Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyway to transfer music from phone to computer?

Default Anyway to transfer music from phone to computer?
    I recently reformatted my computer and I couldn't save any of the files I had, but they are on my iphone.

I know iphonebrowser lets you tranfer folders/files, but they don't have the names of the song/artist/album. Only something like "JSUZ" in folder "F00".

If I were transfer all of the data onto my computer, and then sync with itunes, would it correct itself?

If there's any other way to sync music FROM the phone to the computer I'd love to know

Also if this is in the wrong section, please move it to the appropriate one.

Thank you

Yes. The app is called iPod Access. It works perfectly. I just had the exact same situation as you with a format and this saved me. It's not a free app, but if you are into that kind of thing you can PM me for a way around that .

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madrigal77 For This Useful Post:

anmiller07 (2008-04-24), Darkadious (2008-04-29)

Also there is Senuti (for OS X) which works great for me. Not sure if it works on the touch, but it has with my Video and Nano before.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkadious View Post
    I recently reformatted my computer and I couldn't save any of the files I had, but they are on my iphone.

I know iphonebrowser lets you tranfer folders/files, but they don't have the names of the song/artist/album. Only something like "JSUZ" in folder "F00".

If I were transfer all of the data onto my computer, and then sync with itunes, would it correct itself?

If there's any other way to sync music FROM the phone to the computer I'd love to know

Also if this is in the wrong section, please move it to the appropriate one.

Thank you
    Just copy them using iphonebrowser
    To live, you have to lie

im in a similar situation I need to get my music off my iphone. I do not want to buy software is there any way to get my music off without jailbreaking my phone. any help????????

you can transfer purchases if your computer doesn't recognize your iphone

Default iphone
    thanks but im looking for a way to transfer my music from my iphone to my new computer without purchasing software. please help

I had to do this a few weeks ago as my hard drive corrupted..
    I used diskAid to rip my music from iphone.. you don't need to be jailbroken either, but why wouldn't you want to be?

DiskAid is free.. Avail here DiskAid - Transfer Files betwen your Computer and your iPhone or iPod Touch. Disk Mode for your iPhone and iPod Touch.

your music on your phone is stored in var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music & folder names are F1, F2 etc/..

Then i used tagscanner to automatically rename all of the tracks from the random letters that itunes changes them to (like HFKSMF) back to the original tracknames, it will update everything automatically, saves hours!

Tagscanner from here. Free to download.. TagScanner - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Then open your fresh install of itunes and import the music.. job done -- hope it helps
    Last edited by lovemygti; 2009-02-22 at 08:07 PM.

SharePod.

FULLY FREE AND WORKS PERFECTLY.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kvizzel View Post
    SharePod.

FULLY FREE AND WORKS PERFECTLY.

I just checked out that website. I hope this works well with some emulation in Linux and I think my problem is solved. Haha.

Darkadious, you will learn more info on iPod/iPhone to computer software with this blog.

Lately I tried CT3. Did the job with my iPhone 3G.

Thanks

SSH into your iPhone to User/iTunes_Control/Music

the track names are jumbled up, but transfer them to your hard drive, then re-add them to your iTunes library and all the names magically reappear.

You dont need any fancy software to do this.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

15. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2009-03-20)

Has anyone got a method for 3.0? I haven't tried anything, but I doubt any apps will work for this and obviously you can't SSH...

Just haven't had enough free time to play with it yet.

Thanks

the guy who discovered the tethering manage to get into the framework, either devs have special access or iphone browser on windows still works?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

SharePod works perfectly. Use it.
    -btung

i gotz this whole coding thing down