Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wiToner Free Ringtone Manager for Windows - FREEWARE!

Exclamation wiToner Free Ringtone Manager for Windows - FREEWARE!
    Hi!

I've have "finally" released the first version of my Free Windows <> iPhone Ringtone Manager! You can download it at its website http://235sr.23.funpic.de/wiToner/

It's absolutely free - don't cost 15$ and works fine.

wiToner is also a complete encode for "any" Audio File out there.
    It can convert the following Codecs to AAC 128 kbit/s (used for the ringtones)

MPEG audio layer 2

MPEG audio layer 1/3

AC3

Vorbis

WMA V1/V2

AAC

Microsoft ADPCM

AMV IMA ADPCM

MS IMA ADPCM

QT IMA ADPCM

4X IMA ADPCM

G.726 ADPCM

Duck DK3 IMA ADPCM

Duck DK4 IMA ADPCM

Westwood Studios IMA ADPCM

SMJPEG IMA ADPCM

CD-ROM XA ADPCM

CRI ADX ADPCM

Electronic Arts ADPCM

Creative ADPCM

THP ADPCM

RA144

RA288

RADnet

AMR-NB

AMR-WB

DV audio

Id RoQ DPCM

Interplay MVE DPCM

Xan DPCM

Sierra Online DPCM

Apple MACE 3

Apple MACE 6

FLAC lossless audio

Shorten lossless audio

Apple lossless audio

FFmpeg Sonic

Qdesign QDM2

Real COOK

DSP Group TrueSpeech

True Audio (TTA)

Smacker Audio

WavPack Audio

Cin Audio

Intel Music Coder

Musepack

DT$ Coherent Audio

ATRAC 3

Monkey's Audio

Nellymoser ASAO

wiToner does all the down / upload stuff with USB Docking Station instead using SSH!

I'm not sure, but it could be that it works also with non-jailbreaked iPhones

Works with 1.1.1

wiToner does not delete your Ringtones.plist - it edits the plist File!

More Informations can you find at its website.

I hope that it works for you all.

Feedback wanted!

g
    JdM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JdM23sr For This Useful Post:

gmoney360 (2008-03-07)

Says "COOLXPProgress.ocx" or one of it dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. Any ideas???

i get the same error

Default Bug Fixed!
    Thx! + Sry
    i forgot the ocx controls in the setup script.

ReDownload and install again (no need to uninstall) just install the setup to the same folder as before.

JdM

You can also download the zip, take all 4 "cool..." ocx files, put them in windows\system32 and register them with regsvr32.exe PATH_TO_FILE\cool....ocx
    Last edited by JdM23sr; 2007-10-31 at 04:23 AM.

Sweet Nice Job Man!!!!

everything works....except the ringtone doesn't show up....any help???
    Last edited by trumpjr; 2007-10-31 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Same thing here, Acts like it is gonna go but the progress bar never gets all the way across. THen is asks if it plays? I say no over and over. Never shows up in the list. Will watch for updates.

yup i get the exact same thing!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darrinpruitt View Post
    Same thing here, Acts like it is gonna go but the progress bar never gets all the way across. THen is asks if it plays? I say no over and over. Never shows up in the list. Will watch for updates.
    did you restart your phone?
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lifesmymachine View Post
    did you restart your phone?
    You don't have to restart it. It will show up in the list once you go back into the sounds menu. But in order to save the selection as your ringtone you do need to restart the phone. I am going to assume that the phone is jailbroken and the ringtone dir for jailbroken phones is different.
    Last edited by tallnatt; 2007-10-31 at 10:49 AM.

Exclamation Some further Informations / Help for running wiToner
    Hi!

I have some Tips i will give you to upload ringtones successful.

wiToner assumes that your "root" Directory on the iPhone is the Folder which contains the following Folders

DCIM
    iTunes_Control

It should be /var/root/Media/... (full path)

If you can connect via iphuc to your iPhone and send the 'ls' command you should see the folders above if not - i think - wiToner could not work with your iPhone at the moment.

Please describe which Environment you are in when you give feedback with something that's not working - at least the iPhone stat jailbreaked / or not and the Firmware!

To "i continue uploading - repeat and repeat... - nothing works":
    wiToner has a mechanism - which will check your Feedback "Ringtone playable?" if not, it renames the files, modifies the Ringtones.plist again, removes the old Ringtone Files on your iPhone and upload the new files again. Then in 90% of my Testcases - everything works fine.

i got the best Results - when i have the Music / Ringtone Menu closed while uploading - can anyone confirm this?

I also working on this - to make sure everything will work fine with only one shot.

To ensure that everything will work fine - reboot your iphone after uploading a ringtone.

I will improve all the things - be patient and stay tuned
    JdM

Same thing here...

Pop up message asking me if my ringtones is ok on my iPhone...

Looking in ringtones on the iPhone, no new ringtones...

BTW : very good idea

I am testing it now...

hm....

I could send 1 ringtone, but once you sync with iTunes, ...its gone !!!!

hm....

I could send 1 ringtone, but once you sync with iTunes, ...its gone !!!!
    Last edited by geovass; 2007-10-31 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Thanks for your Feedback
    ok - i working on a method that prevents the Ringtones.plist (+ Ringtones) from being overwritten by iTunes after Sync.

I know currently only one method that could be used for this. If someone knows better - please let me know!

My Way:
    I create a duplicate Ringtone.plist and save this one as Ringtones.plist.OK and then comes this solution from a post in this board:

---

To preserve ringtones after syncing to iTunes:

1. Install FixRingtones.app
    2. Run FixRingtones after each iTunes sync!

You need to have your customized Ringtones.plist saved as Ringtones.plist.OK (located in /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes/).

This is just a small bash script that copies /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes/Ringtones.plist.OK, if it exists, to Ringtones.plist.

---

This is a way where a 3rd party solution is needed - this is'nt the fine way - cause there is also some user interaction needed...

Please help me finding an better way.

QUESTION!
    Does somebody know how to restart the iPhone automatically with iphuc /iphuc-jailbreak.exe / iphonteinterface.exe (NOT SSH) ???

I have still no success finding a solution for this.

The only way i know is to use the BSD Subsystem and the command rebooz - but this requires SSH access / Or`?!

Thx
    JdM

Quote Originally Posted by Obscur909 View Post
    Same thing here...

Pop up message asking me if my ringtones is ok on my iPhone...

Looking in ringtones on the iPhone, no new ringtones...

BTW : very good idea
    i got the same thing over and over and over again, any updates with that problem?

same here when sync ringtone gone..

would be nice if uploaded.to didnt suck total ***. Dude use anything else to share this... a torrent.. hell even rapidshare. I cant download from that site. It loops back to the original type in the 3 letter code page every time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pleyah69bjay View Post
    same here when sync ringtone gone..
    Did you read the last page?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JdM23sr View Post
    Hi!

I've have "finally" released the first version of my Free Windows <> iPhone Ringtone Manager! You can download it at its website http://235sr.23.funpic.de/wiToner/

It's absolutely free - don't cost 15$ and works fine.

wiToner is also a complete encode for "any" Audio File out there.
    It can convert the following Codecs to AAC 128 kbit/s (used for the ringtones)

wiToner does all the down / upload stuff with USB Docking Station instead using SSH!

I'm not sure, but it could be that it works also with non-jailbreaked iPhones

Works with 1.1.1

wiToner does not delete your Ringtones.plist - it edits the plist File!

More Informations can you find at its website.

I hope that it works for you all.

Feedback wanted!

g
    JdM
    JdM,

Here is my feedback. Pursuant to your product "wiToner":

http://235sr.23.funpic.de/wiToner/

...my name is Andrew Welch, and I'm the president of Ambrosia Software, Inc., the company that created iToner:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/itoner/

While we welcome your product to the market, we cannot and will not allow you to rip off the trademarked name "iToner", and we certainly will not allow you to rip off the copyrighted artwork we created for our product iToner.

I've downloaded your "wiToner" product, and you ripped off the copyrighted artwork we created for iToner pixel for pixel, merely pasting a "w" (in the wrong font, I might add) onto "your" product.

Consider this formal notice that we expect you to cease and desist using the name "wiToner" and moreover, we expect you to cease and desist using the copyrighted artwork from our iToner product in your product immediately.

Again, we wish you the best of luck with your product; but we will pursue all means available should you continue blatantly ripping off our intellectual property.

Regards,

Andrew Welch
    el Presidente
    Ambrosia Software, Inc.
    Andrew Welch / el Presidente / http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/

Arrow JdM's Statement
    Hello Andrew,

at first:
    i respect your work, your copyrights and trademarks and so on - so I have released Version 0.0.30 of my "Product" with new name "RingmiTone".

All Graphics and also the name was replaced with our own graphic-material and the new name RingmiTone.

I would have never thought that your company will take note of wiToner. So I am happy that you write to me personally.

I wouldn't and couldn't mess up with your company cause RingmiTone is FREEWARE and does not cost anything - so i hope that all misunderstandings cleared now.

Best Regards
    JdM

RingmiTone - Your FREE Windows <> iPhone Ringtonemanager!
    http://235sr.23.funpic.de/RingmiTone/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast