Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Web Browser - iPhone Browsing Redefined

Quote Originally Posted by DP-Exxed View Post
    Hey SoulFear,
    Open in background tab already exists... It's the u-arrow besides open in new tab
    Wow! Thanks for pointing that out
    I feel a bit stupid now... ;p

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Will I still get a preview version once you submitt this to the app store?
    Yes, all our preview versions will goto you, Stormhunter and SoulFear .

Suggestions:
    -ability to password protect the app
    Please Elaborate this request, the ability to password protect the app is already there, Enable password from Settings.

-adblock (separate from popup block)
    Ad-block is already present in 360 Browser and you can enable diable them from either the settings or from the Arc.

-ability to rotate a picture that your viewing on the screen simply by twisting your fingers clockwise or counterclockwise like on ipod touch
    A Very Interesting feature request and we will do our best to implement this soon.

-find definition/look up on wikipedia highlighted word
    This too has been noted down

-inapp facebook and twitter integration (more than just update status)
    This is something we feel is not in demand by the users [from our survey] and won't be pursuing it

-inapp free texting and VOIP client with ability to make google voice calls just but click a number- ie. When clicking number give ability to make call w/ phone app, google voice app, or bulit in VOIP client
    Lemme look into this feature and get back to you

-pull down to refresh page.
    Again a really nice request and we have included this in our ToDo List.

-another full screen mode where there is absolutely no hud but it appears when you hold your finger on the screen then drag near the toolbar and it pops up by the time you get to it kind of like hoving a mouse.
    We will try to implement a plugin which lets you convert your full screen to this.

-Another full screen mode with transparent UI and ability to easily toggle between the 3 fullscreen modes
    This is something which is going to take some time since we will have to rewire some of the existing features to make this work

-ability to set up multitouch gestures to activate individual plugins
    Unfortunately, this is something which might put a lot of performance impact on the browser and hence we haven't done this. Reason being that plugins are taken from outside dynamically and every time a user will call the multitouch gesture, we will have to dynamically check the user's plugin to see if a plugin can be executed or not

-ability to turn off the current plugin via a multitouch gesture
    This is something which might be possible and we have noted it down.

-if multitouch gesture fails the phone vibrates/makes sound and possible shows a tuturial that displays the multitouch gestures the USER picked
    A very nice suggestion indeed, noted down

-ability to open downloaded folders after they are unzipped then save any images inside to the camera roll. Save music and videos to ipod (if apple allows).
    Not sure whether Apple will allow saving music and videos but let me dig deeper, Saving images to camera roll will be there in the next version update.

-open in support for downloaded files if another app can open it- ie. A pdf it will let you open with ibooks or a pdf reader.
    This is already done and will be available as a feature in the coming version 2.1 which is waiting Apple's approval.

-ability to save a number clicked on to contacts when you click on it (another option in the menu I talked about w/ open via phone, google voice, bulit in voip.). Possibly even open in support for the phone numbers.
    Nice suggestion indeed, don't know about the voip thing but the saving number to contacts will be included pretty soon

-open in support as one of the options when holding down on a link if for some reason you wanted to open it in safari or another browser
    Will be included in the next version

-did I mention air print support yet? How about also addition inapp print support or support for other print apps that use air print but actually work with most printers.
    The next version will have this too

-in app gallery to view pictures from camera roll w/o leaving app and full VOIP style access to phone contacts to call using built in VOIP.
    In-App gallery will also be there in the upcoming version.

-take videos/pictures from within the app using a camera button in bottom bar and ability to edit pictures and videos from within the app then share using integrated social media features (important to add).
    Let us know what type of editing we are talking about here

-built in web app manager that allows you to access te web apps then save them as icons in an accessable page that is very much like the iphone springboard with the icons layed out which can be accessed via button or plugin.
    Something that apple doesn't allow third party apps to do so we have to turn this request down .

-game center, openfeint, and plus+ support to view achievements, friends, and add/ contact them and see high scores and share via social media built in features.
    Though this feature won't be included in the upcoming updates but we will work on it as soon as we finish the iPad version

-ios 4.3 airplay support. If possible make for more than just videos so the entire app can use airplay and I can use a (nonjailbreak) web browser on my apple tv.
    An interesting feature that has been noted down.

-Any progress or anything on that home page idea I had with weather and clock browser "widgets" as well as an rss reader which you can choose rss feeds.
    We will work on this as soon as we are able to wind up an iPad Version of 360 Browser.

-some cool animations like page turning effect when going backward and forward.
    Great animation effects and will be introduced soon in 360 Browser.

-built in todo/checklist manager with built in calwndar that integrates with google/mobile me calendars
    We will try to implement this sooner than later.

I really see this app as the "one app to rule them all" and I think that if you are able to greatly integrate social media in the browser as given in my suggestions and are able to create an app environment that has the suggestions I gave like all of those built in elements I would never need to go outside of your app to do common many task again. I really hate having to open so many different apps to do common tasks with or without apples sucky multitasking. All these features I listed basically all exist in some form in the app store in many different apps but if you can get them all in one place much like it is in google chrome desktop browser for me because I use the chrome web store with all the chrome apps including voip, notes, and social media apps and clients that I got from the chrome web store. I will never go back to using another browser again because of the chrome web store and I definitely see all of these features within the realm of possibility as long as you keep an intuitive interface and easy accessbility to your endless features as you already do. I have the mac app store but when I have google chrome open I often times just find it more convient to use the chrome apps rather than opening individual mac apps like twitter and evernote instead choosing a chrome twitter client and chrome web store notes app.

You guys have what it takes to make this the ultimate app from social media to productivity to photography to utilities and even gaming media all within a browser to become #1 app in the app store and kill angry birds with a browser
    Thanks, really appreciate your words
    Well, I have to really rush right now and hence will catch up with the rest of your questions in a couple of hours or so.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2011-01-29), SoulFear (2011-01-26), Stormhunter117 (2011-01-28)

I hate to sound so demanding and snobby but could you add folders to the saved pages section please?

And title editing?
    Last edited by Stormhunter117; 2011-01-28 at 06:11 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-29)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

That would be cool

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-29)

Wow!! You guys are the greatest!!

Just saw that you replied to all my requests.

I am simply amazed that for every single request no matter how impossible it might seem to me for you to implement you are able to implement in some form for almost everything I requested. Incredible! Even better yet that you plan to include a lot of these things in the 2.1 version.

Some of the things you said would be in 2.1 weren't in the preview you sent me? Does this mean your working on it right now and will add them before you submit to apple. A delay of any form would not bug me in the least bit if it means your adding this stuff. Will there be another preview version with these elements? (kinda like a 2.1beta2 version)

Oh and for the web apps thing: It is allowed by apple- Check out AppBox Pro (:

Lol I just realized that I had suggested more stuff after that... Curious to see what you have to say for that.

Oh and sent you a PM.

For photo editing I was thinking like crop, brightness, saturation, various effects, those basic things. Maybe even adding a caption and drawing on the photos.

Oh and I'm super happy to see that you are trying to get the ipad version out soon. I have been waiting so long for this! (:
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2011-01-29 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-29)

@SnowLeo

Oh and if many of the offline featues I mentioned like notes could be done either online via cloud based apps to make them faster and more integratable like google apps but also work offline thatd be awesome.
    -oh and ability to access and use google web apps like google docs if possible.
    Noted Down your suggestion

Oh and ability to take screenshot of part of the screen (with like the box withe the circles in the corners to stretch/shrink the area you want to take a screenshot like resizing a picture in keynote app for ipad or microsoft office.
    Well, we did thought about it and the prodigy engine is capable of doing it but sadly this puts a lot of pressure on the app which hampers the performance so hopefully you guys will get this as soon as iPhone 5 come up .

-inapp video screenshot?
    Same problem as above

-user/developer submitted themes and plugins.
    User/Developer submitted plugins are there... to submit plugins, head to 360.digitalpoke.com. Themes are centralized due to the fact that there values have to be hardcoded for each unique ones... but hey we really welcome anybody who wants to make a theme for us... so feel free to mail us at [email protected] and we will send you the images folder so that you can play with them .

-dashboard like widgets where you click an icon and widgets appear on top of everything but the background is darkened but then you can exist the widget dashboard by clicking anywhere that isnt a widget.
    Already noted

-ability to resume app after clsing the the same plugins running, the same spot in the page, on the same tab, in the same fullscreen/normal mode.
    We did introduce a crash-restore functionality with this update... plans are there to evolve it even more

-possibly make a sidebar for the voip, camera/video editing and capture, faceboom and twitter, notes, ect. bulit in things I detailed with individual icons for each and activation for the sidebar either from pressing a small arrow button permanantly on the left side to open it, through multitouch gesture, or through an icon to show sidebar when you press the settings icon like how the arcs are activated. Or you can just have stuff in another arc thats called like media.
    Interesting idea and penned down.

-changable/optional sounds when any element of the browser UI is hit and custom sound when arc is brought up, button is hit, ect.
    -notification badges within the app for notes, weather, ect.
    Noted down

-parental controls for elements within the browser in the settings app
    Expect this to make way soon enough

-open in support for locations for maps, navigation app, built in maps
    Some functionality already exists for this but we have to make it better

-voice to text search, voice to text in other elements such as voice notes, voice commands like call "#", update social media status through voice to text, use voice commands like "go back" or "refresh".
    We thought about this and have refrained from it due to the feature putting too much pressure on the performance of the App.

-button to allow drawing to activate things such as drawing a back arrow will take you back. And touch input option for built in notes
    This feature too impacts performance as it means recording every user gesture and comparing them

Did I ever mention adjusting brightness and volume from within app?
    Expect this to come to 360 very soon

Ability to acces music library and choose song to play while browsing/ect within app like in games.
    Already done, iPad Music will come real soon too

-did I ever mention changing the font?
    Noted down

Oh and if many of the offline featues I mentioned like notes could be done either online via cloud based apps to make them faster and more integratable like google apps but also work offline thatd be awesome.

Oh and ability to take screenshot of part of the screen (with like the box withe the circles in the corners to stretch/shrink the area you want to take a screenshot like resizing a picture in keynote app for ipad or microsoft office.
    Well, we did thought about it and the prodigy engine is capable of doing it but sadly this puts a lot of pressure on the app which hampers the performance so hopefully you guys will get this as soon as iPhone 5 come up .

-inapp video screenshot?
    Same problem as above

User/Developer submitted plugins are there... to submit plugins, head to 360.digitalpoke.com. Themes are centralized due to the fact that there values have to be hardcoded for each unique ones... but hey we really welcome anybody who wants to make a theme for us... so feel free to mail us at [email protected] and we will send you the images folder so that you can play with them .

-dashboard like widgets where you click an icon and widgets appear on top of everything but the background is darkened but then you can exist the widget dashboard by clicking anywhere that isnt a widget.
    Already noted

-ability to resume app after clsing the the same plugins running, the same spot in the page, on the same tab, in the same fullscreen/normal mode.
    We did introduce a crash-restore functionality with this update... plans are there to evolve it even more

-possibly make a sidebar for the voip, camera/video editing and capture, faceboom and twitter, notes, ect. bulit in things I detailed with individual icons for each and activation for the sidebar either from pressing a small arrow button permanantly on the left side to open it, through multitouch gesture, or through an icon to show sidebar when you press the settings icon like how the arcs are activated. Or you can just have stuff in another arc thats called like media.

-changable/optional sounds when any element of the browser UI is hit and custom sound when arc is brought up, button is hit, ect.
    Noted down

-voice to text search, voice to text in other elements such as voice notes, voice commands like call "#", update social media status through voice to text, use voice commands like "go back" or "refresh".
    We thought about this and have refrained from it due to the feature putting too much pressure on the performance of the App.

-button to allow drawing to activate things such as drawing a back arrow will take you back. And touch input option for built in notes
    This feature too impacts performance as it means recording every user gesture and comparing them

Ability to acces music library and choose song to play while browsing/ect within app like in games.

-view xbox, ps3, and wii achievements/gamerscore and friends within the game media button that contains openfient, plus+, and gamercenter.
    Interesting idea, please elaborate more

-inapp video screenshot?
    Same problem as above

Already noted

Noted down

Hows thw ipad version coming along by the way?

-free version with iAds
    Coming very soon.. even sooner than we expected it

-are you still woeking on implementing history flow?
    History flow requires some rewiring and we have refrained from it till we get an iPad version out

-if you decide to add all my awesome suggestions perhaps a setting to just put it on light mode where it only has the same basic functions as safari but runs super fast
    I think we will have to, But rather than having a light mode, all the advanced feature will be put in advanced mode

-bar code scanner built in and google goggles like thing that looks up stuff on the internet that you took a picture of.
    Request noted down

-oh and syncing between notes apps, web, all desktop browsers, and many more things to sync all the awesome stuff inclusing mobile me sync and google sync and custom 360 cloud storage to store doenloads like mobile me idisk.
    Trying to add sync with other desktop browsers as well, unfortunately they are not as friendly as mozilla firefox which makes this difficult

@Stormhunter117 : Noted down your Saved Pages request as well and will implement it once we get the iPad version going. BTW, how's the video coming up... this will go into the whatsnew section which is presented to the user after the update is downloaded.

SnowLeo : Thanks buddy for pointing out the AppBox Pro thing, we will dig into it and also for pm, we are seriously considering our options but let's see what can be made out of it. At least these guys were innovative enough to modify the concept.

Ohhh and before i forget again
    =====================

Emoji Pro | Best Emoticon Keyboard!

Digital Poke brings you Emoji Pro, an app that enables over 460 emoticons and smileys in your iOS Device.

Emoji Pro is free till 1'st Feb

Emoji Pro | Best Emoticon Keyboard! for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

I completely forgot about the video-- and i don't think it can happen for a while because of midterms and school in general.

Now, when is that iPad version coming out?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-02-01)

Very awesome glad to hear that for my suggestions the only reason you will not add any of the features is not because its outside the scope of what you can do or want to do, or even if you think its outside of whats possible because you basically said you will or have looked into everything i noted. The only reason you would say no to the few features out of all I listed was out of concern for the performance of the app. That is dedication to the customer and dedication to the app. You guys are truly amazing. It almost makes me wonder if you guys are overqualified for iphone app building. Like seriously you guys have enough talent to build an entire mobile operating system far superior to iOS. You are the type of people that need to be writing iOS... All the people in charge of that now cannot come close to innovating the way you guys do.

Interesting to see you guys created another app as well. Not to insult your choice to make the emoji app but it just seems theres so many other emoji apps out there that do the same thing and you guys can do better but completely understanable that you are investing so much time into 360 that you need to spread your talents out in the app store and make your company more known and get the money you deserve.

About the video- cannot gaurentee anything (sorry) but I MIGHT be able to do it. Still have some work I need to do and not sure I can convince my little brother to let me borrow his ipod touch 4th gen. Would you mind I used the cydia app display recorder to record it or do you want me to use an actual video camera? And if I use displayrecorder should I have the visable taps on or off? Again not sure if I'll get the chance and I don't want to take the money away from Stormhunter if he still plans to do it.

Checked out the Emoji Pro app. Much nicer interface and much easier to use than any other emoji app- I didn't expect anything less from you guys.

Gave you a nice 5 star review as deserved. In hindsight probably shouldve used emoji icons in the review. But emoji and iacces dont work to well
    together because then it would be like having 3 keyboards and I dont think I can disable to original keyboard and just have emoji and iacces.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2011-01-30 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-02-01)

On second thought, i got off my lazy *** and decided to do it. Its not even close to done but i could show you a preview or something

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-02-01), SnowLeo (2011-01-31)

@Stormhunter : Thanks for the video, just some minor adjustments and tweaks required.

We will be pushing the iPad version hopefully by this week's end.

@SnowLeo : Yeah Emoji Pro is kind of like a side project.

Sorry buddy, StormHunter is doing the video... But you can do our iPad version walkthrough , since we will need that one as well now. Let me know along with your paypal account id as well.

@SnowLeo, @Stormhunter and @SoulFear : Will be needing UDID's for iPad as well so please pm us the same.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by DP-Exxed View Post
    @Stormhunter : Thanks for the video, just some minor adjustments and tweaks required.

We will be pushing the iPad version hopefully by this week's end.

@SnowLeo : Yeah Emoji Pro is kind of like a side project.

Sorry buddy, StormHunter is doing the video... But you can do our iPad version walkthrough , since we will need that one as well now. Let me know along with your paypal account id as well.

@SnowLeo, @Stormhunter and @SoulFear : Will be needing UDID's for iPad as well so please pm us the same.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy
    Ahhh, now I wish I had an iPad.
    Would love to use this gorgeous browser on that big screen!
    Maybe I'll buy one if they reveal a new one with cameras on it.

Just out of curiosity; will the iPad version be basically the same, or will it have features that the iPhone version won't have?

Yeah I don't have an iPad either.

@SoulFear & Stormhunter : iPad Interface :

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2011-02-08), SoulFear (2011-02-01)

I'll send you the Firefox Sync part when I get home today.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-02-03)

Hello? Digital Poke? I sent it!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-02-09)

Hey Stormhunter,
    Yep we got the file... However, we really need the voiceovers on them. Please dub your voice on iPhone voice recorder according to the video and send it to us and we will put that together. Sorry for the delayed reply, we were busy finishing up 3.0 of 360 browser. The beta of which will be sen out in a couple of hours or so as we are just patching it up.

@Stormhunter, @Soulfear and @SnowLeo : Version 3.0 brings ome really great things including an iPad native interface.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

I haven't updated to 3.0 but one thing I have noticed on 2.1 is that the app crashes a lot and mostly on video websites like Mobile Youtube. I didn't get a lot of time before you released to play with it. Hopefully 3.0.1 can fix?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-02-09)

Screenshot for ipad version looks so sexy! Havent gotten a chance to try it out yet but I cant wait to start using 3.0 (:

Glad you guys chose to go with the universal app, its always a better approach because it pisses me off when I pay for an iphone app and have to pay again (more) for the ipad version thats just a larger version.

Edit: just tried out the 3.0 version for ipad and it is freaking awesome!!

Am I allowed to post stuff about ipad version/3.0 here or should I do that via PM/email?

Oh and just wondering can you give some hints on what kind of app meteoric will be? Saw it on 360.digitalpoke.com
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2011-02-08 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

30. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-02-09)

Screenshot for ipad version looks so sexy! Havent gotten a chance to try it out yet but I cant wait to start using 3.0 (:

Glad you guys chose to go with the universal app, its always a better approach because it pisses me off when I pay for an iphone app and have to pay again (more) for the ipad version thats just a larger version.

Edit: just tried out the 3.0 version for ipad and it is freaking awesome!!

Am I allowed to post stuff about ipad version/3.0 here or should I do that via PM/email?

Oh and just wondering can you give some hints on what kind of app meteoric will be? Saw it on 360.digitalpoke.com
    Thanks Snowleo,
    Yeah you can post stuff about iPad Version anywhere you want to... can't really talk about meteoric yet .

FYI: just approved your request, just bundling up the necessary files for you to work on along with some tips / tricks. Thanks for initiating it .

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

360 Browser goes iPad, gets Ambience Awareness and Dropbox support in version 3.0, update pushed for Apple's approval .
    Last edited by DP-Exxed; 2011-02-09 at 06:50 AM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2011-02-09)

Ok first off I want to say the ipad version is pretty awesome! Ive waited a while for it and it certainly did not disappoint. I love the ipad UI and itd very speedy and smooth

The home, google, history, back, and space buttons on the keyboard are very useful but they should either be labeled or have icons easier to understand because I wasnt style which did what at first.

Crimson oak theme- beautiful! Its awesome and Ive been using it over carbon theme on iphone and ipad.

Now I just have a few suggestions and observations to help imprive both ipad version and iphone version:

First off on the ipad version I did notice a few crashes. This was particularly when multiple tabs (about 5) were loading and I tried to acces the bookmarks button or the settings. Sometimes the tabs would be loaded and then I would hit the bookmark button then when I hit back it would crash.

I think some of the UI should be bigger on the ipad in particular I feel the arc should be slightly bigger and definitely the quick list icons. I love the new back buttons by the way and respect the decision to make the reload button in the address bar in the interest of space. Also good idea making the arc style tap only because otherwise dragging my finger across the ipad screen would get tireding

What exactly is ambience awareness?

Where was the startup tutorial for the ipad? Dont remember seeing it.

Where is airprint?

Finally some suggestions:
    -ability to have plugin icons under address bar like firefox
    -autocomplete text (optional) in addresss bar and search bar
    -3 finger swipe
    -smoother and better integrated hyperscroll like in mercury for ipad

Iphone v3.0 bug:
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2011-02-09 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

34. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-02-09)

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast