Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Ringtone Utility for Windows

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Updates
    I'm working on an update for this so that you wont loose your currently purchased ringtones or any ringtones you might want to keep. Some of the items I hope to add are listed below.

TODO
    -BU plist
    -edit plist
    -improve IP address input
    -validate IP addresses
    - "." key press continues to next field
    - numbers only
    -default password in password field
    -Create help file

Default Curious
    I'm curious...

Why are you limiting the ability to upload your .plist and media files to jailbroken phones instead of using the .NET API used by iphonebrowser.

Sorry if this comes across as critical...not my intent...just wondering.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rwross View Post
    I'm curious...

Why are you limiting the ability to upload your .plist and media files to jailbroken phones instead of using the .NET API used by iphonebrowser.

Sorry if this comes across as critical...not my intent...just wondering.
    I don't know anything about what API the iPhonebrowser used. But I will look into it and make an attempt at implementing it in an update.

I'm not (as you probably noticed) a great programmer I just do it for fun from time to time. I saw an oportunity to make something useful that I figured you guys would could use to make adding ringtones to your iPhones a little easier.

I don't take your comments negatively and I apreciate the input. I hope to take my limited skills to learn more and make a useful application for everyone.

Default Tallnatt
    Here's a link to the Google Code page for iPhonebrowser. The author provides a credit and link to the Manzana.dll he usess to gain access to the iPhone. Following that link provides the API.

http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/

As for your programming skills; yours are infinitely better than mine and I very much appreciate folks who make freeware for their community. Personally, I think there is always room for elegant, commercial products like iToner AND more edgy homegrown solutions like yours.

Keep at it and thanks again...
    Last edited by rwross; 2007-10-21 at 06:05 PM.

My ip address ends in .1.000 and this application only lets you enter in 000.000.000.000
    anybody know a fix?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcaro View Post
    My ip address ends in .1.000 and this application only lets you enter in 000.000.000.000
    anybody know a fix?
    just use the arrow keys to go over to the side

it will look like kinda like this
    255.144.__1.200
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Green Apple
    Thanks

for IP address with only 1 digit in the octet you need to enter 001. for example 192.168.1.100 you would enter 192.168.001.100 this will be fixed in the next release. I am almost finished with it I am just working on backing up the old ringtone files and plist and creating a help file. It might be out tommorow.

Also I am working on manzana integration so SSH will not be nessesary. if anybody has used the manzana.dll API with vb.net I could use some help. I got it to work with C# but not vb.net. iphonebrowser was coded in VB.net using manzana so i know its possible. thanx in advance.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigosales View Post
    It works fine !! Thanks !

The only problem is Itunes sync... Replaced Ringtones.plist
    Try this.. http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Pre...n_iPhone_1.1.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just finished the update. The new version is located at the link below:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1258

Quote Originally Posted by tallnatt View Post
    I just finished the update. The new version is located at the link below:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1258
    awesome... awaiting approval.

Great App. I tried them all. I think this is the simplest one.
    Some suggestions.
    - instead of recreating the .plist file. There should be an option to select which song don't play. That way the program would create an entire file again. Just modify the ones that are not working.
    - Back up file or Restore file. I guess the plist file will be erased as soon as you sync the phone.
    - Maybe, if possible something an Add function. Instead of creating a new file, something that just add a new ringtone. Instead of starting from the Beginning.

TallNatt, i know this is a working progress. I am not criticizing , just giving you constructive feedback. My opinion, this is the best one is available right now.

Thanks.... hope it helps!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicoflo View Post
    Great App. I tried them all. I think this is the simplest one.
    Some suggestions.
    - instead of recreating the .plist file. There should be an option to select which song don't play. That way the program would create an entire file again. Just modify the ones that are not working.
    - Back up file or Restore file. I guess the plist file will be erased as soon as you sync the phone.
    - Maybe, if possible something an Add function. Instead of creating a new file, something that just add a new ringtone. Instead of starting from the Beginning.

TallNatt, i know this is a working progress. I am not criticizing , just giving you constructive feedback. My opinion, this is the best one is available right now.

Thanks.... hope it helps!
    playlist editing is going to be added next. I thought about only changing the songs that don't play but I thought it would be too much user intervention but I will try it and see how it works and maybe the next release will have it. THe file gets backed up everytime you sync the playlist. the folder is timestamped so you know which backup is yours. I will implement a restore feature next release.Resyncing of Itunes wipes out the plist regardless of what program you use no way at the moment to get around that (yes i tried to rename the plist file and create an alias and it doesnt work). but anyway thanx for the input.

I tried selecting a song and the only format I can select is .m4a

Is there a way I can convert my .mp3's to .m4a to get them to my iPhone using this program?

thanks

Angelo921,

You can do it in itunes. right click (if Windows) look at the menu, it should say "Convert to ACC." That's an *.m4a file.

If you don't have that available, in itunes, go to Edit/Pref/Advance tab/Importing tab and select the correct file format (ACC).

You should be ok.

tallnat,

I was thinking that by adding the feature of selecting the songs that don't play. When the user runs again create playlist, the iRinger, will only modify does exact files. In my case, I uploaded 8 songs; which only the phone was able to play 5. I never got all of them running (I tried many.... many times). So I decided to manually change the name of the files and list in order to get them playing. Something similar to what is posted in the ringtone tutorial.

With regards of the backup, i was not able to see any files in the folder and it was no clear how it worked. What it did is to create my personal back up file with the file names and list.

I think the restore list will be the best feature. It simplifies everything.

Ahh... Before i forget. I am sure some users have bought ringtones in iTunes. I could be nice that instead of erasing completely the old plist file. The new playlist will integrate the old one. Probably this will simplify the backup and the add song feature.

Glad to and hoping it helps.

Keep it up man
    Last edited by nicoflo; 2007-10-29 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what would I use for the username and password when trying to send to the iphone? I left it as it is and just put in my IP but nothing was sent.
    Last edited by Angelo921; 2007-10-29 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Depends of the firmware. If 1.0.2 user root, pass dottie. if 1.1.1 user root, pass alpine. Be sure to have SSH installed. if not it won't work.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Also this is for 1.1.1 phones so if it is 1.0.2 or less it will not connect with the default password (alpine).

i just sent my ringtone to my phone and it showed up but it doesnt play, how come?

Exclamation wiToner Free Ringtone Manager for Windows - FREEWARE!
    Hi!

I've have "finally" released the first version of my Free Windows <> iPhone Ringtone Manager!

It's absolutely free - don't cost 15$ and works fine.

wiToner is also a complete encoder for "any" Audio File out there.
    It can convert the following Codecs to AAC 128 kbit/s (used for the ringtones)

More Infos here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ngtone+windows

JdM

I noticed that sometimes when I try to upload multiple songs, it ends up giving a few of them the same GUID. This results in one of the songs showing up multiple times, and the others with the same GUID not showing up at all. I'm not sure how your program generates the GUID, possibly by the beginning of the file name? If I manually change the GUIDs of the ringtones.plist before uploading it, I don't get the duplicates. However, I still have trouble getting all of them to play. I'm going to try manually fixing the few songs that don't work when I initially upload them. That way I don't have to go though the trouble of changing the GUIDs. Hopefully I'll be able to get all 7 of my ringtones working one of these days!

Here's a link on how to manually install ringtones incase other people are having the same problem that I'm having. http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Fre...n_iPhone_1.1.1
    And here's one on preventing itunes from copying over your modified ringtones.plist
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Pre...n_iPhone_1.1.1

Thank you for writing this program, it helps out a ton! Hopefully you'll be able to fix the duplicate GUID problem along with adding the ability to modify your current ringtones.plist iinstead of having to make a new one everytime. Thanks again for the program!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast