Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Add Photo (Jiggy based)

Default [RELEASE] Add Photo (Jiggy based)
    First RELEASE

this is the description..

This application will move all the photos stored in /private/var/root/photos to the camera roll. If you dont have the camera roll, then it will be created.

Because of the problem of adding photos to my iPod in a easy way... this app will help me a lot

Probably... more features with future releases... I have some ideas for this app...

Ok, the App is some kind of ready... hehehe

I made some tests and works great... things you should know:

1.- The name of the images that you upload to /private/var/root/photos must don't have spaces on it

2.- When you press the Move Button... you won't see nothing but it will be working... so depending on the size and the number of images... it should take some time to move the pictures so.. please don't mess with the ipod/iphone when is working... when it finishes you will see a message and then you can exit the app

3.- OH! I almost forgot... you need the Jiggy Runtime... you can find it adding this Source to your installer:
    http://jiggyapp.com/i

4.- aaah another thing... Some credits for iSpazio and A27 DevTeam creators of IMGSaver... take some ideas from that app... and the Add Camera Roll thing...

This is the app:

Firmware Versions 1.1.3 - 1.1.4
    http://www.rodall.com/Add%20Photo.zip

Firmware Versions 1.1.1 - 1.1.2
    http://www.rodall.com/Add%20Photo-fw1-2.zip

you know... download, extract and put in Applications Directory... I will be trying to put the app on a repository... but first I need some people to test the app... don't worry... is safe...

so... what do you think?

Last edited by xPantherx; 2008-03-31 at 09:15 PM.

what would be the use of such an app? dont mean to sound rude if it has a good use i want to know
    Last edited by rasbill; 2008-03-30 at 07:39 PM.

could this be modified so that it would move the pictures stored in the mms folder created with swirly mms?

Even better, can you make this app take the music you download with the download plugin or downloads folder and put it in the IPOD that would be so cool

Thanks
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

I see its purpose very well. For MMS and a couple of other programs the picture directory is from the camera roll and not photos, so the only photos that you can really use have to be on camera roll, which if you're like me, you erase your pics and send them to photos instead of leaving them on the roll when you sync. I love the program. Very necessary. Thanks

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Even better, can you make this app take the music you download with the download plugin or downloads folder and put it in the IPOD that would be so cool

Thanks
    Already done! there is a program called MNPlight that does this remarkably well. Infact it even lets you swap out your original itunes library so what you add to ur new itunes database will not affect the main one.

Mazor

Hmm, just tested your program out. It displays the directory of picture to copy inside, and status says copy complete, go see in photos, but when I go inside. My camera roll is still got the same images I took with the iphone cam, and no additional images anywhere to be found. It even takes time like you said depending on how many images you copy into that directory.

Please advise now wher are those images, so I can delete them off, haha suspect it has been copyied somewhere taking up space but not in the correct area or linking?

The new images is not in the /var/root/media/DCIM directory either.

even more strange, I tryed doing a search for "jpg" all the original camera roll images come up, but the images supposed to be copeid have cm pletely dissapear
    firmware version 1.1.2 is what I am using

mazor
    Last edited by mazor; 2008-03-30 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MAZOR do you have instructions how to do this, put songs in DL to Itunes please you can share with MPnlight

thanks so much
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasbill View Post
    what would be the use of such an app? dont mean to sound rude if it has a good use i want to know
    this app has lots of potential hopefuly in the future we se it used for such things as: moving mxtube videos to video section, safari plugin downloads to the correct spot and moving mms pics so you dont need to look at them with mobile finder and mobile preview and more! just like that little demo null-river released of the quake model people realized what the phone can do and made thing like yeti 3d and pacman 3d
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

MAZOR do you have instructions how to do this, put songs in DL to Itunes please you can share with MPnlight

thanks so much
    quite simple, after installing MNPlight, load it up, It will load up an internal web page in safari.

Remember though to start off with, to not damage your existing playlist from itunes, scroll to the bottom, of the page and declare a new computer. I called my "upload"

Once you have done this, switch itunes computer to "uploads" and start importing music

Scroll back to the top

Now there should be a place for you to type in director where you have saved your MP3's off the web using the safari plugin, for most this will be

/var/root/Downloads

thats it!!

You will need to restart the Ipod application everytime you swap itunes librarys or add songs to the "upload" library. To do this load up the ipod application after swapping or adding songs, and hold the home button for 6 seconds, this will close ipod application rather than putting it to sleep.

Enjoy

Mazor

oh , anyone test out this app out yet?

I cant get it to put images into camera roll, please help.

MAzor
    Last edited by mazor; 2008-03-31 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heyy!!! Wtz up !! hahaha sorry but... you know... weekend release... haha I was taking care of my social life... I love your opinions and ideas... now I'm sure that there will be more releases of this app... hahaha... ok... lets see

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    Hmm, just tested your program out. It displays the directory of picture to copy inside, and status says copy complete, go see in photos, but when I go inside. My camera roll is still got the same images I took with the iphone cam, and no additional images anywhere to be found. It even takes time like you said depending on how many images you copy into that directory.

Please advise now wher are those images, so I can delete them off, haha suspect it has been copyied somewhere taking up space but not in the correct area or linking?

The new images is not in the /var/root/media/DCIM directory either.

even more strange, I tryed doing a search for "jpg" all the original camera roll images come up, but the images supposed to be copeid have cm pletely dissapear
    firmware version 1.1.2 is what I am using

mazor
    Really sorry men... I just get my iPod and I have it with 1.1.3, I was investigating... and it looks like the paths are diferent for the 1.1.2, 1.1.1, etc... so.. I think that only works with 1.1.3 - 1.1.4 , but I promise to make one for your 1.1.2... if someone can tell me where the pictures should be stored for the camera roll in 1.1.2... it won't be a problem.... actually the app save the pictures on /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE

Quote Originally Posted by djmace View Post
    could this be modified so that it would move the pictures stored in the mms folder created with swirly mms?
    Of course men... but... you know... I have an iPod 32Gb not an iPhone... so I have no idea where is that mms folder... if you give me a path and you want to make some tests... I promise you to include a button for that...

Thanks
    wooow... hahaha that's some really hard stuff.... I buy my iPod a month ago... this is my first app... I'm developing alone... the thing is... you need to mess with the library and do some other rare things to do that... so... maybe in the future... maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    this app has lots of potential hopefuly in the future we se it used for such things as: moving mxtube videos to video section, safari plugin downloads to the correct spot and moving mms pics so you dont need to look at them with mobile finder and mobile preview and more! just like that little demo null-river released of the quake model people realized what the phone can do and made thing like yeti 3d and pacman 3d
    yeah!! I think that too... I will be cheking the mxtube stuff... there is a lot of posibilities... I like the ideas... give me more

just one last thing... I hope my english is not too bad... hahaha I normally used to speak spanish hahahaha

aaah another last thing... hahaha, if you like the app... please give me a thanks
    Last edited by xPantherx; 2008-03-31 at 06:44 AM.

I immediately thought aobut the 1.1.3-1.1.4 storing differently from 1.1.2

tried looking for the /var/mobile/Media/DCIM but the directory is not even visible, strange eh. Wonder where the images are going...

Mazor

Ok huys, for those with 1.1.2 or lower firmware, you must create a link between root and mobile

I used SSHFS to create a link from /var/root/Media/DCIM to /var/mobile/Media/

so essentially a DCIM link directory is created in the /var/mobile/Media/ directory which points to /var/root/Media/DCIM

Thanks for the tip xPantherx, now I too can enoy importing images from all over the place, hehehe

EDIT

Something is not working. It only rasferred the first time, no the images do not appear, even after restating iphone!

back to the drawing board I guess.

Mazor
    Last edited by mazor; 2008-03-31 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    I immediately thought aobut the 1.1.3-1.1.4 storing differently from 1.1.2

tried looking for the /var/mobile/Media/DCIM but the directory is not even visible, strange eh. Wonder where the images are going...

Mazor

Ok huys, for those with 1.1.2 or lower firmware, you must create a link between root and mobile

I used SSHFS to create a link from /var/root/Media/DCIM to /var/mobile/Media/

so essentially a DCIM link directory is created in the /var/mobile/Media/ directory which points to /var/root/Media/DCIM

Thanks for the tip xPantherx, now I too can enoy importing images from all over the place, hehehe

EDIT

Something is not working. It only rasferred the first time, no the images do not appear, even after restating iphone!

back to the drawing board I guess.

Mazor
    Just to be sure... are you considering the 100APPLE directory??? because you have to make the link from 100APPLE directory on this path: /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE, to the actual img directory on your firmware...

by the way... I wonder if there is a way to put this app into the modmyi repo...
    Last edited by xPantherx; 2008-03-31 at 04:11 PM.

Yup, the link redirects the whole DCIM directory, just in case a 101Apple directory is created..

Will try more tests shortly. Strange how it worked the first time link was creatd, but then never again after.

Mazor

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

so this apps makes it so you can move your albums over to the camera roll? Say I have a picture under my daughters album, I can move over a picture to the camera roll and use it as a picture for my house number so it shows up when i get a call from my house???

if so this is great, which means i dont have to take pics of all my contacts through my iphone...

can anyone share that MNPLight app with me... i tried to install the source for it, but can't find the app in installer...

ok mazor... I'm releasing a version for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2... check it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    so this apps makes it so you can move your albums over to the camera roll? Say I have a picture under my daughters album, I can move over a picture to the camera roll and use it as a picture for my house number so it shows up when i get a call from my house???

if so this is great, which means i dont have to take pics of all my contacts through my iphone...

can anyone share that MNPLight app with me... i tried to install the source for it, but can't find the app in installer...
    I supose that you have the picts on your PC... so you can upload the pictures you want on the camera roll, to the /private/var/root/photos/ directory with ftp or SSH, then run this app... and the picts will be on the camera roll... I will check if I can make something like you're saying... move picts you already have on albums to the camera roll...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

oh okay... i thought thats what this up did, my bad brotha... lol...ill try it out when i get home tonight from work... thanks again...

so i went ahead and tried this app... put my photos in private/var/root/photos/... i didnt have a photos folder, so i made one... is this correct? running on 1.1.4...

i have about 3 pictures in there and none of them have spacing in the names... i hit the "start moving" button and i get an error message... here is a screenshot of it...

Last edited by Gom33; 2008-03-31 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thx xPantherx will test it right now

This is exciting

MAzor

hmm, looks like it is working better now.

But...

I get a Jiggy error window after it converts one image over

It reads something like this

javascript error 'ReferenceErrorb is not defined in 'var/Applications/AddPhoto.app/main.js' at line 159:

Afterward, it acts as though it has failed to convert an image, but when I go to image roll, the first image in the list converts successfully. and inside the /var/root/photos directory, the first image converted is now "moved" leaving the rest behind.

So I guess for the meantime, I just keep reloading the application, and it will process one image at a time

Mazor
    Last edited by mazor; 2008-03-31 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    oh okay... i thought thats what this up did, my bad brotha... lol...ill try it out when i get home tonight from work... thanks again...

so i went ahead and tried this app... put my photos in private/var/root/photos/... i didnt have a photos folder, so i made one... is this correct? running on 1.1.4...

i have about 3 pictures in there and none of them have spacing in the names... i hit the "start moving" button and i get an error message... here is a screenshot of it...
    did you see the files listed on the Contents page??? ... other thing... please be sure that there is no other files on that directory.. only jpg pictures, and be sure you download the 1.1.3 -1.1.4 version

Oh xPantherx, hope this is not too much to ask, but was wondering if you could make a command line version for this program.

it could be like this in terminal:

# addphoto /var/mobile/Media/MMSfiles/blah.img

that way I could put images into imageroll, from any directory in the iphone.

Many thx

Also you could submit to Cydia to get your program put into their repositories so that people could just type in terminal

eg. apt-get install addphoto

or use graphical cydia installer, which ever easier.

kind regards and many thx

Mazor

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xPantherx View Post
    did you see the files listed on the Contents page??? ... other thing... please be sure that there is no other files on that directory.. only jpg pictures, and be sure you download the 1.1.3 -1.1.4 version

the contents page was blank... the only files in there are JPG files and i downloaded from the first link which i believe was for 1.1.3-1.1.4...

thanks again...
    raphael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast