Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UPDATED: PDF/CHM/DOC/XLS/photo viewer (original script by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just a reminder here. You may also wanna try the "WildEyes! for Safari", which potentially would be a better solution than this script (although till now it still doesn't have some functions of this script). Go and look for it in Installer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kane.lai For This Useful Post:

x999x (2008-04-06)

Quote Originally Posted by kane.lai View Post
    Just a reminder here. You may also wanna try the "WildEyes! for Safari", which potentially would be a better solution than this script (although till now it still doesn't have some functions of this script). Go and look for it in Installer.
    Thanks, will do, but I'm a person who enjoys little homebrew work-arounds like this. I appreciate all that you've done to help!

--

Edit

Just gave Wildeyes a go, and it has a nag screen asking for donations Furthermore you are nagged every time u launch the app to view more files, because it simply sends whatever file you chose to safari and to view another file you need to exit safar and relaunch wildeyes :T
    Last edited by x999x; 2008-04-06 at 08:44 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haha that's why i said the program is not yet better than the script. If it can embed the Safari function into the program (like ActiveX in Windows), it would be much better.

finally figure it out how to access the files without being on Wifi
    I actually saw this on Apache page: Airplane mode.

^Actually, you should always be able to access those files. You only need to be on some network if you're trying to access it through "localhost". But going to 127.0.0.1 should always work.

Kane, one user asked if it's possible to play mp3 files from Safari.

One option would be a fake "streaming" inside Safari, and the other one would be calling Erica's Send File which can play mp3 files? What do you think about implementing it?
    Last edited by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-; 2008-04-11 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

mp3, aac, mp4 and any other audio and video formats that the phone supports play just fine. I do it all the time. Give it a try.

BTW, -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- and kane -- nice job expanding and improving the original GUI! You might want to add icons (and into the array) for:

mp3, aac, mp4, m4v, htm, html

Right now html is excluded by the dirlist, but of course, Safari is fine with that type as well.... =)
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 2008-04-12 at 04:57 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry all. I would suspend the development of the script until further notice, as my iPod touch was stolen yesterday (along with my backpack, my phone and my purse, etc T_T)!! Probably I would buy another new iPod touch when I receive my salary this month.

hey,
    feeling sad for you.
    thanks
    1.1.4 Winpwned ----> 2.0 Winpwned

Baseband- 04.05.04_G
    Bootloader- 3.9 (1.0.2 OOTB)
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    GPRS - Yes
    YouTube - Yes

Sorry to hear that Kane

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just bought an iPod touch. (Originally I expect to buy another after I got my salary, however, I can't bear a day without an iPod ) After jailbreaking and setting up it, hope I can return to the community and start working on the script soon.

New family member has arrived!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Version 1.5 is out. Check the first post.

Thanks again for your work, but with 1.5 certain files provoke a "404 - Not found". It looks like a filename containing more than one word/letter/number is crucial for this issue. Could you please repost the 1.32 version?
    Last edited by benne; 2008-04-19 at 03:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Version 1.5.1 is out, fixing this bug. Sorry for my careless mistake.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kane.lai For This Useful Post:

benne (2008-04-19)

Hi, newbie here. Great thread, very useful. I Uninstalled the good-old wild eyes pdf viewer and after that: kaboom! no more 127.0.0.1 Instead of that the only thing i could see was that awful 404 error.

Just download the file attached in the first post and rewrite the lighttpd.config in usr/local/etc and the magic is back.

Thanks a lot and excuse me for the bad english!

Hi,

This script is great.

Is there any setup instruction for apache server ?

How to modify the httpd.conf in order to make this run ?

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hello all...I installed version PDF/DOC/XLS Viewere 1.3.1 using Installer from the MMI source...will it be updated as well.

Thanks...

Or can I simple change the script?
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-05-27 at 05:45 AM.

I'd been using WildEyes for this function, but having to restart the app (as opposed to using the 'back' button now) was irritating, not to mention the nag screen.

So thank you for this! And thanks to anyone else involved in creating this.

One question though. Is there any way to access files in the (larger) /var/mobile/ directories? WildEyes can do this, but that's perhaps because it creates a file in a 'temp' directory so it can be opened?

Also, apologies if this has been explained before, but is it possible to change the default directory? If I click on 'library' (the root) I get a message 'Your Web Server to Go' with an image on a black backdrop. My files are actually in Library/documents/. Having that as my default directory would be easier...

I can foresee having too many files in the current location...

You can make a symbolic link in order to enter into /var/Mobile folder.

Open terminal on iPhone, navigate to /var/root/Sites folder and when there type this:

Code:
    ln -s /var/mobile ./Mobile
    You can rename ./Mobile to yor liking, ie. ./root or something else that will make sense to you

Default any hopes for video support?
    Unable to get mp4 & m4v video files playing.. any hope for this script supporting video?

.mp4 there's a javascript popup that says tap the icon to the left, but nothing happens.
    .m4v the video player opens, then gives a prompt explaining it cannot open the movie.

mimetypes are set according to those listed on apple's site and files are under 10mb.

".m4v" => "video/x-m4v",
    ".mp4" => "video/mp4",
    Last edited by krisbfunk; 2009-03-24 at 05:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast