Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Sorry man this is just false. Ram is not there just to store freeze points of applications.
    .. Don't change my words into something I never said Suby. Please have an intellectually honest conversation my friend.
    Normal operations will save to your ram also. Ram is there to cache items your phone has to often that way your phone does not have to redo the entire processes ever grime.
    Of course! Who has said otherwise? This is the entire nature of dynamic RAM allocation that started with iPhone 4s.
    Saying iconomatic has a 500mb leak is just ludicrous. I'm not saying there isn't a chance of a mem leak but to claim 500???
    RAM leaks are additive.. They get worse with more usage.. The leak with iconOmatic started at 30-50MB as I clearly stated. With more and more usage even after clearing the app switcher you'd never get your RAM back to post boot levels. Don't say getting back to post reboot level isn't possible -because it is. I do it all the time by clearing app switcher with no tweaks that have RAM leaks.

After I cleared the app switcher one time with only iconOmatic (prior to 1.0) & Winterboard loaded the Ram got down to 40 MB until I cleared the app switcher.. Then it only returned to 305.. That's a loss of over 400MB.. System takes about 200MB in iOS 7.. The open RAM should have returned to high 700's on IP5.. High 600's on 5S.. ARM64 is in this equation too.. Won't bore people.. But as soon as I uninstalled iconOmatic and did the same test - as soon as I cleared the app switcher the ram returned to post reboot levels… Just as expected.
    My statement was merely that I ONly See my ram go down when I open an app. I have been at a steady 190-230 free sense my last post with out quitting any apps or resprings. The more I use my phone the more it will go down. This is the same for non jailbroken iPhones.
    You're skirting the issue a bit.. When you clear app switcher you should return to immediate post Boot ram levels. This is proper iOS implementation provable on any phone. It seems that not understanding what I mean and that you likely haven't done the leak testing I'm talking about or I think you'd understand the nature and effect of clearing the App Switcher. But be that as it may.
    Again I'm not saying it's not possible there is an issue, but with it not happening consistent, or even repeatable then it's hard to call it an isolated iconomatic issue
    1.0 cleared the leak.. Just as the change notes allude to. So all good now.. Glad your team got to the bottom of icono's leak. The bug was very repeatable from 0.9 on down. Thanks for getting to the bottom of it! That's all that matters..
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-03-19 at 09:14 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

dejanco (2014-03-19)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    .. Don't change my words into something I never said Suby. Please have an intellectually honest conversation my friend.
    Of course! Who has said otherwise? This is the entire nature of dynamic RAM allocation that started with iPhone 4s.
    RAM leaks are additive.. They get worse with more usage.. The leak with iconOmatic started at 30-50MB as I clearly stated. With more and more usage even after clearing the app switcher you'd never get your RAM back to post boot levels. Don't say getting back to post reboot level isn't possible -because it is. I do it all the time by clearing app switcher with no tweaks that have RAM leaks.

After I cleared the app switcher one time with only iconOmatic (prior to 1.0) & Winterboard loaded the Ram got down to 40 MB until I cleared the app switcher.. Then it only returned to 305.. That's a loss of over 400MB.. System takes about 200MB in iOS 7.. The open RAM should have returned to high 700's on IP5.. High 600's on 5S.. ARM64 is in this equation too.. Won't bore people..
    You're skirting the issue.. When you clear app switcher you should return to immediate post Boot ram levels. This is proper iOS implementation provable on any phone. You're clearly not understanding what I mean and it's clear you haven't done the leak testing I'm talking about or you'd understand the nature and effect of clearing the App Switcher.
    1.0 cleared the leak.. Just as the change notes allude to. So all good now.. Glad your team got to the bottom of icono's leak. The bug was very repeatable from 0.9 on down. Thanks for getting to the bottom of it! That's all that matters..
    Again this is all false. You acknowledge the ram is used for more than just app switcher. So your theory of closing out everything in app switcher will return your ram to what it would be right after a reboot is not true.

Your ram will be used for other phone things through out time there for closing out apps is not going to return you back to post boot

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-19), dejanco (2014-03-19)

Thanks

Again this is all false. You acknowledge the ram is used for more than just app switcher. So your theory of closing out everything in app switcher will return your ram to what it would be right after a reboot is not true.

Your ram will be used for other phone things through out time there for closing out apps is not going to return you back to post boot
    Completely false. You clearly don't understand how iOS works with the App Switcher.. And haven't done the testing. Or if you have done the testing my guess is you've probably forgotten to turn off Background App Refresh (new in iOS 7). Which is not cleared with the app switcher. And can leave things in your RAM that you wish not to have there. But I've learned over the years it's useless to argue with you. If you don't believe in RAM leakage why did you ask one of your code developers to clear the problem?

Anyone can do the test I outlined (background app refresh turned off) and it will prove I'm right.

Great tweak.. Suby-- I've always enjoyed your work - you know that.. You're just stubborn about things you think you know.. But so am I! .. And I can always prove my claims..
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-03-19 at 09:21 PM.

Completely false. You clearly don't understand how iOS works with the App Switcher.. And haven't done the testing. Or if you have done the testing my guess is you've probably forgotten to turn off Background App Refresh (new in iOS 7). Which is not cleared with the app switcher. And can leave things in your RAM that you wish not to have there. But I've learned over the years it's useless to argue with you. If you don't believe in RAM leakage why did you ask one of your code developers to clear the problem?

Anyone can do the test I outlined (background app refresh turned off) and it will prove I'm right.

Great tweak.. Suby-- I've always enjoyed your work - you know that.. You're just stubborn about things you think you know.. But so am I! .. And I can always prove my claims..

I fully understand how ram works with switcher. If you have followed my posts I have stated MANY times of how silly it is that people constantly clear their switcher. People want to see this large number of free ram when they don't realize ram is there for a reason. iOS will recycle when needed.

But we are talking about a tweak not an application. I am talking about ram as a whole. Ram is used for other things. And will take up free ram. It's how computers work. Has for ages.

And no I don't have background refresh on.

Anyway moving on.
    Last edited by subywrex; 2014-03-19 at 09:40 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-19), pioneer88 (2014-03-20)

Thanks

I've stated MANY times that it is possible it's there. I am merely saying that what your saying is not true. Ram is not only used for switcher. There for other things will use ram even with everything cleared out of switcher. The more you use your phone the more that will be cached in ram.

And again when and where did I ever announce that I "one of your code developers to clear the problem?"

Of course if people are having an issue I'll bring it up. That's common sense. He worked on something and people are STILL reporting the issue. However nor you or I can duplicate the issue.

I am not raging about the app. I am arguing that what your saying about ram is not the whole story. You forget about eventhing else that gets stored in ram. It's not just application freeze points. So again by just clearing your switcher, this will not return your phone to post boot? There will still be other cached items from normal phone processes that have accumulated through the time you have used it.
    Yes.. iOS7 tends to leave more in RAM in background that iOS6 did.. In iOS6 I could clear RAM completely back to post reboot levels with AppSwitcher. In iOS7 I can't get 'all the way back'.. But close.. The part that you're wrong about - is that 'simple usage' (no launching of apps) will add things to RAM. First I would ask - WHAT is 'not app driven' that someone does with their phone?

After 5-6 hours of usage on my phone - when unjailbroken and app switcher cleared I can return to within - 50-75MB of post reboot level, Suby. You can too. The evasi0n jailbreak for 7 only messes this up a little.. But clearing the app switcher - with background app refresh off gets me to within 50-75MB of post reboot ram even after hours of usage. If you can't get there - then you're experiencing RAM leakage somewhere. My phone never hovers at 45-70MB of RAM after App switcher clear. I get almost all of it back. So either I have a 'unique phone' - or there's something loaded on your phone causing massive RAM leak. Read up about Dynamic RAM allocation and the way to track down RAM leaks. It will help your future coding endeavors.

You are right - that both of us 'now' don't experience the animation speed up issue.. That means 1.0, 1.1. and 1.2 have cleared that 'on our phones' with 'our set of personal tweaks'.. So many variables.. So I will meet you on that point.

Yes.. iOS7 tends to leave more in RAM in background that iOS6 did.. In iOS6 I could clear RAM completely back to post reboot levels with AppSwitcher. In iOS7 I can't get 'all the way back'.. But close.. The part that you're wrong about - is that 'simple usage' (no launching of apps) will add things to RAM. First I would ask - WHAT is 'not app driven' that someone does with their phone?

After 5-6 hours of usage on my phone - when unjailbroken and app switcher cleared I can return to within - 50-75MB of post reboot level, Suby. You can too. The evasi0n jailbreak for 7 only messes this up a little.. But clearing the app switcher - with background app refresh off gets me to within 50-75MB of post reboot ram even after hours of usage. If you can't get there - then you're experiencing RAM leakage somewhere. My phone never hovers at 45-70MB of RAM after App switcher clear. I get almost all of it back. So either I have a 'unique phone' - or there's something loaded on your phone causing massive RAM leak. Read up about Dynamic RAM allocation and the way to track down RAM leaks. It will help your future coding endeavors.

You are right - that both of us 'now' don't experience the animation speed up issue.. That means 1.0, 1.1. and 1.2 have cleared that 'on our phones' with 'our set of personal tweaks'.. So many variables.. So I will meet you on that point.
    I have never had the issue from day one of alpha testing.

I don't have a memory leak now, but things such as CC, notification, locational based items, notification center, pages, folders. All of these things can write to your ram. That way it does t have to fully reload From scratch every time. Yes most ram is allocated to. If your theory was true then after boot we would all have 1gb free memory after a reboot. But we don't. Because ram is already at fresh boot level being allocated to lots of other tasks your phone is doing just to turn on and be able to run

I see that you both are experts. So there is nothing one can do? I have 4 tweaks (folderenhancer, jellylock, iconomatic, winterboard) installed. Restored iphone 5s, did everything, and the animation bug still occurs i deactivated everything, nothing helps.

Thanks

I have never had the issue from day one of alpha testing.

I don't have a memory leak now, but things such as CC, notification, locational based items, notification center, pages, folders. All of these things can write to your ram. That way it does t have to fully reload From scratch every time. Yes most ram is allocated to. If your theory was true then after boot we would all have 1gb free memory after a reboot. But we don't. Because ram is already at fresh boot level being allocated to lots of other tasks your phone is doing just to turn on and be able to run
    What I'm stating is not theory but a fact of how iOS 7 works.. I think maybe I'm not explaining myself well.. After reboot of any phone since the original iPhone 2G.. System has to load -- so it would never be 1GB free after a reboot.. On iOS 6 it was about 800mb on iph 5. On ios7 iPh 5S it's about 700MB after all has loaded with a fairly bare tweak setup.. And minimal daemons loaded.

So it's not true that a clean reboot would yield.. 1GB.. System needs to load..

And I DO AGREE with you that as we access NC, CC and other things all deal with RAM. But they account for small allocations. Detecting a RAM leak in a single tweak IS possible.

Lastly..I'm not convinced you understand the testing for a RAM leak sufficiently to have know whether or not you had one in the early versions of icono.. Don't for a moment equate that simply because you didn't have the animation speed up bug - that Icono didn't have a leak..

I have done careful testing with only icono and WB installed after a fresh jailbreak on 5S.. And icono definitely had the leak.. Uninstalling icono would allow a return to over 600MB free ram after hours of usage. With icono installed after several hours I could not get ram back above 150MB after appswitcher clear. That proves the leak. On "any 5S".. You don't have a special phone my friend..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by dejanco View Post
    I see that you both are experts. So there is nothing one can do? I have 4 tweaks (folderenhancer, jellylock, iconomatic, winterboard) installed. Restored iphone 5s, did everything, and the animation bug still occurs i deactivated everything, nothing helps.
    Dejanco. I'm confused. Just a few post back you wrote this:
    Tried the folder test. Animation Bug still occurs
    Edit: disabled the tweak #noslowanimations. No more animation bug
    So which is it? Are you stating now - that even after the removing of "noslowanimation" you still have the animation speed up? I'm confused.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-03-19 at 10:48 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

dejanco (2014-03-19)

What I'm stating is not theory but a fact of how iOS 7 works.. I think maybe I'm not explaining myself well.. After reboot of any phone since the original iPhone 2G.. System has to load -- so it would never be 1GB free after a reboot.. On iOS 6 it was about 800mb on iph 5. On ios7 iPh 5S it's about 700MB after all has loaded with a fairly bare tweak setup.. And minimal daemons loaded.

And I DO AGREE with you that as we access NC, CC and other things all deal with RAM. But they account for small allocations. Detecting a RAM leak in a single tweak IS possible.

Lastly..I'm not convinced you understand the testing for a RAM leak sufficiently to have know whether or not you had one in the early versions of icono.. Don't for a moment equate that simply because you didn't have the animation speed up bug - that Icono didn't have a leak..

I have done careful testing with only icono and WB installed after a fresh jailbreak on 5S.. And icono definitely had the leak.. Uninstalling icono would allow a return to over 600MB free ram after hours of usage. With icono installed after several hours I could not get ram back above 150MB after appswitcher clear. That proves the leak. On "any 5S".. You don't have a special phone my friend..
    So which is it? Are you stating now - that even after the removing of "noslowanimation" you still have the animation speed up? I'm confused.
    Again your just making my point. Ram is used for other things than applications lol tweaks use ram. Core services use ram. Not sure how you can argue that

Exactly. I removed "noslowanimations", but the Animation bug still exists. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

For the record, I use to get the animation bug all the damn time. Ever since 1.1, I haven't experienced the bug so nice work y'all.

I did it again: removed substrate (hence all tweaks). Installed winterboard, iconomatic, jellylock, folderenhancer).

Hitting the folders for half an Hour now. No animation bug. I like it 👍😎

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    For the record, I use to get the animation bug all the damn time. Ever since 1.1, I haven't experienced the bug so nice work y'all.
    Good I hear

18. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Good I hear
    What's even better man, is I have even tried to force it by enabling springboard animations with springtomize and still going strong. This always triggered the bug quicker so I'm pretty happy with things now. I can finally run animation on my SB.

Thanks

Again your just making my point. Ram is used for other things than applications lol tweaks use ram. Core services use ram. Not sure how you can argue that
    Yes Core Services does - but that's all in the original 200MB used after Reboot. More is added -- yes -- as you use phone.. But never as much as a tweak leaking RAM contributes to low RAM. And you can still easily test for RAM leaks. And IconOmatic for sure had one. Easily testable and reproducible on all 5S before 1.0/1.1. MJ said the team admitted it the problem - so that's all I needed. And your team solved it with 1.1. THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Exactly my experience. No more leak and no more animation speed up of any kind. But you're on iPhone 5 - right Krima?

Yes Core Services does - but that's all in the original 200MB used after Reboot. More is added -- yes -- as you use phone.. But never as much as a tweak leaking RAM contributes to low RAM. And you can still easily test for RAM leaks. And IconOmatic for sure had one. Easily testable and reproducible on all 5S before 1.0/1.1. MJ said the team admitted it the problem - so that's all I needed. And your team solved it with 1.1. THANKS!!

Exactly my experience. No more leak and no more animation speed up of any kind. But you're on iPhone 5 - right Krima?
    Miss information again bro. Someone posted saying that we didn't asknowledge. We never didn't akbowdlege. We simply couldn't replicate. Something we can't do ourselves is extremely hard I trouble shoot. To be clear me, Anthony or MJ never had the problem, ever. And you say it's solved and clearly this whole convo was started by someone still having the issue lol.

So some still seem to have the issue. But again with out being able to duplicate the issue. Makes it hard to trouble shoot

Haven't gotten a chance to update until now, so I'll update back if things act up again or if it appears that I've been free'd from the bug.

BUT...

Suby is sounding stubborn as can be in this thread I just have to point out. There's no getting around that with hours of use and clearing out app switcher you get X amount of free ram without iconOmatic installed, and then with it installed doing the same thing you get a substantial negative X amount in comparison. There's no getting around that with an arguement to combat it but pure neglect and stubborness. Some times we have to admit to faults in our products and creations peoples!

With that said I have 1.2 installed now and I'll see if it occurs again throughout the day, crossing my fingers it's been fixed. It could very well be a cross between iconOmatic and ClassicDock for all I know. Or even E7 because like I was saying before with E7 enabled I literally have to have iconOmatic installed to get a proper looking stock dock! We'll see.

Update: Already occurred..

Right after posted in this thread I backed out if Safari, opened a folder, closed out of a folder, opened up the mail app - flipped up Control Center to toggle wifi back on, flipped the Control Center down and then back up because I noticed differences (just updated E7 an he changed the toggles up so I checked them out real quick), slid Control Center back down and backed out of mail and the bug smacked me again.

Going to run without E7 enabled for the day. So only iconOmatic, ClassicDock, and iconOmatic's shadow in WB obviously. We'll see.
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 2014-03-20 at 12:32 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (2014-03-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Haven't gotten a chance to update until now, so I'll update back if things act up again or if it appears that I've been free'd from the bug.

BUT...

Suby is sounding stubborn as can be in this thread I just have to point out. There's no getting around that with hours of use and clearing out app switcher you get X amount of free ram without iconOmatic installed, and then with it installed doing the same thing you get a substantial negative X amount in comparison. There's no getting around that with an arguement to combat it but pure neglect and stubborness. Some times we have to admit to faults in our products and creations peoples!

With that said I have 1.2 installed now and I'll see if it occurs again throughout the day, crossing my fingers it's been fixed. It could very well be a cross between iconOmatic and ClassicDock for all I know. Or even E7 because like I was saying before with E7 enabled I literally have to have iconOmatic installed to get a proper looking stock dock! We'll see.

Update: Already occurred..

Right after posted in this thread I backed out if Safari, opened a folder, closed out of a folder, opened up the mail app - flipped up Control Center to toggle wifi back on, flipped the Control Center down and then back up because I noticed differences (just updated E7 an he changed the toggles up so I checked them out real quick), slid Control Center back down and backed out of mail and the bug smacked me again.

Going to run without E7 enabled for the day. So only iconOmatic, ClassicDock, and iconOmatic's shadow in WB obviously. We'll see.
    Please re read my arguments. I am not or never argued about a there isn't a leak iconomatic. I just said we can't duplicate. (Doesn't mean it's not real)

I was arguing his point of saying apps are the only thing that use ram it's just not true.

I just installed iconomatic v1.0, respring check ram and it's at 523 free

Uninstall respring and have 517 free.

But again all I have said is I can't duplicate. But I can show you heated arguments I have had with Anthony saying "I know we can't duplicate but doesn't change the fact people have it".

Again. My arguments is that he likes to say things that he believes is true. It's simply not. The more you use your phone the more your phone will use ram. Not just with applications. System tasks need ram too

Just like every phone is different. I have 550 free after reboot and he has 700-800.

Not meaning to sound like a **** and I have nothin agains anyone here.
    Last edited by subywrex; 2014-03-20 at 02:04 AM.

Please re read my arguments. I am not or never argued about a lead in iconomaric. I just said we can't duplicate. (Doesn't mean it's not real)

I was arguing his point of saying apps are the only thing that use ram it's just not true.
    I'm not sure if that's what he was arguing, though, I think he admits that other system features use up ram as well - not just apps. But his arguement seemed to be that when he had iconOmatic uninstalled and cleared all apps he had more free ram than when he had iconOmatic installed and did the same thing - pointing to a memory leak with it.

Bug happened again, lol man oh man oh man! Soon as I popped into Safari. Well I guess I can rule out E7 having anything to do with it. Now onto trying it without Classic Dock installed...

Update: Nope, not a Classic Dock conflict either - happened again without Classic Dock installed. This is so frustrating.
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 2014-03-20 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    I'm not sure if that's what he was arguing, though, I think he admits that other system features use up ram as well - not just apps. But his arguement seemed to be that when he had iconOmatic uninstalled and cleared all apps he had more free ram than when he had iconOmatic installed and did the same thing - pointing to a memory leak with it.

Bug happened again, lol man oh man oh man! Soon as I popped into Safari. Well I guess I can rule out E7 having anything to do with it. Now onto trying it without Classic Dock installed...

Update: Nope, not a Classic Dock conflict either - happened again without Classic Dock installed. This is so frustrating.
    When it happens can you see what your available ram is?

Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast