Nes.

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Lis...taller_Sources

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vincent6396 For This Useful Post:

dm_hawk (2007-11-05)