Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keep WiFi on while iPhone is in standby or asleep

Default Keep WiFi on while iPhone is in standby or asleep
    I've been looking around and can't seem to find a solution that works. Basically I use remote messages for iOS8 so I can text via my web browser through the WiFI. However when the phone goes to sleep after the display turns off that kills the WiFi connection so I can't use it. One solution is to keep it plugged in but I really don't want to have to keep it plugged in just to use this especially when it has pretty good battery life. I've tried KeepAwake and that did nothing and then found a VPN app that didn't work either. Anyone else know of anything can help me keep the WiFi on at all times?

Thanks for all the idea's and suggestions

I'll give that a shot and let you all know what happens

That didn't work, any other ideas?

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't help you add I've never had this feature that I have noticed. Sorry. The only reason I can think of for this is that I have data permanently turned off, but that's a deal breaker for most people.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

I'm not sure but I paid for an app like Remote Messages 8 and when I want to text I have to wake up the phone. I did a pay later on Pay Pal so maybe I'll dispute it or something as the dev doesn't seem to answer.

Disputed the charge for the app. This is why I really hate buying apps first. Some devs make and app and never reply back or provide support.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, hate that. I still see apps not optimized for the iPhone 5 every now and then and it just makes me shake my head.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!