Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]

Tonight's look.

I had time to cleanup my first effort. This version is much crisper now.

Space Blueberry without iconOmatic:

Space Blueberry with an overlay and shadow:

Here's the new iconOmatic theme:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/al8lv4my24qquis/Boxee.zip

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ag92 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-20), It's Mi (2014-01-21)

That looks sweet on the phone bro. Sorry for being harsh on the previous version. This is like night and day.

Clock and newsstand won't take the overlay tho.
    Last edited by Just Dummy; 2014-01-20 at 08:05 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just Dummy For This Useful Post:

ag92 (2014-01-20), Alfroggy (2014-01-20)

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

okay, made shadows for my theme 77 and will add it to the official version. Thank you guys.

Just the Overlay is useless for this kind of icons. I would appreciate if the overlay wouldn't affect already themed icons, only unthemed icons, maybe optional ? Currently i can't create a real icons mask as it would destroy the look of all finished icons

Last edited by Blue; 2014-01-20 at 11:37 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ag92 View Post
    Tonight's look.

I had time to cleanup my first effort. This version is much crisper now.

Space Blueberry without iconOmatic:

Space Blueberry with an overlay and shadow:

Here's the new iconOmatic theme:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/al8lv4my24qquis/Boxee.zip

where do you have to put that folder in iFile?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    okay, made shadows for my theme 77 and will add it to the official version. Thank you guys.

Just the Overlay is useless for this kind of icons. I would appreciate if the overlay wouldn't affect already themed icons, only unthemed icons, maybe optional ? Currently i can't create a real icons mask as it would destroy the look of all finished icons

Because apple now themes all icons it's not possible. There is no way for us to know what icon is themed or not. Just like with iOS 6 and AppStore icons. You would have to make you icons to use the mask.

The best way to do it is make all your icons minus the overlay affects

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

ag92 (2014-01-20), Blue (2014-01-21), It's Mi (2014-01-21), metaserph (2014-01-20), NewD (2014-01-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

THis theme of yours, Blue (awesome by the way!!) is already too far finished at this point. You theme creators will have to make ALL icons UNMASKED in future theme creations to take advantage of iconOmatic.

It remains to be seen if the main Theme Creators, you included, will adopt iconOmatic as your main way of adding shadow and beautiful masks like we had in iOS6 - or if you'll want to build them into every icon from the start. But there's no way to apply iconOmatic to ONLY unthemed icons now in iOS7. It's either ALL icons unmasked from the start (mask made for iconOmatic) - or ALL icons have to be pre-made with the mask of your choosing in PhotoShop.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-01-20 at 05:13 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Blue (2014-01-21)

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    That looks sweet on the phone bro. Sorry for being harsh on the previous version. This is like night and day.

Clock and newsstand won't take the overlay tho.
    Thanks for the follow up comments. And yes, it was a bit harsh before but I know you've got an amazing eye for detail which is why your stuff always looks so awesome. #respect

Hopefully, the devs will figure out how to theme clocks and newsstand in a future release of IconOmatic.

Enjoy your MLK day.

Quote Originally Posted by casadicapra View Post
    where do you have to put that folder in iFile?
    Unzip it into here: var/mobile/library/iconomatic I think it automatically goes to the top of the theme in IconOmatic settings but go confirm that, be sure shadow and overlay are enabled and then respring.

1st post of this thread has more details on usage, items still in work, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    You would have to make you icons to use the mask.
    A couple of things I ran into yesterday:
    - It looks like theme names with spaces aren't picked up by IconOmatic.
    - when I had 7 themes going I wasn't getting my theme changes to take. When I went back down to 3 themes it starting working again. Could be some weird coincidence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@All

BTW, the theme I posted here:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/native-ipho...ml#post6988813
    should work with flat, standard shaped iOS 7 icons.

Here's a couple of non-Space BlueBerry examples:

Better 7:

Mojo for iOS 7:
    Last edited by ag92; 2014-01-20 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Trying to clean up my post. :)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ag92 For This Useful Post:

Update live but keep getting size mismatch! Will keep trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy363 View Post
    Update live but keep getting size mismatch! Will keep trying!
    It's being worked on

--
    Also here are some changes and known issues. I will update original post later.

Add:

Icon scaling

Remove icon labels

Remove stock apple dock

Fixes:

Alignment issues (for default scale)

Issues:

Known crash when entering themes for first time after install

Clock, newsstand and folders do not get the overlay applied to them

Clock, newsstand and folders do not get scaled

Shadow file starts getting scaled slightly more than the icon when scaling more than 20%

Dependencies:

Rocketbootstrap and preference loader needed in order for tweak to work (we are adding this as an automatic install)
    Last edited by subywrex; 2014-01-20 at 08:34 PM.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2014-01-20), ag92 (2014-01-20), Alfroggy (2014-01-20), Happy363 (2014-01-20), It's Mi (2014-01-21), NewD (2014-01-21), pioneer88 (2014-01-21)

That's awesome keep this up I won't need springtomise 3 when it's released!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

ag92 (2014-01-20), Alfroggy (2014-01-20), pioneer88 (2014-01-20)

Will be another update tonight to fix the crash after initial install. SOMEONE **cough** forgot to clean some DS Store files....

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-20), It's Mi (2014-01-21), metaserph (2014-01-21)

i love this tweak is too awesome but could you add a slide bar percentage for the icon resizing? or like springtomize 2 that it gave you the options like 10% 15% 20% 25% and so on? and also what features does iconomatic pro bring i might buy it

The shrink feature doesnít work very well in iconOmatic. Some icons donít shrink and the minimum size is too small. Plus you need to keep the dock icons small.

This tweak is amazing! Can't wait to get the pro version when it's released.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to pioneer88 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2014-01-21)

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacTobalina View Post
    i love this tweak is too awesome but could you add a slide bar percentage for the icon resizing? or like springtomize 2 that it gave you the options like 10% 15% 20% 25% and so on? and also what features does iconomatic pro bring i might buy it
    Little confused because the percentages are in the settings

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    The shrink feature doesnít work very well in iconOmatic. Some icons donít shrink and the minimum size is too small. Plus you need to keep the dock icons small.
    Please refer to my post a little bit up. Also not sure what it means you need to keep the dock icons small?

Looking great!! Thanks for all the hard work put into this!!

ImageUploadedByModMyi1390282233.690272.jpg

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TeddyDiesel For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2014-01-21)

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Little confused because the percentages are in the settings

Please refer to my post a little bit up. Also not sure what it means you need to keep the dock icons small?
    I asked Anthony on twitter if we could keep the dock icons full sized and shrink the field and he told me sure thing. It's meaningless until the non affected icons like the clock get shrunk.

My new weather app "HueWeather 7" is out in the AppStore https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/huew...797030741?mt=8
    This is the paid version no ads, and the free version WITH ads will be coming in the next few days. Runs on the WeatherUnderground API. Go check it out.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2014-01-21)

Does anyone's SB go into safe mode pretty often ? After deleting iconomatic it doesn't happen

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast