Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit9 View Post
    thing is...it worked for me, without RocketBootStrap. but it could be added to say, "if it doesn't work for you, try adding this..."

but congrats Happy on getting it to work.
    I would "strongly suggest" that you add it as a dependency for your tweak to save yourself a great deal of emails coming to you through Cydia with problems. I just put the tweak on my phone as well and it did not work without RocketBootStrap. Now that's three of us. I'll bet you there will be many many more.

thing is...it worked for me, without RocketBootStrap. but it could be added to say, "if it doesn't work for you, try adding this..."

but congrats Happy on getting it to work.
    I thought so too but when you look at your packages if it's in simple mode you don't see it. Switch to expert and you see it's installed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I thought so too but when you look at your packages if it's in simple mode you don't see it. Switch to expert and you see it's installed
    AHA!! I KNEW it was a depenency! There are SEVERAL tweaks that run in the background that you can't see unless you switch on DEVELOPER Mode in the Cydia settings. Some other tweak you guys installed earlier must have required RocketBootStrap as a dependency - so you didn't know you "needed" it for IconOMatic.. to work properly.

Mystery Solved.. Please make sure you add RocketBootStrap as a dependency for IconOMatic and 'all will be well'.. ..

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    just changed to expert mode and you know what....your right...it was installed. for love nor money, i cant remember installing it. must have been installed with one of my meant tweaks that i have installed.

Thanks

just changed to expert mode and you know what....your right...it was installed. for love nor money, i cant remember installing it. must have been installed with one of my meant tweaks that i have installed.
    Yep. I remember seeing it be required with CCSettings or HiddenSettings7 - one of those requires it.. Whichever one requires it - it seems to be a pretty common "expert" dependency to several newer iOS7-only tweaks.

EDITED:
    CCToggles is one tweak that requires RocketBootStrap.

Do you, Suby or Oldgit9 use CCToggles?
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-01-18 at 11:29 PM.

Using 5s on 7.0.4 with RocketBootStrap installed and still not working for me! :-(

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yep. I remember seeing it be required with CCSettings or HiddenSettings7 - one of those requires it.. Whichever one requires it - it seems to be a pretty common "expert" dependency to several newer iOS7-only tweaks.

EDITED:

No never used it or tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

EDITED:

ive just checked my "installed packages". i dont have CCToggles installed...but i do have CCControls, CCControls Default Themes and CCHide installed.

i couldnt find which one installed RocketBootStrap. but it could have been installed with the "evasi0n 7.x Untether" update????

ive just checked my "installed packages". i dont have CCToggles installed...but i do have CCControls, CCControls Default Themes and CCHide installed.

i couldnt find which one installed RocketBootStrap. but it could have been installed with the "evasi0n 7.x Untether" update????
    Anything that uses Ryan petrich's Activator or Applist will install rocket bootstrap.

The evasi0n updates don't install it.
    Last edited by ag92; 2014-01-19 at 12:11 AM.

I am on 7.0.4 on 1.0.4, 64GB iPhone 5S 64bit and do not have rocketbootstrap, and mine works fine. I also have quite a bit of "other crap" installed, as I am beta testing a bunch of other stuff.

I have added the dependency to the repo, as I'm managing that end of things... But I HATE adding a dependency that may not be needed.

Any problems with the repo itself need to be addressed to me, as Anthony is busy coding this tweak, and Rick is busy nagging him.

Quote Originally Posted by ag92 View Post
    Anything that uses Ryan petrich's Activator or Applist will install rocket bootstrap.

The evasi0n updates don't install it.
    i dont know where or how i installed RocketBootStrap. but who ever did include it into their tweak package...thanks...you dont know how much of a favour you done for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I am on 7.0.4 on 1.0.4, 64GB iPhone 5S 64bit and do not have rocketbootstrap, and mine works fine. I also have quite a bit of "other crap" installed, as I am beta testing a bunch of other stuff.

I have added the dependency to the repo, as I'm managing that end of things... But I HATE adding a dependency that may not be needed.

Any problems with the repo itself need to be addressed to me, as Anthony is busy coding this tweak, and Rick is busy nagging him.
    thats what i thought..until i was instructed "subywrex" to change my Cydia setting to Expert/Developer settings. thats when i found out that i had already installed the app. god knows where or how i installed it..but its there......
    Last edited by oldgit9; 2014-01-19 at 12:22 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to oldgit9 For This Useful Post:

ag92 (2014-01-19)

...I HATE adding a dependency that may not be needed.
    Thanks for your help MJ. And I agree with hating to add extra dependencies. Especially if a theme requires icon-o-matic which then requires rocket bootstrap... But tweaks seem to be stabilizing more since saurik's updates.

Maybe at some point Rick or Anthony could investigate further.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy363 View Post
    Q_ban_b did you try this curious if it works for you as well?
    Rocket bootstrap worked for me as well

It also technically need preferenceloader as a dependency too... But, everyone installs that in the first day

Quote Originally Posted by Q_bAn_b View Post
    Rocket bootstrap worked for me as well
    Sweet q_ban_b! Say what you want mamajaay but proof is in the pudding! I restored went all the way back to a new phone and nothing worked for me! As soon as I resprung after installing rocketbootstrap the first thing that popped up was welcome to iconomatic something about a pro version (sorry can't remember was excited)

There must be something within rocketbootstrap that the tweak needs!
    Last edited by Happy363; 2014-01-19 at 02:05 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy363 For This Useful Post:

ag92 (2014-01-19)

Playing around a bit...

Really cool tweak!!

Stock (with Better 7 SMS v1)

Better 7

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ag92 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2014-01-19)

Thanks

Change your package view to Expert, MJ.. Can't imagine you won't see it there. This tweak seems pretty dependent on RocketBootStrap. But if you really don't have it in your phone - stranger things have happened. Please report back whether you really have it or not after changing to Expert mode in Cydia. Thx!!

Thanks

It's there. Cloaky
    Yeah I first learned about these hidden packages only seeable in Expert mode when Cyberduck (SSH client for Mac) didn't work on my 5S until I installed Automatic SSH. Except you can't see Automatic SSH as a tweak in Cydia until you set your view settings to Developer. Who knew?

Space Blueberry with an overlay and shadow:

Here's the iconOmatic theme:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/moq3yy40yt...IconOmstic.zip

***UPDATE: ***
    See this post for a much better version:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/native-ipho...ml#post6988813
    Last edited by ag92; 2014-01-20 at 05:58 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ag92 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2014-01-19), MamaJaay (2014-01-19)

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast